Out Of The Park Baseball 15

HeyThereVelvet

I have gone 4-0 up in 2014 with the Mets because I am a boss. (H)

Has anyone tried playing the new leagues or created their own custom leagues yet?

I am playing .500 ball with the Astros in season 2, what did you do today?

44072425.jpg

I have gone 4-0 up in 2014 with the Mets because I am a boss. (H)

Has anyone tried playing the new leagues or created their own custom leagues yet?

I am playing .500 ball with the Astros in season 2, what did you do today?

44072425.jpg

Being a total stat whore and going full on Brad Pitt can make anything possible, that includes making the Astros somewhat relevant in under 2 years.

a53ca1b5159845c759ba63c0b85ef556.png

Sure it dipped a little bit in the past 10 games, but I am in the running for proper .500 ball.

Also, lol the Giants and Red Sox suck...

Just some random stats,

Jason Castro is #6 in the league in OBP with .404 (strike not found)

Castro is also #5 in BB with 41

Nolan Arenado is shared #10 in HR's with 13. I traded Villar for him in the off-season because Villar can't bat for shit and Correa was replacing him at SS anyways...

My best pitchers are Jon Papelbon who has 14 saves in 32 games and has a ERA+ of 227 which is on the same level as his Boston days.

Also Justin Masterson is my #1 pitcher and also leading the league in wins with 10-3

It's not a lot, but I am competing for .500 baseball on a shoestring budget (29th in the MLB)

I sign batters on their ability to get on base, preferring contact and avoiding K's over Homerun ability.

I sign Pitchers on their ability to win games, K/9 is overrated and I prefer guys who simply get consistent outs.

Oh, and fucking work ethic is the bomb, yo. Try to sign hard working, smart player who preferably are also loyal and leaders.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I'm sitting at 32-32 in my first season with Minnesota. I tend to manage every other game, but I did sim a week because like fuck I wanted to hurry up and get to the draft.

What did you have to give up to get Arenado, Jason?

I'd like to hear this as well.I find it wayyyyy too easy to rip-off the A.I. with trade on the 'average' setting. A combination of 'hard' and 'favor prospects' tends to give me the most realistic results. I just used the 'make this deal work option' just to see and the only thing Colorado would give him away for was Byron Buxton, which ain't happening. It's not easy to swing a deal, but you can still pull off fair trades.

How do you change the settings in-game? Or is it too late?

You can change it anytime. Go to 'Game' tab at the top and find 'Game Settings'. Then click on the 'AI Settings' tab and it's right there.

• Like 1

And man, as an aside on my game, the Twins have become world beaters all of a sudden in June after two months of slightly below .500 ball. Even with Mauer down with a fractured foot, they've won 17 of their last 19. Trevor Plouffe has been been Superman, homering four times in the past five games. Two of those being walk-offs and another that sent the game to extra innings.