FIFA 15

Dan

Thread hijacking!

I played the PES 2015 demo on PS4 the other day - pleasantly surprised. It plays extremely well. The through balls are amazing and don't feel like a lottery like they are on FIFA. There are times you tap triangle but it flies 35 yards and onto the keeper, yet you can hold it down other times and it barely goes 10 yards. It's so inconsistent.

Worst of all, the goalkeepers are still woeful on FIFA. It's annoying because there are times and games when they pull off amazing saves, but others, can't be fucked making the simplest of saves. I was playing co-op yesterday on Legendary against Schalke (as Roma) and it was 4-4 at HT, 5-5 FT - Schalke had 5 shots on target, 1 of those was a dodgy pen (when the attacker shoots, kicks YOU, then goes down and gets a pen - also broken), and scored the other 4, when really, they were all straight at the keeper and easily gettable.

The actual gameplay this year is better than it's ever been, but like 14 was spoiled by things like not being able to take a throw in because your players wouldn't go and retrieve the ball (fixed this year), this one has its own set of, arguably worse, problems.

With that said, I still won't buy PES 2015. It sucks that on the previous consoles we could transfer images (to fix kits and logos for teams), yet still can't on this one. I know they have La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 licensed, along with a load of other European teams (+ United), and then the entire Champions League mode, but I just don't want to pay full price for a game I won't get full enjoyment out of.

If you haven't tried the demo (particularly the guys who used to play and like PES), and have a PS4, I urge you to give it a try. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have any selling tips for Ultimate Team? I don't know whether there are just a lot more people playing it on Xbox but when I was on PS4 I used to be able to sell even my rubbish bronze cards, and reasonably quickly too. Doesn't seem to happen on Xbox, I've sold 2 players that were both gold and one of them was because I was rushing through listing my items and I put him on for 200 coins.

• 2 weeks later...