The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Outstanding transfer window from United considering we're not in Europe.

3 midfielder, 2 defenders and a world class striker replaces Welbeck. Although I think arsenal and the way they play suits Welbs perfectly and he may do very well there, the guy is not a natural finisher though unlike Falcao.

Not only did we get quality in but we also got rid of Nani :). Shame Anderson is still hanging around the place.

Next window we'll likely see Strootman in and perhaps a centre back. If we switch formation though we don't really need one as we have four good ones now. Jones will be the commanding centre back we need, he's already showing glimpses of that.

Four good centre backs? Are we looking at the same United team?

• Like 2

3 midfielder, 2 defenders and a world class striker replaces Welbeck. Although I think arsenal and the way they play suits Welbs perfectly and he may do very well there, the guy is not a natural finisher though unlike Falcao.

Not only did we get quality in but we also got rid of Nani :). Shame Anderson is still hanging around the place.

Next window we'll likely see Strootman in and perhaps a centre back. If we switch formation though we don't really need one as we have four good ones now. Jones will be the commanding centre back we need, he's already showing glimpses of that.

Not being in Europe doesn't matter too much when you can throw 60 million at clubs and pay players like 200K a week. :P

But it did matter when we finished 7th and supposedly couldn't attract these players.

Huge money is paid for, and to players these days, not just at Man Utd. Real paid a ridiculous amount for Bale.

The fact is, any team would like to have players like Falcao or Di Maria (even if he wouldn't get in ahead of Lamela :shifty:), but there always seems to be an answer from rival fans.

We can't attract big players - in comes Mata, Herrera, Di Maria and Falcao

Ahh, but you didn't really need Falcao - we kind of did. James Wilson would probably be starting against QPR otherwise.

Falcao is unproven in the PL! - I had this one in work today. There was no point even responding to that.

Why not a world class CB? - This I agree with, but hey, if we signed Hummels, there would still be a fair amount of people questioning whether he could perform in the biggest league in the world!

Overall, I'm delighted with the window. Will we win the league? Nope, but hopefully we can push for a CL spot, then make a serious go of it next year.

I do think we'll be much stronger at the back now. It certainly can't be worse than it has been. I kind of want the "lesser" teams to have a proper go at us now. Should create space for our attackers to thrive.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season now, however we end up doing!

• Like 4

Falcao just wants to prove himself at the highest possible level, those magical nights when it's pissing it down in Stoke.

• Like 4

Four good centre backs? Are we looking at the same United team?

Rojo is good. Jones can be good. Smalling - when fit - has been good. That's three unless we're counting Blind because the bugger can play anywhere.

Something tells me these massive sponsorship and kit deals aren't so massive if the club keeps missing out on the Champions League.