NCAA 14 Thread

HailtotheYo

Can they? I would think they wouldn't be able to if the NCAA isn't a part of it. Still, it's definitely a blow to lose the license.

Nah it won't be too big of a deal. The universities, bowl games etc are handled by collegiate licensing company, entirely separate from the NCAA. The biggest change will be the name will now be collegiate football 2015 or something

Maybe that means we can actually get recruiting violations and kids getting into academic and legal trouble. I know the NCAA wouldn't let EA Sports put that into the game, as it gave off a negative image. With no NCAA to be lame and act like they run a clean ship, maybe we'll get some off-the-field realism.

• Like 1

Eh, don't think we'll ever see another game with "NCAA" in the title but I imagine we'll see an EA Sports College Football game next year as they can still license schools individually.

I figure since you've read Owen Good's tweets that you understand that it's not going to be handled on a school-by-school basis. If that would have to be the case, there'd be no more college football games made. From what I've read, they were only paying for the NCAA license on the football games to keep them sweet for the basketball licenses, and once they stopped doing that, they had no real need of the licence.

Has there been any words on how this will affect records? Like they can't say "Dragsy has just broken the NCAA record for touchdowns in a career", will thru just say collegiate record is something?

Has there been any words on how this will affect records? Like they can't say "Dragsy has just broken the NCAA record for touchdowns in a career", will thru just say collegiate record is something?

They can't say that, but not for legal reasons :pervert:

Kirk Herbstreit College Talk Football

Lee Corso Football 15!

Well now that you bring it up why not just Heisman Football 15?

Haven't bothered to get 14 yet, Might wait until my season finishes and i have some actual free time to use on it.

I went for the parallel of the NFL game being called Madden.

I assumed you might have been shooting for that. :(Y):

Who knows, Hopefully this is for the best.

It doesn't mean nothing because I haven't seen anybody say if the CLC has an exclusive contract with EA Sports or not. If they don't, that still leaves the door open for 2K to capitalize, use the NCAA brand and license the teams to make their own game. That's not nothing because that would probably tip the favor in 2K's direction.

It doesn't mean nothing because I haven't seen anybody say if the CLC has an exclusive contract with EA Sports or not. If they don't, that still leaves the door open for 2K to capitalize, use the NCAA brand and license the teams to make their own game. That's not nothing because that would probably tip the favor in 2K's direction.

The licensing for the schools and everything is already done through CLC, the NCAA has nothing to do with that. I doubt 2k's in a position to pay as much as EA for the licence as they've been contracting their sports portfolio due to NBA being pretty much the only profitable title they have.

Right, I knew the first bit which is why I was curious if CLC was exclusive to EA Sports because 2K being able to use the NCAA name would help sell their game. As far as 2K being able to pay as much, I'm not sure they'd need to because if there's no exclusive arrangement between EA Sports and CLC, then adding 2K is just another revenue stream for CLC. I'm also not sure that 2K wouldn't be willing to pay as much if they're really interested in expanding beyond the NBA games.

The big fish for 2K would obviously be the NFL but if 2K can get the NCAA license? That would help their case quite a bit for the NFL, I'd imagine.

If 2k had an agreement with the NCAA, all they would be able to use is the NCAA name and logo, they'd still need an agreement with the CLC or to make arrangements with individual schools. I'm not 2k are interested in expanding their portfolio right now, given that they've already shuttered NHL and I believe this year's MLB is their last. I guess you could make the argument that closing those down frees them up to pursue the NFL or NCAA, but still. Assuming there's nothing close to being in place yet, they'd have a whole lot of work to get something out for next year, it probably wouldn't be worth it.