EWR 2013 Stats Update: December ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

I'm in no way attempting to start a Holy War, but what reasoning do you have for all those raises and lowers? I mean, you want to raise AJ's overness, but he's not even been on TV for a month (or longer?).

Again, I'm not attacking you. Just curious how you came up with those numbers.

I'm in no way attempting to start a Holy War, but what reasoning do you have for all those raises and lowers? I mean, you want to raise AJ's overness, but he's not even been on TV for a month (or longer?).

Because I barely see suggestions for 3/4 of the people I suggested, I've said to raise AJ's Overness to 90 2 or 3 months in a row now, and the other ones are workers people generally don't care about and just don't edit for 6 months so I thought I'd suggest changes to them, half of the changes are by 1 or 2 anyway so it's nothing major

Because I barely see suggestions for 3/4 of the people I suggested, I've said to raise AJ's Overness to 90 2 or 3 months in a row now, and the other ones are workers people generally don't care about and just don't edit for 6 months so I thought I'd suggest changes to them, half of the changes are by 1 or 2 anyway so it's nothing major

Can I please ask then, what's the point of changing them by 1 or 2?

Can I please ask then, what's the point of changing them by 1 or 2?

I've gotta agree. There are a few decent cases for changes in your list Modest (most notably with the likes of Sin Cara or Magnus), but I don't really see a point in raising one's overness by 1-2 points. Nothing really changes with a down/uptick that small.

I still think the following applies. If a surprise assault angle counts as mysterious the Shield are mysterious, the Nexus were mysterious, half the heels who've debuted to the main roster are.

Deciding a gimmick based on a debut is always going to be ropy unless its a clear 'Brodus Clay - Fun Babyface' thing. The number of heels debuting with unseen assaults would result in far too many mysterious folk running around.

The Shield were mercenaries with no clear reason.

The Nexus were pretty much angry young men who were put through crap in NXT for the contract.

Crowe is a hacker. There is no best fit gimmick for him.

The Shield weren't revealed as mercenaries until months after their debut, and even their role as righting injustice wasn't revealed until after the 'mysterious' assault of their debut.

Ditto Nexus, no details until the week after their mysterious attack on Punk and Cena. Hell, we still never found out their mysterious higher purpose...

Guys after all the effort he has put into the updates over the years you really should treat him with more respect, while yes we pay for the site to stay active, he puts in hard work to get updates out for people to play a upto date data for EWR and he deserves credit and respect, if you think you can do a better job offer to take over and donate your donators status to TheWho and see how long you last?

The reason most of us come here is to have good discussions and have a laugh, that includes poking fun at people for saying silly things. The thing is that that happens in every part of the board (save for a few threads where it simply wouldn't be appropriate) but the only thing is, when it happens in the TEWR section then all of a sudden non-Donators develop some sort of paranoia complex (probably because they don't frequent other areas of the boards) that they're being victimised. They're not. You say something stupid, you'll get people queueing to take the piss, that's what makes this place fun.

I have to agree with this. I certainly was one of those non-Donators who thought it was a bit of a clique for a while but after looking at other parts of the board (esp. The Ring) I think everyone who feels the same way I used to will find what Matt said here is entirely true. I mean, look at how much shit Lineker, Ruki and EddieG cop, it's nothing against people who don't donate, just the community. And after you get used to it, it's really a good thing because it seems to me people are more enabled to challenge something they disagree with when they say it's not a group vs. group situation.

Also please note that a single solitary page earlier Kirkland suggested 'Movie Star' as a gimmick for Goldust which I challenged and we resolved using the gimmick definitions as posted by a helpful non donator poster.

That's the nicest thing ever said to me on EWB :unsure:... but seriously, glad to know that kind of stuff is appreciated, thanks!

Back on-topic... (mainly so I can say I'm contributing too :shifty:)

Opinions in bold

I haven't watched much wrestling recently, so just take this as a relatively uninformed opinion.

Raise AJ Styles' Overness to 90

Raise Dixie Carter's Overness to 75?

Raise Kurt Angle's Overness to 91

I agree with these last two whole-heartedly. AJ I could go either way on, but I'm amazed that Kurt isn't up a little bit higher for someone who was well-known for so long, even if he is in TNA rather than WWE.

Raise Magnus Overness to 79

TNA Spoilers

Perhaps even higher given he's most likely going to be TNA's World Champion in the new year.

Lower Bret Hart's Overness to 93

Lower Hernandez's Overness to 72-73

Lower Joseph Park's Overness to 76-77

Lower Jack Swagger's Overness to 77-79

Lower Kane's Overness to 86

Lower Randy Orton's Overness to 93

Why? Bret is one of the most iconic wrestlers in recent history, and Orton and Kane certainly don't need to be dropped that low. Unless we're taking most TNA workers down a few points (see above on Kurt Angle and also in the other discussion topic) Hernandez deserves a bit more than that and for when he works as Abyss, Joseph Park should probably still be in the 80s. Jack Swagger has been a fairly big deal in the recent past, unless he's really getting buried I'd say that's a bit too low for him as well.

Raise Ezekiel Jackson's Overness to 65-68

Raise the current Sin Cara's Overness to 76

Again, why? The new Sin Cara is apparently not permanent from what I've heard, and Hunico is nowhere near that well known. Has Ezekiel Jackson done anything recently to deserve an increase?

Edited by Hornswoggle4PM
  • Like 1

I cba to quote everything so I'll just reply to it all here.

On being raised/lowered by 1/2, isn't the aim of this topic to come up with the most accurate database each month? Bret Hart has been 94 for months now and I don't think he is as over with the current fans as he was 6 or so months ago, his reactions are no where near what they used to be when he used to appear every couple of months, same with all the other "legends" I suggested.

And if I think someone deserves an upgrade/degrade but not by much I suggest it by 1 or 2, if I suggested it by 3/4/5/6 people wouldn't agree.

Regarding Magnus

He already is the World Champion it's just not aired yet, I think he was 78 around 2-3 months ago because fans started to get behind him, since then he has dropped to around 76-77 but no one suggested it and it wasn't changed, so me saying upgrade to 79 is basically giving him a 2-3 Overness upgrade that wasn't changed from before, instead of just 1

Hernandez has been 74 for a lot of months now since him and Chavo don't tag anymore, and I just think fans don't care about him at all than 4-8 months ago, so I felt like he deserved to be lowered.

Joseph Park has been late 70's for a long time also, and his character is no where near as over as it used to be, the old Abyss would be early 80's, when Abyss makes appearances now the reactions are quite poor so I would say as Abyss 78-79 Overness as Parks 76-77 Overness.

Unless Swagger gets solid reactions on Smackdown, I don't think he should be above 80, I think Antonio Cesaro should be atleast 3 or 4 above him

and I think Colter should be 2 or 3 above him, which is why I suggested him to be 77-79.

Kane is a tough one but I don't see him being anywhere near 90 anymore so that's why I said 86, maybe 87 would be better for him.

And Randy Orton deserved an overness boost when he first became champion but after the past few weeks it's become boring and the fans have become bored of him, so I thought he should be lowered by 1.

Sin Cara gets a much better reaction than he has been before the past few weeks, so regardless of which Sin Cara it is that get's the upgrade, one of them deserve it.

• Like 1

The thread is about getting the most accurate data - yeah, I'll agree with that. But changing something by 1-2 points is just tedium and I think that Bill's work is better served by a 4-5 drop or raise at LEAST when it comes down to it. The most important thing to get out of these threads are champion/alignment changes and things of that sort and some of this stuff slips through the cracks as mentioned before.

Perhaps to make it easier to decide whether a change is needed or not, the suggestion should be noted:

"Raise/lower ______'s _____ from __ to __"

And that way, it can be debated on a bit better?

And also making decisions based off one or two weeks of crowd reactions is just silly as well considering that you could be ultimately basing this off a hometown boo/cheer reaction or a crowd that just isn't as hot as a regular crowd.

• Like 1

Changes of such low magnitude are pointless when the first card you book, you put Kane in a segment and you get 'Kane gained 3 points of overness from this segment'.

• Like 7

Add Matt Knicks

Matt Knicks

Knicks
Lightweight
November - 23 years
American
http://southwestwrestlingfederation.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/matt-knicks.jpg

Brawl 65
Speed 65
Technical 47
Stiffness 40
Selling 57
Over 15
Charisma 35
Attitude 95
Behaviour 95
Speak: Yes
Opener,Tweener,None
Wage $3000

Finishers:Dropkick(Impact)Springboard Back Elbow(Corner)
Add Loyalties with Willie Richardson,Steve Boz and Mr.450

Add Tyler Priegel

Tyler Priegel

Dodgeball Superstar
Lightweight
July - 27 years
American
http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/EYdDmfUSReA/mqdefault.jpg

Brawl 55
Speed 45
Technical 77
Stiffness 69
Selling 88
Over 25
Charisma 45
Attitude 95
Behaviour 95
Speak: Yes
Opener,Tweener,None
Wage $5000

Finishers Slam Dunk(ITop Rope) 2x

AAA Spoilers from Guerra de Titanes 2013:

Perro Aguayo Jr. is once again heel and rejoined Perros del Mal.

Zorro turned heel.

Add Sexy Star back to AAA

La Sociedad reformed with Konnan, the returning Sexy Star, Zorro, Perros del Mal and El Consejo

Perros contains Perro Aguayo Jr., Psicosis, Taya Valakrie & Daga, Consejo contains Silver Kain, Texano Jr. and Hijo del Fantasma,

Remove Ricky Marvin from AAA, he pretty much left after a few shows with the company due to international commitments.

Yuriko has left AAA, he was replaced in the exotico and woman's escape cage match.

Titan's over should be at 58.

Raise Vangelis' charisma to 62.

Edited by mkpunk

I would like to discuss that Non-Wrestler-Question for:

Atsushi Onita und Big Van Vader

Onita was Non-Wrestler as he left Wrestling and started his political campaign. But since 2012 he had arround 40 Matches in Japan. He had that legendardy feuds with Akebono (before he became Triple Crown Champion) and so on. He wrestled for ZERO1 the last two years on a regular basis I think.

Big Van Vader also wrestled a lot of matches within the last 12 months. This month he had 3 Matches in the UK and in the Staates he is often involved in Wrestling Events in the New York / New Jersey Area. Vader is fully available for Independent Bookings and he is schedulded for Germany in April 2014.

Final Battle Notes:

Court Bauer should be added to ROH, he is handling marketing efforts now.

BJ Whitmer is back to wrestling, he was the mystery partner.

After the match he joined Jimmy Jacobs and Roderick Strong as a new stable The Decade.

Tomasso Ciampa is the new TV Champion.

Chris Hero is back and based on the angle should be added.

It looks like Outlaw Inc. will be heel going forward.

Raise Cena's Charisma to 100, he should be on par with Punk especially over the past month or two Punk has gotten worse and Cena has gotten better

I disagree, Cena has good promos when he is serious but Punk is good doing any type of promo.

TLC Spoilers

The new WWE Unified title is the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

Remove the World Heavyweight title and World Heavyweight Title Money in the Bank as titles.

Cena's promo on Raw was the greatest thing to happen since Punk winning the title, and I'm sure the only reason Punk has 100 Charisma is because of his shoot promo, which IMO Cena's recent promo was better.

2 Alter Egos from Chikara:

The Shard seems to be

John Silver

and The Estonian Thunderfrog is

Icarus

Also rumored that Jervis Cottonbelly is either a Student or

Vin Gerard

It seems that The Shard seems to be Confirmed, not sure about the others.

Do as you wish wih the information

Edited by Bunkhouse Buck
  • Like 1

Take Knuckles Madsen off of WWE's roster. http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/32455/WWE-Release-NXT-Developmental-Talent/

Change his name to Killer Nikels(It's the name he used before he was signed to WWE).

Edit: I would also breakup Tons Of Funk and turn Brodus Clay heel or atleast tweener.

Edited by fusionFX!