The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Cesc Fabregas who played the vast majority of his professional career under Arsene Wenger doesn't fit Arsenals style of play?

And apparently he's so dumb that he can't adapt to another style of play. Regardless of the style, the ultimate aim of kicking a ball in a goal remains the same. I think some people are overthinking this a little.

• Like 1

I hate Chelsea, but man... they're probably they probably have the best behinds the scenes guys in the league. Like metalman said they've done such good business the past two windows, made two really big sales over the odds for players they don't even need (!), and have followed by signing probably the two biggest players that will move to the EPL this summer, crazy. At the same time they've also made other signings like Zouma, and are in the hunt for even more. Just smart business plays, and clearly great negotiators. As a Liverpool fan it makes me so jealous! We just don't make signings like Diego Costa or Cesc, unfortunately. Lambert, Lallana, Can - it's just not the same, but I guess there is still some way to go before we're in *that* league.

Edit: I've read reports they're now going for Shaqiri or Markovic as alternatives to Lallana, either or both would be top top buys, and better signings - probably even cheaper individually.

Also, apparently Spurs have offered 14m pounds including Capoue, as well as Soldado on-loan, to Sevilla for Moreno... wtf? Do spurs even need a LB that badly?

Spurs are arguably in need of a LB more than we are. Can't see Seville accepting that offer though.

When fit we have a solid LB, the problem is he's not fit that often, so arguably we need a LB just as much as Spurs, since our back up option is a young RB.

RE: Spurs, I guess they need a quality starting LB? But they do have Rose and Fryers, so like two Flanagans... and they're both natural LB's. I dunno, considering how injury prone Enrique is I feel like we need a LB just as much, if not more than Spurs really.

Certainly considering Spurs have two young, if not totally awesome LB's, I don't really get why they would be willing to drop Capoue (a promising young DM, a position they need... especially with Sandro attracting suitors), and Soldado (on-loan even), considering their lack of forward options, plus 14m! Not saying they don't need a LB at all, but that deal makes them seem much more desperate than they appear on the surface... I guess they have no faith in Rose or Fryers stepping up to first-team quality anytime soon.

Even though Adebayor scored more goals than Soldado last season I'd rather we showed faith in Soldado. Even when he was off form he was still trying, getting angry with himself, dropping back to help out with linking play (a lot like Torres has done over the last few years in fact) and trying to make SOMETHING happen. A guy can't be as unlucky as him two years in a row. Every time he seemed to get an "easy" chance it seemed to bobble, or be just out o reach, or just too high, or behind him. He just needed one to fall simply for him to get his confidence up, but it never seemed to happen.

Adebayor has always run hot and cold. If he's not interested then he's not interested. It's horrible watching him play when he's like that. I'd pull him off after 20 minutes Mourinho-style.

• Like 1

Moyes "wants to manage somewhere with a chance of Champions League football." Good news Spurs fans, you're safe.

Does Nerf realise that we've already brought in a new manager or is it just a delayed and feeble attempt at Champions League banter?

I actually had no idea :shifty:

Rio Ferdinand has turned down a contract offer from Aston Villa. (Source: Sky Sports)

Gotta be bullshit.

Is he waiting for a return to either West Haaam or Leeds?

He's out of practice, what with Liverpool having been out of Europe since 2009=

You're out of practice cause we were in the Europa League in the 2012-2013 season.

• Like 1