Out Of The Park Baseball 15

HeyThereVelvet

And man, as an aside on my game, the Twins have become world beaters all of a sudden in June after two months of slightly below .500 ball. Even with Mauer down with a fractured foot, they've won 17 of their last 19. Trevor Plouffe has been been Superman, homering four times in the past five games. Two of those being walk-offs and another that sent the game to extra innings.

Probably steroids.

I started a game as the 2005 Mets, the first year of the Omar Minaya era. The game recommended that I not generate fake minor leaguers, so I didn't. I assumed teams would still have their top prospects, but came to find that the only prospects in the game were guys who debuted during the 2005 season. So from a Mets standpoint, that means Lastings Milledge (still love that name) or Carlos Gomez never existed.

No team had more than 40 players. Basically everybody's roster is just guys who played for their respective team in 2005, whether they be prospect or veteran. So nobody will really have any organizational depth until a few drafts in. I believe I have it set up so real life players will enter the league in the year they were drafted.

My personal policy is to never offer the CPU a ridiculous trade to try and fleece them...but if the CPU offers me one I will take it, GMs make dumb decisions sometimes of course. 2 weeks into January, and the Phillies emailed me asking

for backup catcher Ramon Castro in exchange for the not yet established Ryan Howard. Somehow I think he's an upgrade to Doug Mientkiewicz.

Think I jinxed the hot streak by posting about it on here. Team went back to their mediocre ways. Setting at .500 at the deadline, so I just decided to blow it up rather than compete in vain for a wildcard spot. The Phillies are leading the NL and in 'Win Now' mode, so I swung a deal where they take those dumb Phil Hughes and Ricky Nolasco contracts off of my hands, with me giving them Oswaldo Arcia (talented young RF) and a middle-of-the-road SP prospect to sweeten the deal. In return, I get a pretty good catcher prospect and a decent but nothing special outfielder prospect. Not a very realistic deal real-life wise(and I'm a stickler for realism), but I'm rationalizing it since they want to win right now and their rotation is pretty meh. The Dodgers/Red Sox deal from a few years ago comes to mind. Arcia has four star potential, so they're clearly winning the trade talent-wise, however he's a small price to pay in order to save the team millions of dollars in contracts over the next four years.

Edit: Threw in some cash and took Ronny Cedeno( batting .071) and another dude so they could at least dump a few ML minimum deals off in the trade.

I'm buying the game tonight, very much looking forward to this purchase. The Show didn't show up today (opted against just downloading it online), so I've got a bit of time until Monday for some baseball.

I just bought it a few hours ago, started a season and played a game with the Jays. Lost 4-2. Dickey got hurt in the 2nd inning, was pitching shitty but surviving. We were up early but couldn't get more than 3 hits, and having to stretch the bullpen cost the team late.

If you wanna shoot me and PM and go from there, I'd be happy to help.

Very interested in starting an online league as well, I'm done classes for a bit and only having my business to run part-time until September. Did one on another forum years ago and it was really fun, would be much better with a few people we could chat and have a little running diary for.

Considering doing a diary eventually anyways...

If anyone is up for it, I could make a super duper ''awesome'' fictional league that puts us all on level pegging with no real rope to hold on to.

It's throwing people into the deep end, but it might be cool just to see what kind of weird stuff might happen in a league that has no ''names''.

Naturally someone else may do the actual running of the league, because I have 0 experience in running online leagues and wouldn't know where to start. But I could do all the building of the respective leagues and then pass it on to whoever wants to get the glory wants to run the league.

This editor is awesome, so I could even create a ''world'' league, to appease the foreigners (like me).

Example:

90d41809f8cb20b4872dbbc20c459dda.png

Quickly made this in the editor as an example of what the league COULD look like. Naturally the USA gets the majority of the teams, because USA USA USA...

Edited by Jasonmufc

Did you forget the USA abbreviations?

Replace one of the Americas team with a Venezuelan team, and I'm definitely in!

The screenshot is a general example, it's not yet a finished product lol.

I still gotta run some tests, build a rudimentary minor league system and so forth.

I also might expand both leagues with 1 extra division to be a Canada/African league respectively.

If you got other/better ideas let me know, really throw all suggestions at me (bro).

Edited by Jasonmufc

I've had so much fun with fictional leagues, or at least adding international teams to the MLB to make the World Series claim a legit one. :shifty:

Rotterdam beat the NYY three times in a row. :w00t:

I present to you the revised leagues.

b79b8e33329aa44dc9356f4636282a9f.png

62c6e2520de80eff8e0c87aee3c69753.png

Names are very welcome. Maybe I should start a seperate thread for this, to sign up to the league and take dibs on a club. Maybe give the option to choose cities/names and such, and the non-filled spots getting filled in with AI.

I think getting an idea of rough numbers and how games work online is a good starting point. Setting up a league can be as deep or shallow as we want really. If folk want a fantasy league, then I agree that an international one is the way to go.

So who is going to host and run the league?

Like I said earlier, I am pretty quick with hammering stuff out in the editor but I have no experience or know how whatsoever with running an online league.

What did you have to give up to get Arenado, Jason?

I'd like to hear this as well.I find it wayyyyy too easy to rip-off the A.I. with trade on the 'average' setting. A combination of 'hard' and 'favor prospects' tends to give me the most realistic results. I just used the 'make this deal work option' just to see and the only thing Colorado would give him away for was Byron Buxton, which ain't happening. It's not easy to swing a deal, but you can still pull off fair trades.

Late answer lol, I got Arenado by trading Villar for him. It felt cheap, but I got the settings on hard/favour youngsters.

I present to you the revised leagues.

b79b8e33329aa44dc9356f4636282a9f.png

62c6e2520de80eff8e0c87aee3c69753.png

Names are very welcome. Maybe I should start a seperate thread for this, to sign up to the league and take dibs on a club. Maybe give the option to choose cities/names and such, and the non-filled spots getting filled in with AI.

Change Caracas to Anzoategui Caribes :shifty: