Cousin just bought a Flat screen TV

=BK=

And it looks like this now.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z103/kirklandbrian/IMG_03961_zps7d6a1088.jpg

Any help on fixing this? We've tried hooking it up different way and it always looks like this. It worked fine in the store.

Need a new cable maybe?

Turns out while I was gone to the store he smacked the shit out of it and it works now :mellow:

Just return the tv for a new one...if it didn't work, then suddenly does after being smacked, theres something wrong with it. Just leave out the "it worked after we hit it" thing though.

Not brand new. He bought it from a pawn shop and it worked fine there.

don't forget body parts

Is it a Plasma television?

If it's that, it was at the pawn shop probably because of this issue. It will work fine sometimes, and other times will do what you posted here.

I'm really not on good terms with the whole retail scene, and I hate my employer with a passion... but tv's should really be purchased brand new now, with extended warranty if possible. For what it's worth, I'm not a commission salesperson, and I don't even work in the home theatre department anymore. Most extended warranties now cover LED bulb outage and plasma tv's that fuck up like this.

Yeah this was at the pawn shop because the previous owner had to hit it from time to time in order to get it to work. Your cousin can always take it back to a pawn shop. A problem with flat-screen TVs is there really is not a good pre-owned market for them. Everybody has been switching over to them in the past few years and haven't yet been getting rid of them for newer flat-screen TVs.

We took it back today and they gave him another. New one works great.