FIFA 15

Dan

On YouTube, I've seen people opening packs with Edwin Van Der Saar and Shearer. How the fuck are they doing it? The odds against must be in the millions.

It's called being a lucky cunt! Best player I managed to get was Podolski. But when you get a good team and coins EA Manages to lose them all :(

I've finally put together a team I actually like and enjoy playing with on FUT.

3-5-2 (Wing backs)

Guzan

Onuoha

Okore

Vlaar

Shaw

Walker

Di Maria

Delph

Wilshere

Rooney

Sturridge

Having Onuoha and Okore at the back completely neutralises pacey strikers. It's virtually impossible to just dink the ball over the top of me for a cheap goal with them in the side. In the system I play, Delph is an absolute beast. He scores so many goals from CM.

You can get Delph on a free at the end of the first season too, he's always a nice pick up.

Wrong thread, I'm guessing :P

No, this is the FIFA thread? :P

Cahill, Milner, Delph, Andre Ayew and and sometimes Oscar if he's not sold could all be got on a free in January in career mode. I have Cahill and Ayew coming into my Arsenal side for nothing!

So Diego Lopez has played like 70 odd games for me in goal on FUT, and has never lost a point in fitness. Also I should have been relegated twice from Division 1, yet I never get relegated... although each season I seem to get screwed out of a win not registering. Sometimes FUT bugs can work in your favour...

BUT, anyone else having problems with squads resetting themselves when the match starts lately? Seems to happen for me within the last week or so. The only way I get my squad to stick is by reselecting my squad from the Squad screen, rather than before playing a game.

Edited by Stevie B

I find goalkeepers, and stats in general, on FUT to be really weird.

I had Lloris in goal a few months back and he was dreadful despite his high stats. Now I have Guzan in goal with Okore and Vlaar in front of him and he is a beast.

I also had Kompany in my team but I've found Okore is a far better defender than him, despite being a silver card. Delph is also far more effective than Mata and Fabregas ever were for me.

Di Maria though is an absolute beast.

Fair play, this game is great, enjoying it more than I can remember enjoying a Fifa game.

As an aside, I love how easy it is to crop and upload videos from PS4 to youtube.

You may be one of the few people on the board to think that, TBH. I haven't played this game in, like, nearly a month, and will probably trade it in within the week. It's fine, but it eventually gets old. Sliders help, but everything just feels too scripted, and clubs feel WAY too same-y. You can't play a possession game. It's just straight pace-y, high scoring stuff, and the keepers are still horrid. I also feel like I just don't have enough control over players/the ball. And a lot of players don't really feel like they have enough specialization/don't differentiate themselves enough.

This game was really disappointing, especially after the glamour of the first few weeks of the game coming out wore off.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to get free transfers in the first January window annoyed me, I managed to get Schar but Delph seemed to just sit on my contract offer till the window shut and then just signed a new contract with Villa at the end of the season despite them going down to the Championship. Same with a lot of the more fringe players I might have been interested in for free to beef up my squad.

But despite being annoyed at that and the transfer system in general during the summer window, I pushed on and now have gone crazy in the 2nd January window. Sold Alan McGregor for 6m, Jake Livermore for 10m, Thomas Ince for 16.5m and, after signing him from Shaktar in the summer for 6m, sold Fred for 30m. I then pumped all that money into my wage bill and got the following for free:

Hart, Vertonghen, Papadopoulos, Smalling, Richards, Henderson.

Shame that some bigger foreigners wouldn't jump like Giovinco, Montolivo and Marchisio. Then on the last day I managed to pick up Butland for 3m to cover me until Hart arrives and Welington Nem from Shaktar to replace Fred, maybe he'll go for 30m someday too. Then I recieved word of someone bidding for Benteke for only 12.5m so I jumped on that and now have a strikeforce of the speed demon Abel Hernandez and The Beast Benteke. Going to be pretty crazy next season with my insanely stacked defense, just need to get through this season with my depleted squad. Probably gonna move Schar up to midfield since he's so incredibly well rounded, he could probably do a job anywhere on the pitch. Just hope the game doesn't screw me over on the excess money I have as it normally does, I put some to good use though in setting up a youth system.

• Like 1