Games that stand the test of time

Liam

Sim Theme Park. Started playing it on the computer again, and it was bloody fantastic.

Man, I really miss my PS1 :(

What happened to it? They're super cheap now.

Gave it to my cousin like a decade ago, and now I have no idea where it is. Some landfill, probably.

And yeah, posting that actually made me think to get a PS1 again, just to play stuff like FF7, Legend of Dragoon (favourite RPG ever) and maybe like Wipeout or something.

I haven't played it in years, but I think Tony Hawk Pro Skater would still be awesome. It was always fun just doing a head to head match against a friend, trying to get the most points in two minutes. I had a ton of fun with that and could imagine it'd still kick ass.

Also, Bushido Blade 2. I miss that game, that was another one my buddy and I spent a lot of time with.

I haven't played it in years, but I think Tony Hawk Pro Skater would still be awesome. It was always fun just doing a head to head match against a friend, trying to get the most points in two minutes. I had a ton of fun with that and could imagine it'd still kick ass.

Also, Bushido Blade 2. I miss that game, that was another one my buddy and I spent a lot of time with.

Funnily enough, THPS 2 actually holds up better than the HD remake. >_>

• Like 1

Recently been playing a few N64 games already mentioned, like No Mercy and Banjo-Kazooie. Also the first Tony Hawk Pro Skater game, quite basic in many ways but still can be a lot of fun.

Am I the only person who thinks that, at least graphics-wise, the AKI games aged very poorly? Everything looks so blocky and as much as I try I can't get into a game where Chris Jericho or Rey Mysterio have the same muscular build as a Hulk Hogan or Kevin Nash. I know they tried to make it look better with No Mercy but in my opinion that looked even worse.

Obviously it's nowhere near as good as recent games, but I disagree with No Mercy being worse graphics-wise than any of the ones before it. I've played one of the WCW AKI games and No Mercy does look a fair bit better and much less 'blocky' to me. The graphics aren't really what you'd play it for obviously, but a few things they do like the pyro for entrances and Kane's celebration after he wins do look pretty good in comparison.

The couple of things that do bother me with it are that the AI never knows how to do a royal rumble or submission match properly and that it gets extremely unbalanced when there are super-heavyweights in a fight.

As far as games not already mentioned as far as I can see...

On NES - Mike Tyson's Punch Out! Why has no one mentioned this? Never beat Mike Tyson, OP as shit.

On SNES - Super Punch Out! Haha, I liked this one better just because I was better at it.

There's also Mario Kart on SNES, absolute classic, also I really enjoyed SNES Street Fighter II.

On PC, does anyone play 4X games? Masters of Orion II is still one of my favourite games of all time, and for me the best in the genre. nearly 20 years later!

Edited by snakesonaplane