Steam Summer Sale 2014

Benji

• Worth: $214.88

• Games owned: 15

• Hours spent: 249.5h

No unplayed games since my library is so small. Half of my hours spent is taken up by Borderlands 2.

Edited by Vitamin E

Anyone played Last Remnant on PC? I've wanted it for ages but have been put off by a friend of mine who said it was terrible, he pretty much exclusively plays JRPGs too, so I have every reason to trust him.

How bad can it be for £2.71 though? Or potentially less.

Anyone played Last Remnant on PC? I've wanted it for ages but have been put off by a friend of mine who said it was terrible, he pretty much exclusively plays JRPGs too, so I have every reason to trust him.

Its sort of middle of the road as far as those types of games go.

I played it about halfway through, then somehow lost all my saves for most of my games on Steam, and didnt feel like starting over.

might buy Binding of Isaac... only £1 at the moment and has cards so I can possibly make about... half of that money back, but I probably won't ever even play it... what's the game actually like?

guys, just a heads up... Infestation: Survivor Stories is War Z, so I'd recommend you don't buy it... sure, buy it if you want, but looking at the reviews... I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

It's OK like GM said. The story is completely nonsensical and the combat doesn't really live up to it's pretty awesome potential, but it's fun none-the-less.

Ahh, so I see The War Z has changed its name to try and trick people.

Actually, I think it was some sort of issue with TWZ and World War Z, but regardless, yeah, it's a skeezy move by the developer.

This. Their copyright, or trademark, whatever, application was rejected due to World War Z

Actually, I think it was some sort of issue with TWZ and World War Z, but regardless, yeah, it's a skeezy move by the developer.

This. Their copyright, or trademark, whatever, application was rejected due to World War Z

even so, their name isn't one bit similar to what is was before and it shows no indication of what the game previously was, doesn't mention it at all on the game's store page...

even so, their name isn't one bit similar to what is was before and it shows no indication of what the game previously was, doesn't mention it at all on the game's store page...

It does retain the 20/100 metascore rating at least :D

Given that their name was "The War Z" and the trademark that they ran into trouble with is "World War Z," the only thing they could have really kept from one name to the other is "The." Pretty much had to change to something completely different. And yeah, given the sort of press the game's had already, I think I'd try to get ahead of that whole thing, too.

Given that their name was "The War Z" and the trademark that they ran into trouble with is "World War Z," the only thing they could have really kept from one name to the other is "The." Pretty much had to change to something completely different. And yeah, given the sort of press the game's had already, I think I'd try to get ahead of that whole thing, too.

Eh, I guess that's true... but they could have mentioned the previous name on the store page though...

They had literally every reason not to do that. The only people that benefits are those who want to avoid the game because of bad scores, i.e., the kind of people they're trying to circumvent.

I mean, yeah, it's a shitty game, slightly shitty thing to do. I don't doubt that. But it sounds like most people are figuring out what's up so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I doubt that. Steam is a different animal than some core gamers key shop you only know because you are in deep. If there is some random zombie game on sale people will just check it out "because". I dident know untill i read it here for example, and i read blogs a lot.