FIFA 15

Dan

I can't seem to be able to download the latest squads. It says there isn't an update available but the January transfers haven't been updated. That isn't right right?

Opposite problem for me. The "default" data includes January transfers. Kind of ruined any potential new Career Modes for me.

So with the additions of NYCFC and ORLANDO as playable squads ....

.... I hate EA for not vastly improving things during the season in the past. You can do it, obviously .... even subtle shit like updating/adding kits (I mean you add boots to the catalog and even rotate them out) ...

I've been playing a fun game as PSV in Career mode. I'd never tried the Eredivisie before, and fancied trying to take them to the top of European football if possible. They've got a couple of players that SHOULD grow really well as I progress. I turned the first transfer window off, so it'll take a while to build the team I want.

I'm level on points with Ajax after 23 games, top on goal difference. I've defended well for the majority of the season and only conceded 13 goals and lost twice, but struggled to break some teams down, especially during the period when all of my pacey players were out injured.

Depay had been shit before his 2 month injury, but has improved since. Jozefzoon has been great for me though, along with Narsingh.

Locadia and De Jong (my two strikers between Aug and Jan) just aren't very good at all. Neither are particularly quick, nor good in the air. I signed Luc Castaignos from Twente in the window for 5.5m, who's been great so far, and he's only young.

Also picked up Nathan Ake from Chelsea for a million, and signed Januzaj on loan from United until the end of the season.

Rekik and Isimat-Mirin are both loanees, so if neither are made permanent I would need CB cover - no problem, concrete Ron is joining on a free in the summer. Ideally though I'd like to keep both defenders as they've served me well, and if I have CL football next season (very likely now) I'll need all the cover I can get.

Oh, and a 3-2 Agg victory over CSKA (Januzaj with the only goal of the 2nd leg :wub: ) has seen me through to the Last 16 of the Europa as well - Fiorentina are up next.

In the summer, I'll be flogging Locadia and De Jong and bringing in another striker. I'd play Depay there to cover if his finishing wasn't shit.

• Like 1

Scraped the title by a point!

Managed to sign Januzaj and Rekik permanently, and add Sneijder and Fer to the team for the CL campaign (not forgetting the previously agreed Vlaar). De Jong has gone and Guardado doesn't want to come on a permanent basis unless I pay him a fortune so I doubt that one will happen. I am trying to give Remy all the money to convince him to sign. I think I could do well in the CL if I get him too.

Should be fun.

Sorry Lars, but Feyenoord can eat a big bag of dicks.

Into the 2nd season with Vlaar, Sneijder and Remy all on board and things are going well, but Feyenoord's form has been ridiculous. The big downside to the weak league, I suppose. I drew with them first time, but in 22 games they've won 18 and drawn 4. I'm 5pts behind with 12 to play. They still need to play us and Ajax away, so hopefully I can overtake them.

Things went well in my first ever CL group stages. Paired with Chelsea, Wolfsburg and Olympiakos, I thought I had a chance of scraping through - 3-0 at the Bridge :D, and 1-0 at home saw me do the double over Chelsea. I lost 3-1 in Wolfsburg, and drew 1-1 away at Olympiakos, but beat them both at home, meaning I topped the group with 13pts, Chelsea second. I've got Marseille to come in the last 16, with Chelsea having to play Real Madrid. Glad I avoided that one!

• Like 3

Into the 2nd season with Vlaar, Sneijder and Remy all on board and things are going well, but Feyenoord's form has been ridiculous. The big downside to the weak league, I suppose. I drew with them first time, but in 22 games they've won 18 and drawn 4. I'm 5pts behind with 12 to play. They still need to play us and Ajax away, so hopefully I can overtake them.

Hope you don't. :angry:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i cant play any games anymore.

i only really play virtual pro career mode offline and suddenly its decided to break. Ive played loads of seasons fine but after starting a new season, i played in the community shield match and thats it. Im fully fit and ranked first on the team sheet but the manager has just stopped picking me for any games and nothing seems to fix it. So career mode is essentially fucked. Anyone come across this or know how to fix it?

Things went well in my first ever CL group stages. Paired with Chelsea, Wolfsburg and Olympiakos, I thought I had a chance of scraping through - 3-0 at the Bridge :D, and 1-0 at home saw me do the double over Chelsea. I lost 3-1 in Wolfsburg, and drew 1-1 away at Olympiakos, but beat them both at home, meaning I topped the group with 13pts, Chelsea second. I've got Marseille to come in the last 16, with Chelsea having to play Real Madrid. Glad I avoided that one!

You can win the CL but have Feyenoord win the Eredivisie!!!!

So I've finally had some time to come close to finishing the 2nd season as PSV. Before I started back, I was 5 behind Feyenoord and in the last 16 of the CL.

A 2-1 Agg loss to Marseille after drawing the away leg 1-1 was disappointing, but I had managed to claw the points back in the league at that point. But it quickly swung back in Feyenoord's favour after some poor results, including a 2-1 loss against Den Haag.

Two games ago, Feyenoord were 4 clear with superior goal difference. Cue a mini collapse, and a 0-0 draw against Excelsior, plus 2-1 defeat against Ajax, and I'm now a point clear with 3 games to go. Only PEC Zwolle, FC Utrecht and Go Ahead Eagles stand in my way. Must not fuck this one up now.

EDIT: 3-0 win over Zwolle, Feyenoord won 4-1. As you were. Two to go!

EDIT2: A Leroy Fer goal gave me a 1-0 win over Utrecht, while Feyenoord drew 2-2 with Willem II. Lovely. I'm top by 3pts, level GD with a game to go. Avoid defeat and it's mine! Slight pressure though because Feyenoord are at home to bottom of the table Heracles. They'll almost certainly win.

EDIT3: 2-0 win, and a second successive title. Now to actually conquer the Champions League next season. Thinking of making use of my twitch account and broadcasting some matches.

On to season 3!

A few players came in on a free, including Subotic and Pastore. Yay for contract expiries.

Sold Zoet to Inter. They offered around 10m, I upped it to 15 thinking they'd pull out, but went ahead and signed him. Didn't mind too much. Despite doing well for me for two seasons, he never grew higher than 77. I've signed Michel Vorm for 5m to replace him.

Final big signing was Jean-Paul Boetius from Feyenoord for 10m. Jozefzoon has gone the other way.

Squad looks like this;

GK Vorm 79, RB Arias 78, CB Subotic 82, CB Vlaar 82, LB Willems 76, DM Fer 79, CAM Pastore 82, CAM Sneijder 85, RW Depay 80, LW Januzaj 77, ST Remy 83.

Subs include Boetius, Bruma, Vilhena and Wijnaldum. This is probably the most strength in depth I've had since starting.

Oh, and I set up the twitch broadcast. It's live now, but I'll be starting the first match of the new season at around 7.

http://en-gb.twitch.tv/baddar88/