The Great Pokémon Challenge (Playthrough Game!)

Katsuya

I'm done for the day, defeated Misty got the S.S. Anne ticket.

TEAM

Primeape lv. 28

That was it.

I'm stopping at exactly the same point as this.

TEAM

Paras Lv 21

Butterfree Lv 19

Butterfree Lv 19

Butterfree Lv 17

Beedrill Lv 17

Beedrill Lv 15

Quick update from my end as I just finished with Pewter City. I got lucky taking LeafGreen instead of the original Red/Blue because I totally forgot that Charmander learned Metal Claw....and that steel was super-effective against Rock. Brock and his little friend went down quickly without even having to leave to heal. I am savoring this moment because, in case I haven't mentioned it enough already, fighting Misty is really going to suck.

My Team:

Level 16 Charmeleon

....And that's it.

My eventual team is going to wind up as Charizard, Ninetails, Flareon, Magmar, Moltres and Rapidash because these are the only six fire pokemon I can think of in LeafGreen. (Stupid Growlithe/Archanine and your exclusivity.)

I feel really awkward because Emerald's been kind of a cakewalk thus far. My biggest challenge to date has been Brawly, and that's just because I needed two or three tries to perfect my battle plan against him. Thanks to my abusively-liberal usage of the turbo function, I've already got half the badges.

Quick note because I didn't mention it last time: my character name is Vann. It's 'water' or 'sea', IIRC, in one of the northern European languages.

Strom has since evolved into a Marshtomp. He's taken a bit of a backseat as of late, something that was made readily apparent to me in the fight against Flannery, as her Torkoal surprise-KO'ed him with an Overheat. He performed admirably before that, though; he had just finished off a female Camerupt who had Charmed him by spraying her with his muddy shooty-goo. As of my last save, he's Level 28.

GeorgLopez has since evolved into a Lombre. Although he had to pretty-much sit out the Lavaridge gym, I did manage to grind him up to around Lv. 27 in the paths to and from Fallarbor. I'm still kind of on the fence about jamming that somehow-naturally-evolved sombrero on his head sooner rather than later (mainly due to the fact that Lombre learns Hydro Pump at Lv. 49 while Ludicolo learns nothing after its evolution), but I figure that instead of giving Surf to Strom, I'll just let Strom learn Muddy Water and give Georg Surf... so now, the second I can get a Leaf Stone, it's Taco Duck Time.

Merrill the (Azu)Marill has also evolved, and is also around that same general 27ish area. Nothing much to report aside from him pretty much being my best Pokemon, type-coverage wise thus far.

Seagull the Wingull is a Pelipper now, and I can take him even less seriously than I did before. It's probably due solely to his influence that I was able to put Brawly away.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do a bit of grinding - and so help me God I'm gonna get one of the rods and a Wailmer before next update - but I think I might be in the clear for the time being.

Eh. Why not.

Platinum for me.

Steel! So, yes. Piplup onwards. I'm going to say you can use Wormadam if you evolve it in to Trash Cloak Wormadam.

Oh thanks, it's comforting to know that I could use objectively the worst of the Wormadam forms. Appropriate name though.

Got a couple of options though, so I should be good for a reasonably balanced team. Gardenia's gonna be hell though.

So, following my earlier blunder, I've finally caught up to where I had finished yesterday. <_<

Team is a touch less balanced due to my rushing:

Parasect Lv 24

Butterfree Lv 20

Butterfree Lv 20

Beedrill Lv 16

Beedrill Lv 15

Paras Lv 8

I've just completed the Elite Four. Speed Up Toggle is awesome.

Got hold of a Voltorb and quickly brought it up to an Electrode, defeated Team Rocket, defeated Pryce, defeated Team Rocket again, got through the Ice Cave, defeated Clare. Everyone has their uses but it's Ampharos and Lanturn that have been the dominant force, Ampharos takes care of the toughest opponents (Clare's Kingdra in TWO THUNDERPUNCHES) with the help of the Magnet, Lanturn takes out anything that is Ground/Rock based with Surf and a Mystic Water, Magneton is used against Grass, Poison, Psychic and Dark Pokémon even though it doesn't have any Steel moves, and Electrode is used in mulit-Pokémon trainer battles which it blitzes with Rollout.

Elite Four Will - Nice easy start with Magneton taking out Xatu, Exeggutor then became a bitch. Electrode went down, Magneton went down but Ampharos came to the rescue to knock it out. With half the team down I left Ampharos to take care of the rest, Jynx, Xatu no. 2 and Slowbro took just 4 Thunderpunches between them.

Koga - An awkward start when he switched Ariados to Forretress leaving Magneton to Swift it out, Magneton eventually won but it took a while. Crobat knocked Magnemite out but Ampharos took care of it, Electrode then finished off Ariados and Venomoth before Lanturn finally got a chance to knock out Muk.

Bruno - Not a good start, Magneton went down to two Digs from Hitmontop but Lanturn soon took it out, Onix went down to one Surf but Machamp knocked out Lanturn and Magneton. Ampharos eventually KO'd Machamp and Hitmonlee, but Electrode lost to Hitmonchan so Ampharos came back to win. Three Pokémon down so this was the toughest one yet.

Karen - This was much easier. Magneton took care of Umbreon and Vileplume, Houndoom went down to one Surf from Lanturn, Gengar and Murkrow then went down to Lanturn too for a KO free battle.

Lance - As you'd expect this was by far the most difficult as the electric moves meant nothing to his three Dragonites. Magneton knocked out Gyarados easily but fell to the L50 Dragonite, Ampharos came in to knock that Dragonite out but was KO'd for the first time ever against the second. Lanturn took that Dragonite out, but fell to the third Dragonite. Electrode saved the day with some Swifts to KO the last Dragonite, leaving Electrode against Aerodactyl and Charizard. Like the coward I am I ended up reviving and Full Restoring my three other Pokémon, Electrode did superbly to not get knocked out until they were all done though. Lanturn came out to finish off Aerodactyl, then Ampharos brought the championship home with one last Thunderpunch.

Now for the other 8 gyms as I continue my hunt for Raikou, not even seen it yet despite seeing Entei THREE TIMES.

TEAM

Ampharos - Level 51

Lanturn - Level 49

Magneton - Level 47

Electrode - Level 46