NCAA 14 Thread

HailtotheYo

"This year, South Alabama makes its long-awaited debut in NCAA Football along with Old Dominion and Georgia State. The Jaguars stadium has been accurately recreated, as has Texas State’s. That’s right, Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium will be in the game. Both big and small schools received attention, with TCU’s stadium updated to reflect their recent renovations. Horned Frogs fans should feel right at home.

ncaa-football-presentation-5.jpg

Neutral site games make their long-awaited debut this year, including the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic (Georgia Dome), Cowboy Kickoff Classic (Cowboys Stadium) and the Texas Kickoff Classic (Reliant Stadium). NCAA Football 14 also features three stadiums brought over from Madden NFL: Soldier Field, MetLife Stadium and M&T Bank Stadium. You can even create your own neutral site game. Let your imagination run wild."

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/ncaa-football-14-presentation

Also, NCAA will feature Ultimate Team ... Details May 15.

Dynasty Mode details May 28.

I had my copy on pre-order but I just got an email saying that the title had been dropped.

Up to date, Take that Robinson.

Every year I end up not loving it as much as I should and vowing never to buy it again... and every year I end up getting on launch like the Australian sheep that I am.

I do love the idea of new teams though (Come on EA, Just put in the FCS and be done with it <_<) Means more fodder to swap in my Teambuilder schools. Old Dominion - You were never right for this world.

I've lost interest in the series. I want to see the I-AA teams back in..like they had a decade ago on the PS2...

• Like 1

Gaining New Perspective

Another new feature is the ability to play games from one of three new camera angles. First up is the Wide camera, which presents the game from an angle akin to the “All 22” coach’s film. This full shot of the field keeps all players in frame and will allow players to keep tabs on all players at all times.

ncaa-football-14-sights-sounds-4.jpg

There is also the Zoom camera, which starts off from tackle-to-tackle and stays close to the ball throughout. If you want get the perspective of the QB or one of the backs then this is a good choice.

ncaa-football-14-sights-sounds-5.jpg

Last but not least is the Coordinator camera, which provides a view of the whole field initially, but dynamically zooms in during the play to follow the action. Traditionalists can still enjoy the Standard camera, but the new camera offers additional perspectives for anyone that wants to experience the game from a new angle. In addition, all these cameras will also be available in Road to Glory.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, unless there's some nice integration in Dynasty mode, I can't see myself getting too excited for it. I do wonder if they're going to address the College Football Playoff stuff in this game or wait until next year. I also wonder if they can further play around with conference realignment, since that's pretty much been what's drawn me in for the past couple of games even when nothing else was all that different.

• 2 weeks later...

That's enough for me. I was pretty sure I was getting this, since I skipped last year's game. The only thing I wanted to see was some kind of changes to dynasty, since that's all I ever play. I'm thrilled that they have sped up the recruiting process and added actual skills to it. Sold.

I kind of liked the Phone Calls, The new points system reminds me of NCAA 06.

I do like the idea of Special skills for Coaches though.

I do like the use of skill trees in all of these sports games. Nice to see gaming is catching up with the glorious nerdiness of everything else. However, I'm still hoping that they find even a minor way to integrate a playoff in this installment. It's something that I personally have begged for since realizing the last game in the series with a playoff option was back in the PS1 era, but even more than that, it seems like the legalese that kept them from doing it before (pissing off the BCS) is about to die anyway. I just want to see a playoff in a college football game before the PS4/Xbox One generation, please.

I highly doubt they'll do it when they can bank on (literally) when it comes in a few years anyway. No reason to integrate it now when it can be the huge selling point when D1 actually goes that route.

I still think they're missing a huge boat on not integrating the old conference/poll voting system/retro aspect of the game.

I've said that too. I would love nothing more than to at the least have an option how it was in the old College Football USA games where Fiesta may have the #1 vs. #9 team and the Rose Bowl ALWAYS had the Big-10/Pac-10(12) champions, regardless of rank.

Come to think of it, College Football USA had the option for a playoff too. That game was bad ass.

• 3 weeks later...

I normally take what OS says with a mountian of salt but I'll hop on over to my US account and get this downloaded for later today.

I really do hope that it's as awesome as they say but I've been hurt before.