Random Music Thoughts

VerbalPuke

On 7/4/2016 at 11:50, GA! said:

Fair enough. And I take it they can't announce an arena tour yet because of Reading/Leeds?

Plus, with @Benji pointing out Billy Talent, maybe it's clear I'm out of the loop these days. I had no idea until the other day they've got a new album and a UK tour coming up.

They've got a mid-Reading and Leeds show in Glasgow since they're playing the Friday and Sunday, and they're going around mainland Europe a bit through October/November, so I suspect there'll be a tour announcement for the new year.

On 7/4/2016 at 11:44, Benji said:

There's also a Good Charlotte (proceed with lols, I still like 'em) and a Billy Talent album out this month. Why on earth is everything dropping at once? >_>

Good Charlotte are still excellent, fuck anyone who lols. I need to get caught up on Billy Talent too since I've booked tickets to see them, I don't think I've heard anything since III :P

2016 has been so great for music so far. I bought 7 albums the whole of last year, and I'll have bought more than that this year by the end of the month, with at least two more already pre-ordered on top of that. Coupled with the one resolution I've ever succeeded at to see more live music, this year has just been pretty excellent for me musically.

Keep being awesome, 2016.

After listening to the 90s "Top Hits" XM station at work, I now realize the 90s where a really weird time in music

• 3 months later...

Jesus christ, it's been 16 years since I was puttering around in e-and-g-feds and using Linkin Park songs as my guy's entrance music. It was, predictably, In The End just about every time.

2 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Jesus christ, it's been 16 years since I was puttering around in e-and-g-feds and using Linkin Park songs as my guy's entrance music. It was, predictably, In The End just about every time.

I think everyone had In The End or Last Resort as their theme music. My theme music was more eclectic than that...

....except it wasn't.

20 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

I kept hearing about and seeing pictures of this band Ghost B.C. and thought it might be cool. It was corny and terrible.

What'd you listen to? 

Corny is kind of what you sign up for with them, considering the corpse paint and the whole "demonic anti-Pope" gimmick. I don't think they're terrible, but I don't think they live up to the hype either - they've been my cousin's favorite band since 2013 or 2014, and he's gone to Chicago, Dallas and Nashville just to see them. Even dropped $200 on meet and greet tickets for their Halloween show here next week. That's a level of dedication I can't get behind for a band that's "alright gimmicky Swedish metal". I thought I would like them a lot more considering the doom metal slant and how much I like Candlemass, another metal band from Sweden.