I'm just surprised that people are picking two QBs, but then I don't really know what I'm doing >_>

For the bye week/to cover an injury.

Though, no, I'm not sure what I'm donig either.

Yeah but if Rivers gets injured, I'll just sub him out and bring in Alex Smith or something. Although that is all down to me thinking/hoping that the NFL fantasy leagues work like Premier League ones >_>

I assumed that is what your bench is for...

I like to have a second QB. Bye weeks and injuries happen. Matchups may be favourable for the backup too. If the backup is facing the worst D in the league and my starter is facing Seattle or something I might put my backup in.

• Like 1

This is exactly why I picked Big Ben. He is facing Houston in the bye week, so he's either going to shred them or get sacked on any given play.

Yeah but if Rivers gets injured, I'll just sub him out and bring in Alex Smith or something. Although that is all down to me thinking/hoping that the NFL fantasy leagues work like Premier League ones >_>

It doesn't quite. If Phillip Rivers is injured for like...three weeks. If you add Alex Smith from Free Agency for him, he might not still be there when you get back.

How does FA work? Is a free-for-all or is there a specific system?

That's up to Commish Berober. I was a big fan of how (I understood) AD's league off-board last year. I am fairly sure this is how the A-league worked last year as well, though one of the two leagues had two designated days - one mid-week and one immediately prior to the first games in which waivers processed.

This is the traditional waivers system: All unowned players will be set as 'On Waivers' immediately after the draft, each week of play or if dropped from another team's roster. Players on waivers will remain so for a set period of time (1-2 days), during which all teams will have the opportunity to make a claim on any player. When the waiver period expires, the player will be awarded to the team with the highest waiver priority that made a claim, and that team will move to the end of the waiver order. This process continues until all players with claims on them process. At this time all players not added via waivers become free agents which can be claimed by any team on a first-come, first-served basis.

Or the league can do the B-League's wacky FAAB waivers system, which I am fairly confident is an acronym for Fucking Arbitrary Ass-Backwards waivers system.

• Like 1