The PS4 thread

9 to 5

11 hours ago, Benji said:

Anyone up for playing in the clan mode or whatever it's called of Worms Battleground this weekend?

Man, if it wasn't $24.99, I would probably throw down.  The few games I was able to play on 360 were tremendous.

Edit:  BOOM!  Flash Sale has it down to $6.24 for the weekend.  Sold!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 06:57, Baddar said:

Got Far Cry Primal pre downloading so that I can play it tomorrow at midnight. Looking forward to giving it a go!

Everything I have read and seen tells me that if you dug 3 & 4, this one's just as solid.  Hell yeah, uprooting a tribe and stabbing mammoths!

Played some Street Fighter V over the weekend.  The roster seems small at first (16) and a lot of the characters are quarter-circle focused (down-to-forward, etc.), but the stats/styles are what makes everyone fun to play as.  Plus Birdie's worth a few laughs.  "Story" is a joke as of right now (three easy one-round fights with some graphic novel-style scenes between), but decent for easy trophy hunting and some chuckles.  Really digging Karin, Birdie and Rashid, though I can see how F.A.N.G. could wreck some shops with his poison/anti-air abilities.  Bison seems to be top tier thus far, too.

***Not worth $60, though.  Wait until at least the online kinks are worked out.***  If I was drunk enough, I'd throw $40 on it before DLC, but not before I get my mitts on Smash and its DLC again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

LittleBigPlanet 3 is on sale for £8 on the store; anyone know if it's worth getting?

...eh?  I mean, I have a soft spot for LBP2 despite it being deceptively difficult, but LBP3 just never grabbed me.  Creation tools are very obtuse, multiplayer is okay but the whole game seems like it was quickly overshadowed and proven inferior mechanically.

Btw, that's an EU deal for those wondering.  Still $20 in NA.

• Like 1

What did people think of Until Dawn?  It was on sale for $24 so I downloaded it.  After about 2 hours or so I'm really liking it.  Reminds me of HEavy Rain

5 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I loved it. I finished it in like a day and a half because I didn't want to put it down. 

How replayable is it?  Do the choices alter the story much?  How much is effects if I don't find those totem things?

5 hours ago, Lint said:

What did people think of Until Dawn?  It was on sale for $24 so I downloaded it.  After about 2 hours or so I'm really liking it.  Reminds me of HEavy Rain

I really liked it, it's a very self aware horror game without falling into campness. The decisions don't change a ton of stuff, but they change enough to make it feel like your version of the game. For £24 it's worth it.

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

AFAIK, not finding the totems doesn't change things, but decisions along the way and failing the quick time events will change things up.

One of the set of collectibles does affect an ending, but it's not the totems, just FYI.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Benji said:

I really liked it, it's a very self aware horror game without falling into campness. The decisions don't change a ton of stuff, but they change enough to make it feel like your version of the game. For £24 it's worth it.

One of the set of collectibles does affect an ending, but it's not the totems, just FYI.

If you're on about what I think you are, you don't even need a set, you literally need one collectible.