EWBFL 16 PS4 League

DYSI

2 hours ago, billyzzz80 said:

5 PM GMT on Sunday is fine. That translates to noon for me.

Works for me. 

1 hour ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

I lost my 3rd game. I just can't defend.

Anything specific? I find a lot of people are too eager to blitz, which is great if you can get to the QB, but you're basically guaranteeing someone's gonna be open. What formations do you tend to pick, or do you leave it to the AI suggestions (I hate that the suggestions never show formation)? 

I ended up getting destroyed, something like 36-7 or something, was a real mess from me. I made a simple mistake which resulted in an INT and from there on I lost my head a bit and couldn't recover. Ended up with about another 4 interceptions which is a recipe for disaster when playing DYS.

22 hours ago, Asuka's Gonna Kill You said:

I ended up getting destroyed, something like 36-7 or something, was a real mess from me. I made a simple mistake which resulted in an INT and from there on I lost my head a bit and couldn't recover. Ended up with about another 4 interceptions which is a recipe for disaster when playing DYS.

You had some nice lengthy drives going but had a couple hiccups in the endzone that led to a pick and me scoring the other way, so it was a big 2 TD turn around that would've made the came a hell of a lot closer than what it turned out to be if you cashed in. Looking forward to round two later on this season.

On 2/25/2016 at 19:58, Big Hairy Man Face said:

I've actually realised that I don't use the defense assist button. Would that be one way of making things slightly easier?

I've had mixed results. Definitely helps keep your guy in position, but it tends to be a bit slow to react. Not worth it at all if you control a defensive lineman. I use it if I'm a linebacker in coverage just to get in position, and then manually control when I read the play. Useful if you're in man coverage, easier to 'stick' to your man, easy to get outrun though, again I'd use it to get position, then manually control when the receiver makes their cut. 

Just now, Cactus Drags said:

I've had mixed results. Definitely helps keep your guy in position, but it tends to be a bit slow to react. Not worth it at all if you control a defensive lineman. I use it if I'm a linebacker in coverage just to get in position, and then manually control when I read the play. Useful if you're in man coverage, easier to 'stick' to your man, easy to get outrun though, again I'd use it to get position, then manually control when the receiver makes their cut. 

Cool. I was toying about with it earlier - felt useful in some situations.

My biggest issue is that I don't seem to be able to disrupt the passing game, or stop the running game (so everything...). Turnovers is the main issue - as I don't manage to force any, it becomes a shot out between my offense and their offense every time, yet I tend to give up at least one turnover, leading to me losing.

Absolute game of two halves there. Down 21-0 at half time against the Broncos, had a nightmare first half giving up three interceptions and Rivers only throwing at about 40% completion while Sam Bradford must have hit 10 for 10 to start. Passing game and running game both weren't working in the first half. Much better improvement in the second half but wasn't enough as went down 31-24.

On 2/26/2016 at 20:44, Big Hairy Man Face said:

Cool. I was toying about with it earlier - felt useful in some situations.

My biggest issue is that I don't seem to be able to disrupt the passing game, or stop the running game (so everything...). Turnovers is the main issue - as I don't manage to force any, it becomes a shot out between my offense and their offense every time, yet I tend to give up at least one turnover, leading to me losing.

Turnovers are difficult to force, it's really more keeping the yardage down and forcing punts. On third down I usually use the protect sticks command (I think it's triangle then l1)  which makes your players try and keep the offense inside the yellow line. 

Biggest thing if you're struggling to defend is keep the ball away from them. Don't think you have to get huge chunks of yardage every down. Look for safe, short passes (slants are pretty reliable, and if you have a decent TE, they can really help take the pressure off)  and try and average 3-4 yards on the ground. The less time they have the ball, the harder it is for them to score. And if you can keep them to field goals while you're marching downfield for touchdowns, you're laughing. 

Edited by Cactus Drags
  • Like 1

Well played, but I fucking hate those games where your players just won't play. So many opportunities for interceptions blown, and the sacks where the QB just gets the ball off, those animations trigger way too often (saw them happen to both of us, mind) . And those tipped ints at the end, so frustrating, they never fall for me. 1-1,I'll get you in the rubber match. 

Edited by Cactus Drags