FIFA 15

Dan

I agree that pro clubs needs an update, but they need to do something to shake up Ultimate Team too in my opinion. It's arguably one of their biggest selling points, and outside of a new card design each year, it doesn't seem like they're doing much to keep it that way.

They're actively harming it with transfer ranges for players, meaning people have either lost millions of coins (Messi now costs less than 900,000 and pre-price ranges was going for 3-7 million) or can't get a lot of players because they've been made extinct (people not putting them on the market because its not worth it).

That, and the fact that the servers are so fucking bad, is why there's been a surge in sales of Pro Evo this year.

True, but those prices are only what they are because of coin selling, which needs to be cut out. Messi was worth 300k on FIFA 13. The fact he's worth at least ten times that doesn't tell you something's wrong with that?

If they implement transfer ranges from the start next year, they should keep the market salvageable.

Yeah, I don't think PES is even close to competition for Fifa anymore.

I'm not sure they see it as competition though, because people are going to buy FIFA either way. Their target audience is still going to buy the game, regardless of the fact that PES have started offering a true alternative again, just because of tradition and being too ignorant to want to try it. <_<

Eh, it's not ignorance. I enjoy Fifa 15. The thing I enjoy about it most is Pro Clubs. All the other people I play pro clubs with play Fifa, so I'm going to buy Fifa again next year. I don't have the money to buy both.

I'm not sure they see it as competition though, because people are going to buy FIFA either way. Their target audience is still going to buy the game, regardless of the fact that PES have started offering a true alternative again, just because of tradition and being too ignorant to want to try it. <_<

Eh, it's not ignorance. I enjoy Fifa 15. The thing I enjoy about it most is Pro Clubs. All the other people I play pro clubs with play Fifa, so I'm going to buy Fifa again next year. I don't have the money to buy both.

That's pretty much me really. I used to love PES, FIFA became the better alternative, my friends play FIFA and I play pro clubs with them, we used to run a fantasy league (which I may be tempted to set up if there are enough people on PS4 who would want to do it) and just playing 1 v 1 games. I can't have two football games as well just because one would never get played.

This. It's all about pro clubs. I wouldn't bother with Fifa without it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't play PES either. I play drop-in matches on pro clubs or career on FIFA, but the complaint was about people who buy FIFA each year, exclusively play Ultimate Team and complain that they don't offer anything different but then refuse to play PES. :P I also have no idea how different 15 is to 14, as 14 is the last one I've got due to no pro clubs on 360.

Is it still the case with Pro Clubs that unless you have someone playing as the GK, it's a 60 odd rated randomer? So not only are the keepers shit even if you have Neuer playing on Legendary difficulty, you have to deal with Mike Smith as your keeper with professional (or maybe even lower) AI.

Depends what division you are in. The higher up you go the higher rated all of the players are, doesn't make a difference as the keepers will be godlike one game then utter shite the next.

I agree that pro clubs needs an update, but they need to do something to shake up Ultimate Team too in my opinion. It's arguably one of their biggest selling points, and outside of a new card design each year, it doesn't seem like they're doing much to keep it that way.

They're actively harming it with transfer ranges for players, meaning people have either lost millions of coins (Messi now costs less than 900,000 and pre-price ranges was going for 3-7 million) or can't get a lot of players because they've been made extinct (people not putting them on the market because its not worth it).

That, and the fact that the servers are so fucking bad, is why there's been a surge in sales of Pro Evo this year.

True, but those prices are only what they are because of coin selling, which needs to be cut out. Messi was worth 300k on FIFA 13. The fact he's worth at least ten times that doesn't tell you something's wrong with that?

If they implement transfer ranges from the start next year, they should keep the market salvageable.

Those coin sellers were only there because packs and points are bullshit. Points are a rip-off and packs aren't worth it to anyone who isn't addicted opening packs (I fall among this category). With a million coins I can either buy a really good team or open dozens more packs than I can when buying what the equivalent price in points would be. Some sellers were offering a million coins for between £15-30. The equivalent amount of points would only be able to open 14 packs (2200 points for £22/150 points per 7.5k pack) plus any coins you make off those packs. A million coins opens 133 packs (1000000 coins/7500 coins per pack) which makes it much more worth it (Even today, when a million coins is between £55-80 depending on the way you buy).

EA could've concentrated on things that make the game better, such as better servers or eliminating scripting but instead went for the money, which is understandable, but shitty.