lol, FIFA

I think if faced with the prospect of having to deal with FIFA, I would call upon my patented 2-2-2-2 "everyone on the wings" formation and not-so-subtly throw the match.

throwing the match?? You'd fit right in at FIFA!!!

• Like 7

I think if faced with the prospect of having to deal with FIFA, I would call upon my patented 2-2-2-2 "everyone on the wings" formation and not-so-subtly throw the match.

throwing the match?? You'd fit right in at FIFA!!!

Not enough bungs and dodgy slush funds

• Like 6

• Admin

Shouldn't take that long in this day and age, what with PayPal and Apply Pay and the ilk.

• Admin

Former Fifa executive committee member Worawi Makudi has been suspended for 90 days pending a full investigation, the Ethics Committee of soccer’s governing body said on Monday.

“The decision was taken... on the grounds that a breach of the Code of Ethics appears to have been committed and a decision on the main issue may not be taken early enough,” said a statement. “The case is now the subject of formal investigation proceedings.”

Details of the allegations were not provided in Monday’s statement but Worawi has been under investigation for his conduct during the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding contests.

Worawi was a Fifa executive committee member for 18 years until May. In July, Worawi was found guilty of forgery in his 2013 re-election to lead the Thai federation. A Bangkok criminal court sentenced Worawi to a suspended jail term of one year and four months.

Michel Platini's appeal against his 90-day suspension from football activity has been rejected by Fifa's Ethics Committee, which said he was questioned by investigators for five hours in the days beforehand.

He was given the ban on 8 October while an investigation into corruption allegations is conducted, however his lawyers claimed he had not had chance to defend himself. The Adjudicatory Chamber of the Fifa Ethics Committee said Platini had been interviewed for five hours on 1 October. 

A spokesperson said: "The argument put forward by Michel Platini’s lawyers that their client had not had the possibility to defend himself before the Adjudicatory Chamber of the Fifa Ethics Committee before his suspension is not valid. 

"After the Investigatory Chamber of the Fifa Ethics Committee had heard him for more than five hours on October 1, 2015 (with the hearing documented on more than 50 pages), the chairman of the Adjudicatory Chamber, Hans-Joachim Eckert, did not see a need for a second hearing with Mr Platini."