FIFA 15

Dan

I've heard they're doing it at £35 if you buy £15 worth of credit for your system. I think they're selling it at £40 online so maybe it'll match that or be a bit higher at 45 or something.

EDIT: BLOODY DAWS

• Like 1

Early impressions...

The good;

The presentation really is top notch this year.

I like the keepers. They feel more like PES goalkeepers now. Prone to the odd mistake, but there's no shot that you don't bother with any more. Before, you knew when the keeper would make an easy save.

In my very first game, I was awarded two pens. The AI actually foul you now, and not every challenge is perfectly timed.

Off the ball runs from fk's and corners has the potential to be good. Had a few occasions where the ball has gone nowhere near the target though.

Tournament mode is back!

The bad;

Refereeing is as petty as ever.

Most headed clearances from either you or the AI still land perfectly at their feet.

I know it's presentation, but the cut scenes where players slowly walk up to the ball and flick the ball up and carry it towards the corner flag are tedious already.

Commentary seems as repetitive as ever.

Sometimes the passing feels off/too slow. I've had a 3 on 1 a couple of times but finding the free man isn't as easy as it was on 14. I guess it's a good thing when it comes to playing the AI.

And lastly, your team mates refuse to make runs. They're awful. Buuuut, I haven't used the Instructions yet, so hopefully that'll change when I delve deeper into the tactical side.

The goalies for me I've just put down to them being shit in the early rounds of clubs (all I've played from the trial) but I get the unerving feeling that they'll be bad across the board. Like, Larz got a couple of goals we have footage of in our topic where he just finesses it past them in these really unlikely ways and they just stand there gormless as it floats in.

And, yeah, the loading at times is annoying, especially since it's never really been that bad in games before. Like, you expect it now when a ball goes out of play but they have that and another one you have to vote to skip past with the goalie going to take the goal kick or whatever.

Oh, I forgot to mention the smoke coming out of everyone's boots when it's raining. The rain itself looks better, in that there's no lines running down the screen this time, but the pitch appears waterlogged under every players foot, and it just looks silly. You can't see the water spraying up that clearly, that often, when watching a match.

And lastly, your team mates refuse to make runs. They're awful. Buuuut, I haven't used the Instructions yet, so hopefully that'll change when I delve deeper into the tactical side.

I don't know why people complain about this in past editions especially, there is a button to get your team mate to make a run, push it!

As for goalkeepers, from a few games on the demo and a few last night I find it really quite difficult to score (on Professional anyway). But I did have one game on the demo where Lambert shot, Hart stopped it & then it hit the back of his arm & went in. Looks to me that the ends of the scale are more extreme in terms of them being really good or really bad, I think it adds to the excitement.

I don't mean the player run button. That generally works ok, but there are times when you have men spare, and they'll make the run when you press the button, but in a completely retarded direction. Team mate intelligence gets worse the higher difficulty you play. It's a known fact.

I don't mean the player run button. That generally works ok, but there are times when you have men spare, and they'll make the run when you press the button, but in a completely retarded direction. Team mate intelligence gets worse the higher difficulty you play. It's a known fact.

I never really have any issues with the player run button, direction wise or anything else. They always seem to go in a logical direction and if my opponent defends it well I look elsewhere.

Yeah, I'd prefer the opposition to get better the higher the difficulty goes rather than your teammates getting worse.

Wait, with button do you make them run?

L1

It isn't too bad, and certainly better than before the player run button was introduced 3 or 4 years ago, but there are times when the runs they make are nothing like ones a friend would make if there were two of you playing. Like I say though, maybe these player instructions do make a real difference, I just haven't had time to play around with them.

I also played as Utd in their default narrow formation. Luke Shaw seemed pretty awesome going forward, but Di Maria and Rooney couldn't affect much against the AI as the middle of the park gets so congested.