Out Of The Park Baseball 15

HeyThereVelvet

Maybe this is just a OOTP 14 thing, but why in the fuck is it so hard for my team to get a sac bunt? The CPU pitchers lay down sac bunts with ease but 90% of the time my pitchers manage to K trying to bunt. Or they'll bunt it only for the lead runner to be forced out. But if I have the pitcher swing they're more likely to GIDP. So annoying.

Maybe this is just a OOTP 14 thing, but why in the fuck is it so hard for my team to get a sac bunt? The CPU pitchers lay down sac bunts with ease but 90% of the time my pitchers manage to K trying to bunt. Or they'll bunt it only for the lead runner to be forced out. But if I have the pitcher swing they're more likely to GIDP. So annoying.

I agree with this on many levels, reminds me of the few minor gripes I always had with the OOTP series growing up. Sometimes it's more convenient to actually play the pitching and batting pitch-by-pitch rather then send them in with a direction and let the at-bat play out, as usually something funky happens unless you just pick pitch, or swing away/take pitch. I understand the pitch-to-contact, pitch around, bunt to get a base hit, functions, however it seems the game does not do the best job of having my players carry out my intended plan. Another small thing I noticed in my first and only game played so far, was that there isn't much in terms of fielding alignments. Not even as simple as double play depth, just options to guard the lines, or play in.

I'm using historical rosters but I'm noticing that there aren't any minor league teams, what am I doing wrong? I selected AAA-A but I only notice a Reserve Roster section with like 15 prospects. However I'm the Yankees in 2004 so that's probably the right amount. <_<

• Like 1

I'm using historical rosters but I'm noticing that there aren't any minor league teams, what am I doing wrong? I selected AAA-A but I only notice a Reserve Roster section with like 15 prospects. However I'm the Yankees in 2004 so that's probably the right amount. <_<

Problem with the game itself, the researchers haven't added any players that didn't make the majors (fully) to the databases. So the minors are only filled with people who have had proper major time somewhere in the fuuutuuuure.

Best fix is to fill minors with fics.

I don't think it's a problem so much as it is unrealistic. The amount of time it would take to go back and add tons of nobody minor league guys over the past one hundred years would be insane. Just fill it with fictional players. I believe the future draft pools still include the big name guys, no?

I don't think it's a problem so much as it is unrealistic. The amount of time it would take to go back and add tons of nobody minor league guys over the past one hundred years would be insane. Just fill it with fictional players. I believe the future draft pools still include the big name guys, no?

They do.

I had this question when first reading about this problem. If you started from the earliest point and legit tried to play the history of baseball, that would probably be the most beneficial in terms of not losing any real players when creating a large base of fictional guys?

So, this weekend I might set a league up or nag someone into doing it. Who is down/what do you want etc. >_>

I dont mind either fictional or a real league, anywhere in the world is OK by me.

Also @Lenny, if you're gonna use fictional Minor league players, there's also an option to prevent fictional players to be called up or something in that vein. Or you could have teams be filled up with ''ghost players'' so that a team has a full squad, but anyone not real are ghosts (a bit like FM's grayed players)

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

Assuming everyone else got an email as well but mine went to the spam folder and I didn't realize until I opened up OOTP but the 2nd update is out now (technically version 15.2.8) and should have made the game really stable for all users. I guess there focus going forward with be with improving 3-D and any other bugs, etc.

- Added the option to use the team text color in the interface more often (preferences dialog)
- Added the option to select the background effect when dialogs are open (preferences dialog)
- Added the option to select player nationality in the create fictional player dialog
- Improved real roster sets (need to create new game for changes to apply)
- Improved simulation speed
- Improved AI in various areas
- Fixed crashes while using 3D mode
- Fixed Facegen on Macs and improved Facegen in general (i.e. shadows under visor, new sideburns)
- Fixed problems in the player editor (projected stats etc.)
- Fixed issues with selecting regions during league creation
- Fixed issues with coaches contract negotiations
- Fixed issues with the AI not picking players in a manually scheduled free agent draft
- Fixed several other bugs & crash problems

I have mac so its the same as anything else, got the file from the OOTP board then installed it, dragging it into the applications folder.

For PC I'd assume its the typical with just an installation running and then perhaps you put the new icon or software onto your desktop or where-ever if it doesn't automatically update to that patches version? (ala TEW)

This damn game is so infuriating at times. 4 games in a row my team has jumped out to at least a 4-5 run lead only for the bullpen to completely meltdown and blow the game. FOUR GAMES IN A ROW. :(

• Like 1

Indeed there is already another update out, went to load up the game just now and got the message.

From their board...

Hey guys,

we have just released the third update for OOTP 15, version number 15.3.11. It is a maintenance update which does not introduce new features, but it includes several bug fixes (including 3D issues on the Mac, sound works now in 3D mode) and updated real opening day rosters (need to start a new game for changes to apply), so we definitely recommend installing the update.

Another change we had to make, at the request of MLB, is to remove real team nicknames for the game, unfortunately. This does not apply to existing saved games though, of course.

It's too bad the MLB forced them to take out the real team nicknames.

Changelog:
- Fixed tiebreaking issues
- Fixed issues displaying award numbers in the history
- Improves contract AI when multiple major / international leagues are present
- Improves parts of in-game AI & scoring
- Fixed some issues with feeder leagues (i.e. college players returning to different colleges when undrafted)
- Various other small fixes & tweaks which I forgot to write down.

The next update (scheduled for June / July) will add more features and improve the 3D feature.

I'm personally gonna start looking for a good mod for this game soon.

• 1 month later...