The Tekken Thread

Benji

Regarding the DOA series, I'm mad that its X-Box exclusive. I have DOA2 Hardcore for my PS2, though.

That game is pretty cool, because all of the characters have mega-cheap moves. Not just a few of them. But Gen Fu tends to be MEGA-cheap and Kasumi and Hayabusa are a pain in tag mode, if you're playing against the computer.

I usually play as Bayman and Tina if I play in tag mode, for one reason: One of their team moves is....*Joey Styles scream*TOTAL ELIMINATION!!!!*

But if I play solo, I usually use Bass, Bayman or Helena.

DOA is a game that I'd only play if I wanted to fuck around. The game is not good for tournament/competitive play.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, Asuka is Jin's cousin most likely since Jun only gave birth to Jin.

We have a winner - Asuka is Jun's cousin. She's also the first character in a fighting game to hail from the Kansai region of Japan (which is the region of Kobe, Osaka & Kyoto).

Not actually knowing anything about her, Asuka gains several overness points in my eyes. Purely because I personally mark out for characters from the Kansai region...if only because it's 'home' to some of the coolest anime characters (Mitsune 'Kitsune' Konno; Ayumu 'Osaka' Kasuga; Touji Suzahara; and others).

I seriously doubt a legit world championship tourney was won by paul in TTT. He is so bad in TTT it's not even funny. Deathfist is the only good attack he has in TTT.

Maybe he'd been on websites studying. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but you really need to pull your head out of your ass, maybe then you can see what kind of an asshole you're being. The only thing that's come off in this thread, isn't that you're a great Tekken player, it's that you've got a bitch of an attitude and you think that you're always right.

Person A (Sorry can't remember who said it) : If you have a good strategy guide you can kick peoples asses

You : No, strategy guides suck. You need websites.

Seriously, what do people who write on websites know which those who produce strategy guides don't?

And the way you pulled out a list of names and then telling Numbah's is he trying to get on your nerves. It's the fact you shot him down straight away, pulling out a list of names, once again trying to prove, oh i'm better than you.

And if these "websites" give all this information what's the point. I want he freedom to decide when to apply certain attacks etc. I don't want to follow instructions from a website about what attacks to use when, it's taking away the freedom, and to be hoenst I wouldn't find that fun at all.

Maybe i'm over-reacting, but this thread has turned from a talk about Tekken, to a "Kale is better than you thread". You mightn't have said it, but it's their in your demenour and the way you've acted in the thread.

eugh.

Tekken Tag Tourney wasn't part of the storyline, nobody won. Oh and Paul won Tekken 3 by defeating Ogre, but he left early and didn't realise True Ogre was around, Jin beat that and therefore 'officially' won the tournament.

Does that spelling of officially look wrong to anyone else?

*yawn*

People still play fighters? Man, they went out back in the day. Mortal Kombat 2 was/is the best.

Raiden and Sub Zero > *

As for Tekken, I'm all about King, Armor King, Eddy, and Tiger mofuckin' Jones baby! I don't play that much, just Tekken Tag at home from time to time, fighters bore me now.

Now, the Madden Tourney scene, thats where its at, if they would make rules against the cheesers.

For the record, I never said that the world championship was played using TTT. I said I thought it was played using Tekken 3. (Possibly 4.....)

TTT wouldn't be a real test of skill, anyway, since you could just keep switching back and forth between characters and using their double-team moves, if the two characters have any.

Dude, I haven't played Tekken in like 6 months, and I'm not really that into it, so it dosen't really matter ;)

You kids run along and play now, I'm gonna go play NCAA.

There is no excuse for calling the funkiest fictional character in videogame history by the wrong name! His afro allows people with afro's to forget they look like Kandiman...

Where the feck is the Kandi/'Fro smiley? :crying:

For the record, I never said that the world championship was played using TTT. I said I thought it was played using Tekken 3. (Possibly 4.....)

TTT wouldn't be a real test of skill, anyway, since you could just keep switching back and forth between characters and using their double-team moves, if the two characters have any.

Whoever said Steve Fox sucks hit the nail right on the head. I don't mind him being a boxer, but since he has no kick attacks and dresses really lame, he sucks.

Its easy as sin to dodge most of his attacks, and he should have been given a throw or two, or even the ability to clinch like a real boxer, to make up for having no kicks.

Btw, did anyone get killed off in Tekken 4? (I rarely played 4, compared to TTT and Tekkens 1-3)

And I plan on getting Tekken 4 for my PS2 as soon as I can find a decent joystick controller for it. The only one my local Gamestop had was a cheap piece of junk I wouldn't even consider buying.

Apparently I missed the part where you said it was held using Tekken 3. Whoops, sorry about that. That makes a big difference actually. Paul is a lot better in T3 then he is in Tag. Same goes for Paul in T4.

1) How would it not be a real test of skill? There is tons of skill involved with Tag.

2) The built in double team moves are almost never used.

3) The whole point of tag is to be able to switch in and out with your characters so I don't see how that takes away from the skill of the game.

Whoever said Steve Fox sucks hit the nail right on the head. I don't mind him being a boxer, but since he has no kick attacks and dresses really lame, he sucks.

Its easy as sin to dodge most of his attacks, and he should have been given a throw or two, or even the ability to clinch like a real boxer, to make up for having no kicks.

Btw, did anyone get killed off in Tekken 4? (I rarely played 4, compared to TTT and Tekkens 1-3)

And I plan on getting Tekken 4 for my PS2 as soon as I can find a decent joystick controller for it. The only one my local Gamestop had was a cheap piece of junk I wouldn't even consider buying.

Apparently I missed the part where you said it was held using Tekken 3. Whoops, sorry about that. That makes a big difference actually. Paul is a lot better in T3 then he is in Tag. Same goes for Paul in T4.

1) How would it not be a real test of skill? There is tons of skill involved with Tag.

2) The built in double team moves are almost never used.

3) The whole point of tag is to be able to switch in and out with your characters so I don't see how that takes away from the skill of the game.