NCAA 14 Thread

HailtotheYo

picked up my copy but still haven't been able to play yet ...

... anybody want the code for the 10$ off from fanatics.com ? If you do just quote this and if there's more than one person I'll do some kind of random generator or something.

¥¥

If you only simulate your dynasty games, it's probably not worth it. Unless you like the idea of the new teams and the new conferences. The main changes are in the in-game presentation and the way it plays. If you aren't going to be playing, you're probably best to just keep playing the older one.

And yeah, Srar, the X button does tackle. I don't ever use it, as I'm a hit stick kinda guy, but it does work. I only know that because it popped up during one of my first games telling me so. :P

If you only simulate your dynasty games, it's probably not worth it. Unless you like the idea of the new teams and the new conferences. The main changes are in the in-game presentation and the way it plays. If you aren't going to be playing, you're probably best to just keep playing the older one.

And yeah, Srar, the X button does tackle. I don't ever use it, as I'm a hit stick kinda guy, but it does work. I only know that because it popped up during one of my first games telling me so. :P

Thanks for the info. I've been playing Madden '07 and NCAA '07 on my old PS2 for awhile (because of the importing players from NCAA to Madden in Franchise mode), so I guess i'll stick with that.

The best part is #5 Alabama playing in the national championship game...or is that their ranking after the loss?

... anybody want the code for the 10$ off from fanatics.com ? If you do just quote this and if there's more than one person I'll do some kind of random generator or something.

(H)

¥¥

I've PM'd another member of the board a number between 1-10 ...

make your selections

(H)

¥¥

I've PM'd another member of the board a number between 1-10 ...

make your selections

3!

Ok, finally got a couple of games in ... some observations:

The passing game is much improved on the WR/DB front. The lanes are tight but much more true. If you release on the right mark on the route the ball will be there if the WR has a step on the DB. No more super jumping DB's etc ... very very much improved and a better experience. The pass blocking is still a bit mucky but it is better. You can also actually get through a play action pass but the DB's are still a bit too "smart" on those plays.

Holy crap can you have some insane runs with this new engine. I've had several "the greatest 8yd run in the history of ever" types as well as a play on the goal line where my RB slipped the DT that broke through, and then took on and busted through the CB/OLB at the same time before stumbling forward 3yds and falling into the end zone. There's also been a few time where the DB "just got enough" of me to knock me down/push me out of bounds/trip me up and stop big runs. There seems to be a fair bit of balance with this new engine.