Apparently this has started and my pick was skipped yet I didn't even know the draft order had even been set. What happened to PMing the person who's up after you or getting any prompt? So it's fair to just skip you and not get the best player available?

If I can pick two players, no idea how it works

Eddie Lacy

AJ Green

I guess

Edited by TCO

What happened to signing up for something and then paying attention to it?

• Like 5

What happened to signing up for something and then paying attention to it?

I was paying attention but then nothing happened for a few days. It's unreasonable to expect to check in here all the time. A simple PM like all other drafts here have and I'd have been here within an hour or so.

Also it seems my 12 hours to pick took place almost entirely during the night. So I was supposed to pick with no prompt even though I was asleep for most of it, yay!

Edited by TCO

I suppose that might be a valid reason to be aggrieved had another 36 hours not passed AFTER that.

And had you not been instructed to submit a list of players if this PRECISE THING was even a REMOTE CHANCE OF OCCURRING.

• Like 1

Life fucking happens.

We waited almost 3 days for Lowerdeck and it wasn't a problem because we started early. Perfectly understandable people might miss it if that isn't mentioned to them. Chill the fuck out, I've been doing drafts on this board for a decade and every year we've finished before the start of the season, including the year someone disappeared in the middle of the draft and had to be replaced.

TCO has plenty of reason to be annoyed with the skipping picks model, because he's played in leagues here a few times and it's never been someone we do. It creates a mess, unbalances the league, and is completely disrespectful to the fact that people have lives and a fucking fantasy football draft for a league with no money on the line isn't their #1 priority.

Life no doubt happens. I would point out that it was myself who first raised the question of what happens to people who miss deadline, anticipating the answer to be "we will use the yahoo rankings and give them the BPA."

I am not an unreasonable man, I can accept "Life fucking happens" - as you so eloquently put it - as a legitimate reason to miss out on a pick. But it wasn't the reason here. He posted elsewhere on EWB during his turn. And he made his pick in the Premier League draft just fine three hours after his turn ended, and it almost perfectly bisects the timestamp between when his turn "ended" and I picked AP. He was around and in the sports forum at a time when he could have picked. All of the players drafted since his "turn ended" were still available when he drafted in that league. My first point of the time-stamps of this whole debacle is perfectly valid.

And so is my second, that if you choose NOT to send a list to Berober, are you not choosing to run that precise risk? I myself have not sent a list to Berober because I want to remain flexible enough to adjust if there is a run on a particular position without having to write my entire strategy dossier about how my draft order changes to Berober. But I have made this choice knowing full well and accepting that if "Life Fucking Happens" to me, then that is the price I will pay and I can only blame myself.

• Like 1

I don't even care that I didn't get to pick a player, I'm annoyed that I was completely skipped over. Just give me the best available player. I probably wouldn't have checked the thread for another few days if I hadn't been PMd this morning.

I've played fantasy football here before and never missed a pick. I was out and I checked in on my phone every so often for a PM, which I got for the Premier League draft and picked accordingly.

It's not a huge deal but it's kind of annoying.