NCAA 14 Thread

HailtotheYo

Final pots.  Winning % was the most highly weighted category (20%).

A
Oklahoma
Michigan
Alabama 3
Nebraska
Ohio State 2
Southern California 4
Texas
Tennessee
Georgia
Florida State 5
B
LSU
Florida
Auburn
Penn State 6
Miami (FL)
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Clemson
UCLA
Georgia Tech 7
C
Colorado
BYU
Virginia Tech
Washington
Boise State
Wisconsin
TCU
West Virginia
Minnesota
Iowa
D
Arizona State
Michigan State
Stanford
Miami (OH)
California 9
Missouri
Pittsburgh
Ole Miss
Maryland
Illinois
E
Fresno State
Utah
Oregon
Marshall
Troy
Duke
SMU
Kansas State
Louisiana Tech
North Carolina 8
F
Purdue
San Diego State
Houston
Texas Tech
Toledo
Syracuse
NIU
Massachusetts
North Texas
Connecticut
G
Central Michigan
Wyoming
Cincinnati
San Jose State
Boston College
Louisville
North Carolina State
Colorado State
Nevada
Washington State
H
Texas State
Baylor
Kansas
Northwestern
Tulsa
Oklahoma State
Ohio
Tulane
Western Kentucky
Oregon State
I
Bowling Green
Arkansas State
Rice
Southern Miss
Vanderbilt
Utah State
Mississippi State 10
Arizona
Ball State
South Carolina
J
Louisiana-Lafayette
Hawaii
Virginia
Kentucky
UCF
Idaho
Eastern Michigan
Rutgers
East Carolina
Louisiana-Monroe
K
Wake Forest
Indiana
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Western Michigan
Memphis
Iowa State
Temple
UNLV
Akron
L
Buffalo
UTEP
Florida Atlantic
Kent State
FIU
South Florida
Middle Tennessee
UTSA
UAB
Georgia State1

I'm lining up the conferences for each team ... the first two choices for each school will be based on Geography mainly, but I will weigh historical conference affiliation into it as well.  That's only for the top 2 choices though.  After that, geography only.

Created a couple of Schools called New York and New York State then built the American Conference with 16 teams and the major teams as Boise State and Notre Dame and Lousiville plus added a couple of small schools

Then after the first year of me winning the conference title as NY state, I looked at the new coaches and the new Utah State coach,which is in my conference, is Lane Kiffin I didnt expect that

bleh, didn't get all that different outcomes.   A couple of conferences had as little as one change .... kind of surprising and not what I figured would happen.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I went straight world cup draw style with the pots (used random.org to "draw" the numbers)

First the "A" pot was drawn to give me the "top team" in each conference (conferences assigned alphabetically)

AAC - Georgia
ACC - Ohio ST
Big Ten - Oklahoma
Big Twelve - Texas
CUSA - USC
MAC - Nebraska
MWC - Alabama
PAC - Michigan
SEC - Florida State
SUN - Tennessee

And the new conferences:

AAC ACC BIG10 BIG12 CUSA MAC MWC PAC SEC SUN
UGA Ohio ST OK Texas USC Nebraska Bama Michigan FSU Tenn
Penn ST Ga Tech Ark MiamiFL UF TexAM Auburn LSU UCLA Clem
TCU WISC Col Iowa Va Tech Wash BYU W Va Boise Minne
MiamiOH Stanford Maryland AZ ST Mich ST Ole Miss Pitt Illinois Cal Mizzou
K State Marshall Troy Utah Oregon Fresno SMU Duke La Tech North Car
Toledo NIU Umass SDSU North Tx Purdue Tx Tech Syracuse Houston Uconn
Cincy Wash ST SJSU BC Louisville Nevada Wyoming NCST C Mich Col ST
W Kent Kansas Org ST Ohio Nwestrn Tulane Baylor OK ST Tx ST Tulsa
S Car Ball ST S Miss Vandy Miss ST Ark ST Arizona Utah ST Bowl Gr Rice
Hawaii UL Laff Kentucky E Car UCF E Mich Rutgers UL Mon Virginia Idaho
W Mich Indiana Wake N Mex Akron Temple UNLV Memphis Iowa ST NMST
UTEP FAU Buffalo MTSU UTSA GeorgiaST UAB Kent ST FIU USF

Yeah, so CUSA is loaded ... LOL Hawaii and that travel ... the MWC appears to be the most competitive

I've been considering getting this game for a while now, but haven't. Seeing as it's the last year or whatnot, I really want to get it and used to love the old NCAA Football games (I think the last one I got was like '07 or '08). Plus, I prefer college over Madden just because of the diversity you get and the large amount of teams along with recruiting, the rankings, ESPN presentation, all that good stuff.

And since it was talked about a few pages back (a while ago, I know), but I was a HUGE fan of College Hoops 2K. I only got 2K7, and even did a diary a few years back in the cube with the UC Riverside Highlanders, but thought they did an awesome job with their presentation. Even having a bracket show for the big dance was spectacular and actually gripping. Also, let's not forget about the halftime show 2K used to have back in their NFL days with Chris Berman at the half. If they could just have the same actual gameplay as EA, I think they could have or could do loads of spectacular things with it.

Also, lol at Cuse being in the PAC. Cross country conferencing it up, I love it!

So I picked this up from the xbox sale. I think I enjoy it more than Madden, maybe it's the 3-1 start to my FIU dynasty.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I still play this like once a week. I took South Alabama to the National Title game where we lost. We run the triple option offense.

Ive moved the conferences around to reflect how they look now and Navy dominates the AAC to the point that they're 11-1 or 12-0 every year and are now yearly in the title race.

Id give a nut for them to make a new version on the PS4. :(

There are reasons why I do not upgrade to Xbox one. First it is now down to 299.99 but Ill be waiting til its down to 199.99 or when the next GTA comes out whatever comes first. Also I still enjoy 360 games like the older 2ks and especially NCAA. 

I moved SMU into Big 12 after a few years, got 3 national championships in the bank now and this past off season really thought about bolting the program for Michigan. I do want to go to a new school. 

@Meacon how long do your dynasties usually go?