The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I feel like Balotelli is the kind of striker Liverpool haven't really had a lot of, in my memory. Certainly not recently.

They've had quick strikers, they've had immensely skillful ones but he's got a bit more strong and powerful type of forward. I mean, I guess Andy Carroll was one of those but he's not exactly a player who offers that kind of intimidating presence.

I bet Rickie Lambert is super excited about this news.

Apparently he's bought a shitload of fireworks in celebration.

• Like 1

Rickie Lambert.

Fair enough but he wasn't really bought to be anything other than a 3rd choice striker.

I guess it's a process of beefing up the squad both with numbers and with players who are a bit more physical in their presence.

Remember when Balotelli wandered around Manchester handing out £20 notes? In Liverpool he'll only need to give out fivers for the same amount of excitement.

And instead of paying other peoples petrol, he will be paying bail money.

Footballers Without Borders.

Seems a good deal if the fee reported is accurate, Liverpool desperately need quality forwards... would have preferred Cavani or Falcao but I guess they probably weren't realistic options, the Falcao loan rumour was a beautiful fantasy.