The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Leicester City have agreed a fee with Wigan Athletic for the transfer of James McArthur. (Source: Sky Sports)

Whilst we've got a glut of strikers and midfielder, our defence is worryingly cack outside of Wes, Moore and DeLaet. I don't know why Nigel keeps signing cover for positions we already have when we barely have a first string of defenders. Our left wingback has looked weak for four years plus.

Leicester have Paul Konchesky!

Leicester City have agreed a fee with Wigan Athletic for the transfer of James McArthur. (Source: Sky Sports)

Whilst we've got a glut of strikers and midfielder, our defence is worryingly cack outside of Wes, Moore and DeLaet. I don't know why Nigel keeps signing cover for positions we already have when we barely have a first string of defenders. Our left wingback has looked weak for four years plus.

Leicester have Paul Konchesky!

He's a liability and has been his entire time with the team.

Rich likes me really but he has to stick to EWB Kayfabe

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well from the bias of a Liverpool fan, i'm relieved that many of the deals for the top players supposed to be signing for rivals appear to have fallen through :)

-If Alonso goes, surely that means no Khedira for anybody.

-Falcao looks like he won't be coming to the EPL.

-Surely its too late in the window for Vidal to leave Juventus for Man U, unless there's a done deal Juve are holding back on to replace him?

-Cavani looks likely to stay at PSG for the time being, as Arsenal who were briefly linked with him, have apparently ruled out forward signings?

-Benatia, who was linked to all other top 4 teams (plus Man U), has probably gone to Bayern.

Overall pretty good outcome, though Chelsea still made top signings in Cesc, Costa and Luis - and City with Fernando and to a lesser extent Mangala. Their squads are just too good right now, and i'd pick City/Chelsea for the title, with Arsenal and Liverpool competing for 3/4, along with Spurs close.

Edited by kaya