NCAA Football 2014 Thread

Just seen on Twitter that a running back has 369 yards for the day so far, the hell?

Melvin Gordon broke the single game record with 408 yards rushing today for Wisconsin. He's over 1900 yards this year now and is the clear Heisman favorite I'd say.

Samaje Perine of Oklahoma just broke it. True freshman too.

I will say this. I think Marshall is hurt by their location. If they were out west, they'd have an easier time getting games.

My perception might be skewed because of my fandom for UCLA, as well. No one can accuse the Bruins of ducking anyone. That extends to USC, and a large percentage of the PAC-12, as well.

He's the best Bruin QB in recent history, but he's not irreplaceable. It's going to hurt, but they've recruited well enough that they should still be a top 10 team without him. The defense is young and improving, and I'm more concerned about Mora staying, to be honest, since I expected Hundley to be gone after this season.

Like DMN, i'd be more worried about Mora and if the Defense keeps working towards its potential. I mean A&M has a young and talented D as well, but uh ... yeah. While the Bruins did just get a very strong commit at DE, they recruiting is offense heavy, AGAIN. It's one thing to get a few solid/potential stars on the Defensive side but what's kept UCLA from truly getting back to top billing has been their depth. Looking at the recruiting ... seems that the depth on the D side still isn't being addressed like it needs to be.

Taking a bigger picture look at it, and it seems that they need that ONE 'fuck yeah' recruit to sign to open the gates back up, or someone (Mora) within the system needs to do something to get the kids coming out of HS to buy into the fact that they are on the right path to getting top billing again.

- EDIT ... and looking over this incoming class, they're ranked 16th with 16 commits .... and sitting right above LSU/Oregon but taking a completely objective look at it, there's a difference in the lists of the three schools. Same with Oklahoma who is ranked 21st with the same amount of recruits.

Just seen on Twitter that a running back has 369 yards for the day so far, the hell?

Melvin Gordon broke the single game record with 408 yards rushing today for Wisconsin. He's over 1900 yards this year now and is the clear Heisman favorite I'd say.

Samaje Perine of Oklahoma just broke it. True freshman too.

I almost feel bad for both guys. Gordon because he broke a 15 year record and barely had time to enjoy it, and Perine because rather than it being a huge deal it's more of a "lol wow it happened again".

It was the same thing last year. A guy from my alma mater (wooooo WCSU) broke the single game rushing record for all of college football. Division III yes, but still a record. It was broken like a week or two later. Weird how pretty much the same thing happened again at the Division I level.

• Like 1

Even we beat Stanford...

And now for everyone's favorite time of the week:

Meac's Weekly Picks, where I'm guaranteed to get only one wrong.

I'm playing two NFL games this week, so I only have three college games. They are Cincy over Temple by 6, Washington over Washington State by 4, and Auburn being within 10 of Alabama.

And there goes Mississippi State's season. TCU or Ohio State for the 4th seed. Would seem to be nearly impossible for a second SEC to get in at this point.

If Bama loses the Iron Bowl it would be utterly hilarious if the SEC is totally left out of the playoffs but there's no way the committee will do that.