The Tekken Thread

Benji

Which would instigate it's a mind/brain controlled action. Hence, Jin & Kazuya possibly have the power to turn into Devil at will - it's just possible that when Jin got shot, it confused his control on his powers maybe?

Again, Benji will destroy this theory, but ya never know.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually according to the storyline, devil is split between kazuya and jin so Jinpachi has nothing to do with devil. Jin's devil gene was actually activated when heihachi shot him in the head at the end of tekken 3.

Ah, but you need the devil gene to be able to use Ogre's powers, that is made clear, so if my belief that Jinpach is controlled by Ogre is right, then Jinpachi WOULD have the devil gene, if it was the devil, then Jinpachi still has to do with the devil.

I personally think that it must be dying that activates the devil gene in the family, Kazuya was thrown off the cliff - perhaps he died and then made the deal? Jin was shot - the devil was then activated. Jinpachi was already dead - he was controlled by a devil oriented power.

Actually according to the storyline, devil is split between kazuya and jin so Jinpachi has nothing to do with devil. Jin's devil gene was actually activated when heihachi shot him in the head at the end of tekken 3.

Ah, but you need the devil gene to be able to use Ogre's powers, that is made clear, so if my belief that Jinpach is controlled by Ogre is right, then Jinpachi WOULD have the devil gene, if it was the devil, then Jinpachi still has to do with the devil.

I personally think that it must be dying that activates the devil gene in the family, Kazuya was thrown off the cliff - perhaps he died and then made the deal? Jin was shot - the devil was then activated. Jinpachi was already dead - he was controlled by a devil oriented power.

Jinpachi can't be controlled by Ogre because Ogre was killed by Jin. Anyway, devil was split in half between kazuya and jin so jinpachi's possession can't have anything to do with devil.

Paul also defeated Ogre, but he came back, besides, he's a super being, he is still alive, or have you not played Devil Within? If not, I just spoiled it all for those who have not played :shifty:

As for the activation, it could be that death or near death has something to do with it but in kazuya's case, he had to make a deal with devil before he got the gene.

Yes, this is my point though, the comments about the 'cursed bloodline' all throughout, perhaps by making that deal with the Devil, Kazuya cursed his entire family to take that gene too?

I think Jinpachi is just possessed by some sort of Demon, not devil.

... Ogre... how many times have I said this :huh:

The devil gene in the mishima family starts with kazuya after he made his deal with devil.

See my second comment.

Jinpachi can't be controlled by Ogre because Ogre was killed by Jin. Anyway, devil was split in half between kazuya and jin so jinpachi's possession can't have anything to do with devil.

Paul also defeated Ogre, but he came back, besides, he's a super being, he is still alive, or have you not played Devil Within? If not, I just spoiled it all for those who have not played :shifty:

I wouldn't read too much about Devil Within. It's really not a part of the main story.

Yes, it is.

I don't see how it could have cursed his entire family since devil has only really interacted with kazuya and jin.

I've stated, it cursed his entire family but for the gene to be active, one has to die.

There is no scrap of evidence to even believe ogre might have any influence on jinpachi.

Except for the fact he takes a form that bears large resemblance to Ogre and he uses VERY similar moves to Ogre (especially from Devil Within) and he's possessed by a demon that is unexplained otherwise you mean? <_<

The cursed bloodline doesn't have to include the entire mishima bloodline. Most likely it's referring to kazuya onward. Also, why would devil want to split his power into all of the current mishimas? The more he is split, the less powerful he is. So it makes no sense for all of the mishima's to have the devil gene. Also it can't be the entire bloodline since heihachi found out that his own genome lacked the devil gene.

Hei's isn't active because he hasn't died, but he doesn't know that's what is needed. He split his power I'd assume because he thought Kazuya was dead proper after having been thrown into the volcano, when Kazuya was brought back he already had Jin's body, so now he uses Jin as a vessel while Kazuya can now use the devil power without the devil himself, therefore he technically is no longer controlled by Devil, but Jin is, and Jinpachi meanwhile is controlled by Ogre, who uses a form of devil power but is not the devil in itself.

We clear? Got it? Yup.

Edited by Benjirino~!

See, I'm arguing with actual storyline, you're arguing with what ifs and what you think might explain.

It's called fanon, and a lot of what you've argued isn't storyline, it's fanon too.

Also, Jinpachi does not look like ogre, doesn't not play like ogre. There is no reason to believe ogre is connected with jinpachi.

Seriously, have you even seen Ogre and Jinpachi before?

As for devil within, I doubt you will ever see anything about it mentioned in a tekken storyline. All devil within is a little bonus adventure mode. The main story never mentions jin going to a place like where you are in devil with in.

It took place before Tekken 5, it's alluded to in Jin's T5 writeup IIRC.

Bottom line: I care more about the gameplay of the game then the story. I'm done arguing about the story.

If you wish to talk gameplay, I'll respond

Good, I've seen you bitching in here and in the poker thread and I wish you'd go away. So if you do respond, expect a warning for going against your word (Y)

out of curiousity, this has nothing to do with the story, wouldn't giving me a warning for arguing about the story even though I said I wouldn't anymore be an abuse of your powers? What rule would I have broken to deserve a warnining?

edit: and by the way, I'm not bitching, I just tell things the way I see them.

Edited by kale

out of curiousity, this has nothing to do with the story, wouldn't giving me a warning for arguing about the story even though I said I wouldn't anymore be an abuse of your powers? What rule would I have broken to deserve a warnining?

edit: and by the way, I'm not bitching, I just tell things the way I see them.

I really wouldn't care because you weren't even trying to concevive what I was saying, you were just blasting them, while I tried to find reasoning behind your arguments. I don't mind arguing, but when people aren't open to taking on ideas there's not even any point, and that's the only way to stop it. Believe me, staff have got away with far less than that and I'd have no qualms if you kept arguing without being more open minded.

I'm too lazy to look to see if this has been covered, but am I correct in assuming these are the winners of the first two tournaments?

KOIFT: Kazuya

KOIFT II: Heihachi

I'm not sure about the third tournament. I know that Paul THOUGHT he won and then rode off, but at Tekken Zaibatsu it says the tournament continued. How could the tournament have continued when Paul and Ogre were the last two and then Paul rode off? Could it be that True Ogre won by default because Paul didn't show up? I know that Jin and True Ogre fought, but would it have counted towards the tournament seeing as how Jin must have been eliminated already for Paul vs. Ogre to have been the "final"?

Similarly, I'm not sure about Tekken 4. The Zaibatsu says that Jin fought Kazuya and then Heihachi AFTER the tournament, but doesn't say they fought DURING the tournament. In Hwoarang's bio it says that he got taken away by the Korean military/cops/something or other before he could meet Jin in the final. The impression I got from that was that Jin won by default because Hwoarang didn't show up.

Lastly, does anybody know who won the 5th tournament, or will that not be revealed until #6 hits the shelves?

King of Iron Fist 1: Kazuya clear winner

King of Iron Fist 2: Heihachi clear winner

King of Iron Fist 3: Paul defeated Ogre, believing himself to have won he left, Jin had lost to him, so he fought True Ogre instead and was declared winner

King of Iron Fist 4: Heihachi beat Kazuya in the final, they and Jin fought under Honmaru, Jin won, but Heihachi was the official winner

King of Iron Fist 5: Unconfirmed until Tekken 6

Just wondering, is there any indication what the tournament format in Tekken is? Is it just knockout stages, or are there round robins and suchlike?

There is no real indication, one would assume it's similar to the film, first to the 'finish line'. It's all down to personal preference, for all we know there could be fighters in the tournament who aren't mentioned and are nobodies that your opponents go through.

I don't know whether it's round robin or single elimination but if you remember in kazuya's story in t4, it says that kazuya's opponent for the last round before the finals didn't show up (jin) and he could move onto the finals. So it seems like there are rounds in which you have to fight a specific person.

I don't know whether it's round robin or single elimination but if you remember in kazuya's story in t4, it says that kazuya's opponent for the last round before the finals didn't show up (jin) and he could move onto the finals. So it seems like there are rounds in which you have to fight a specific person.

I kind of assumed that was simply the "Final" to decide who will fight the Grand Final Champion, but as we both stated, it's never made completely clear.

Edited by Benjirino~!