EWR 2013 Stats Update: December ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Kaney/another mod feel free to delete this if you want but it's what I posted in donators and I feel maybe it'll help people understand why there is this perceived clique (there isn't, we're all nice and friendly people most of the time... which is more noticeable in the more sociable sections of the board, admittedly) and why we're not being meanies like some think we are.

Guys after all the effort he has put into the updates over the years you really should treat him with more respect, while yes we pay for the site to stay active, he puts in hard work to get updates out for people to play a upto date data for EWR and he deserves credit and respect, if you think you can do a better job offer to take over and donate your donators status to TheWho and see how long you last?

I'm not entirely sure whether this is serious or not, I'm going to go and assume it is....

Firstly no one said they could or wanted to do a better job than Bill and none of the posts referred to are about Bill in the slightest.

Secondly the amount of fucks most of the more active members of the board give about EWR is minimal, this place is more of a general forum for a community of friends that happen to be (or have been) interested in wrestling, at this point the TEWR section is primarily there because it always has been (and because without it The Dome would be kinda redundant, I guess). The reason most of us come here is to have good discussions and have a laugh, that includes poking fun at people for saying silly things. The thing is that that happens in every part of the board (save for a few threads where it simply wouldn't be appropriate) but the only thing is, when it happens in the TEWR section then all of a sudden non-Donators develop some sort of paranoia complex (probably because they don't frequent other areas of the boards) that they're being victimised. They're not. You say something stupid, you'll get people queueing to take the piss, that's what makes this place fun. It doesn't matter whether you said that someone's EWR gimmick should be set to mysterious, that wrestlers ask each other to give them their Japan shit or that Gareth Bale is worth 100m.

You take that away from this place and it becomes nothing more than a place where people fall out over racism every other week and ask to rate your Ultimate Wrestle Fest of Doom 12 card. And to me that sounds boring as fuck.

Tl;dr I'd sooner we got rid of the EWR section than the spirit and atmosphere of this community and I think quite a lot of people would probably agree with me on that.

Fuck knows why that didn't paste the first time

Apologies again for going off topic, only posting since I appear to have been mentioned

I personally don’t have an "us vs. them" mentality in regards to donators, my problem is one person points out a mistake/issue with a joke then you have another 8-10 posts following with the same joke, and to argue "it’s all done for the sake of humour" go and take a comedian take one of their jokes then listen to that joke over and over and over 10 or more times, you will start to get annoyed by the joke and it has lost everything that made it funny because you know what’s coming. Then you look to who is posting these "jokes" and you see donator, donator, donator, donator, donator and it’s hard to see it as anything more than "they just come in here to take the piss" over one small section of a suggestion and they don’t bother to give their own suggestion they just add more shit to the joke. And then you have people who actually have reasonable comments and suggestions and they got lost in a pointless three page argument that could have easily been avoided without the idiots adding the fuel to the fire.

I will admit that I have on occasion fed these flames as well but I only do so to try and end the argument or to give a valid reason to either justify or debunk the criticism of the original subject but with this going on once or twice every month it gets annoying. You may see it all as "all fun and games" but these arguments quickly jump the shark and turn personal.

The EWR description for "geek" is

"This worker is a geek.

Example: ?"

So first of all, that's totally useless. On one hand, Crowe's tweeting in binary, yes. That's geeky. But on the other hand, geekiness tends to have a social stigma attached to it that I don't think fits the Crowe debut. He's meant to be menacing, a guy who somehow hacked into the lighting controls or something so he could show up, take out Kalisto, and then suddenly disappear. He's meant to be enigmatic, so boom, Mysterious gimmick.

• Like 1

Okay, so there's no in-game example for the "Geek" gimmick. Is there one for the "Mysterious" gimmick, and does that correspond to what we've seen of Solomon Crowe?

I still think the following applies. If a surprise assault angle counts as mysterious the Shield are mysterious, the Nexus were mysterious, half the heels who've debuted to the main roster are.

Deciding a gimmick based on a debut is always going to be ropy unless its a clear 'Brodus Clay - Fun Babyface' thing. The number of heels debuting with unseen assaults would result in far too many mysterious folk running around.

"This worker is an enigma who nobody knows much about.

Ex. 'Crow' Sting"

So, you know, a cryptic, gothic-looking guy who shows up out of nowhere and vanishes and whatnot, which is what Solomon Crowe seems to be doing.

EDIT: I wouldn't have called either The Nexus that and probably not The Shield, though I do agree that assigning gimmicks with so little to go on is rough waters.

• Like 1

I still think the following applies. If a surprise assault angle counts as mysterious the Shield are mysterious, the Nexus were mysterious, half the heels who've debuted to the main roster are.

Deciding a gimmick based on a debut is always going to be ropy unless its a clear 'Brodus Clay - Fun Babyface' thing. The number of heels debuting with unseen assaults would result in far too many mysterious folk running around.

The Shield were mercenaries with no clear reason.

The Nexus were pretty much angry young men who were put through crap in NXT for the contract.

Crowe is a hacker. There is no best fit gimmick for him.

It hasn't aired yet. Was that even a taping? There will probably be vignettes which will give us a better idea.

Edit: Here's the video. Possible spoilers for an upcoming episode of NXT.

The video with him and Kalisto seems to be from a live event, but NXT's put it up on their Tumblr.

I'm absolutely TIRED of the joke posts in this forum. Warnings all around if it continues from here on out. Donators, members - it doesn't matter. I've amended rules, given verbal warnings, but that's it! As well, Fusion, if you keep posting in the manner you have, your time on this board will be over. Enough is enough.

• Like 4

Raise AJ Styles' Overness to 90

Raise Bobby Roode's Overness to 88

Lower Bully Ray's Overness to 89

Lower Chavo Guerrero's Overness to 75-76

Christy Hemme should have the same or be one overness off Jeremy Borash

Raise Dixie Carter's Overness to 75?

Raise Ethan Carter III's Overness to 65

Raise Gail Kim's Overness to 71-72

Raise Gunner's Overness to 70-71

Lower Hernandez's Overness to 72-73

Raise Jay Bradley's Overness to 61-62

Lower James Storm's Overness to 83

Lower Jeff Hardy's Overness to 91

Raise Jessie Godderz's Overness to 65

Lower Joseph Park's Overness to 76-77

Lower Kenny King's Overness to 69-70

Raise Kurt Angle's Overness to 91

Raise Lei'D Tapa's Overness to 55-60

Raise Magnus Overness to 79

Raise Manik's Overness to 66-67

Lower Mr. Anderson's Overness to 80

Lower Rob Terry's Overness to 62-63

Raise Robbie E's Overness to 68-69

Raise Rockstar Spud's Overness to 45-55

Raise Sam Shaw's Overness to 40-50

Lower Samoa Joe's Overness to 84

Make Sonjay Dutt and Petey William's Overness the same or one off

Lower Zema Ion's Overness to 67

Lower AJ Lee's Overness to 81-82

Lower Alberto Del Rio's Overness to 87-88

Lower Antonio Cesaro's Overness to 83

Raise Big E Langston's Overness to 77-78

Lower Big Show's Overness to 92

Raise Brad Maddox's Overness to 75-77

Raise Bray Wyatt's Overness to 84

Lower Bret Hart's Overness to 93

Lower CM Punk's Overness to 96/97

Lower Cody Rhodes' Overness to 83-84

Lower Curtis Axel's Overness to 76

Lower Damian Sandow's Overness to 80

Raise Daniel Bryan's Overness to 96

Raise Darren Young's Overness to 76

Lower Dolph Ziggler's Overness to 86-87

Raise Erick Rowan and Luke Harper's Overness to 73-76

Lower Evan Bourne's Overness to 68-71

Raise Ezekiel Jackson's Overness to 65-68

Raise Fandango's Overness to 79

Raise Goldust's Overness to 84-85

Lower Jack Swagger's Overness to 77-79

Lower Jerry Lawler's Overness to 85-86

Raise Jimmy & Jey Uso's Overness to 77-80

Lower Justin Gabriel's Overness to 70

Lower Kaitlyn's Overness to 74

Lower Kane's Overness to 86

Lower Kevin Nash's Overness to 86-87

Lower Kofi Kingston's Overness to 79

Lower Mark Henry's Overness to 89

Lower Mr. McMahon's Overness to 95

Lower Paul Heyman's Overness to 87

Lower Randy Orton's Overness to 93

Raise Renee Young's Overness to 60-65

Lower Ric Flair's Overness to 95

Make Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose the same Overness with Seth Rollins 2 Overness lower.

Lower R-Truth's Overness to 80

Lower Ryback's Overness to 86-87

Raise Santino Marella's Overness to 79-80

Lower Shawn Michael's Overness to 96

Lower Sheamus' Overness to 88-89

Raise the current Sin Cara's Overness to 76

Raise Stephanie McMahon's Overness to 89-90

Raise Titus O'Neill's Overness to 76-77

Lower Trish Stratus' Overness to 84

Raise Tyson Kidd's Overness to 70-72

Lower Vickie Guerrero's Overness to 87

Lower Wade Barrett's Overness to 82-83