EWBFL 25 (Online 360 Connected Careers)

DYSI

If you're an owner, you can go to salaries and filter by Cap Relief or something like that, it's the option before Cap Penalty. It will tell you how much you save or lose by cutting a player.

If you cut somebody with a signing bonus, you get penalized. The signing bonus gets divided between two seasons. If you cut someone with no signing bonus, you get all that money back.

Lets say you signed someone to a new 3 year contract with $15m ($5m/year) signing bonus, but decide to cut them. You have to pay the $15m split between two seasons, even though it was a 3 year contract. On the flip side... If you have someone on the last year of their 3 year contract, and it says he has a $15m signing bonus. You only have to pay $5m in cap penalty.

Hopefully that makes sense.

EDIT: Also, doesn't it say before you cut someone, "You will save $xx but have to pay $xxx in cap penalty?"

Edited by Disturbed

Usually we don't but I think for this first round of offers I will since their are some pretty high OVR players available. By Saturday I'll figure it out and let everyone know who out on their players. So if you want someone that's already been claimed/want someone and didn't claim him yet - get it in before tomorrow afternoon-ish.

If you cut somebody with a signing bonus, you get penalized. The signing bonus gets divided between two seasons. If you cut someone with no signing bonus, you get all that money back.

Lets say you signed someone to a new 3 year contract with $15m ($5m/year) signing bonus, but decide to cut them. You have to pay the $15m split between two seasons, even though it was a 3 year contract. On the flip side... If you have someone on the last year of their 3 year contract, and it says he has a $15m signing bonus. You only have to pay $5m in cap penalty.

Hopefully that makes sense.

EDIT: Also, doesn't it say before you cut someone, "You will save $xx but have to pay $xxx in cap penalty?"

Thanks. Yeah I knew the purpose of cap penalties, etc. just wasn't sure how to find them. Seems like I'm in decent shape, though. Only $500k in 2013 penalties and $600k in 2014 penalties. Felt like it was going to wind up being more since so many Niners players had signing bonuses and I had a lot of trimming to do to make it down to 53.

So I won my first game 42-38 because the Detroit WR dropped a TD pass on the last play of the game. So terrible :P

That's not a promising sign for my Lions :'(

Wasn't sure whether it accepts trades straight away or waits until we roll. Turns out it does it straight away, so Dallas has sent Ernie Sims to Seattle for Anthony McCoy.

I've also offered whoever is the 49ers Ryan Cook for Colt McCoy. Willing to throw Kyle Orton in or just swap Orton for McCoy if you're not interested in Cook.