NCAA Football 2014 Thread

So much lack of urgency at the end there, goodness me.

So none of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, or Mississippi State won this bowl season. Aren't the SEC glad they still have Georgia, Missouri, and Arkansas to keep them from looking like a complete joke this post-season.

Of the "Power 5" only the Pac-12 has done remarkably well. That should tell you everything you need to know about who I'm picking on Jan. 12.

Tennessee's first bowl win in 7 years! :D

Yes, the score was 45-28, but it could have been worse for Iowa. There were a couple of drives where the Volunteers intentionally ran down the clock instead of trying to score, and that last Iowa TD was pretty much a gift.

And I'm glad both Alabama and Florida State lost. Because fuck Alabama, and especially fuck Alabama as long as Lane Kiffin is on their staff. Rolled Turd. And fuck Jameis Winston.

(I want Oregon to win the championship. Didn't like Urban Meyer when he was coaching Florida, and don't like him any better with Ohio State.)

• Like 1

Also there were some big happenings today in the Birmingham Bowl. I know you're probably thinking "what the hell there's a Birmingham Bowl?" However it had the artist formerly known as the Florida Gators against East Carolina in a "this would be great for their bowl resume" game for both schools.

First off, a big run occurred when Adam Lane Jr. scored a TD from 2 yards out. Somewhere on this drive he took the running a little too literally and shit himself.

yum00bqaigrn7fmhojhj.jpg

Second off, there was some truly inspiring camerawork from ESPN towards the end of the game.

10424338_10155011254510072_2405246530059

College football is the best.

Going to be an interesting "free agent" period this offseason. Braxton Miller was a medical redshirt this year so he still has a year left of eligibility, and he's planning on finishing his undergrad degree in May. That makes him eligible to transfer anywhere to work on his Masters and play one more season. He pretty much has to do it if he wants to put himself back on the NFL maps.

Similarly, Everett Golson might be leaving Notre Dame which prompted rumors of LSU as a destination after Zaire started the bowl game against them.

Golson tweeted "Don't believe everything you hear", but usually where there is smoke, there is fire. I doubt somebody just randomly decided to start a rumor about him showing interest in LSU.

It's so frustrating that between Gunner Kiel and now Everett, that as soon as it's evident that there is competition at the quarterback position, someone takes off. That said, Golson will graduate in May, so if he wants to spend a year in grad school somewhere else, more power to him. I think he has a better chance to show off for the NFL in a system that he's spent the last four years learning, but more power to him. It's just going to suck having another inexperienced redshirt freshman as our #2 again next year.