EWBFL 16 PS4 League

DYSI

35 minutes ago, Lenny DYSItra said:

Good game @ADG, really fun back and fourth.

I'll check it in a few.

I'm not on auto at the moment; haven't been at the PS4 in nearly a week.  Feel free to auto me so he can get the game in.  I think the house stuff is simmering down until late April, so I'll be more available.

2 hours ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

What was the score in the end?

If I remember right it was 37-15, might have been 30-15 though. I didn't expect to even score so I was fairly happy coming out of it. 

Lost 38-28,not a great time to face such a strong passing attack when your starting corner and outside linebacker are out injured. D played poorly though, no takeaways, couldn't tackle, didn't even register any pass deflections. My offense started hot, had 8 passes for 150 yards before having an incompletion, CA-P was running hard, but all of a sudden the wheels fell off, ended up throwing 4 ints (although 2 were late game, so not really a factor).

The real problem was getting screwed by the refs. Twice there should have been pivotal plays overturned that weren't. First was a touchdown catch for the Falcons in the first half. Back of the end zone, receiver is stood fully on the white stripe when he makes the catch. Called a TD, I'm livid, but it comes up under review. And it stands. Nearly threw my fucking controller out the window. 

Then in the fourth quarter, down 4,i try to hit Funchess in the back of the end zone, but Trufant picks it off. But again, he's not even close to being in bounds. That wasn't even reviewed. 

I was absolutely robbed, and yes I shouldn't complain about losing when I give up nearly 40 points. But if those two plays were called correctly, it's potentially a 14 point swing. I know refs aren't perfect IRL, but they'd have been sacked on the spot if they made the calls that happened here. Ugh. 

I am going to injure as many virtual Falcons as I can when I go to Atlanta. 

Got the Chargers next, sadly I'm not going to be around to play that one, I won't be able to play until the 21st. I've set myself to Auto so ADG can play. 

Edit: Just checked the schedule and I'm probably going to miss the return game against the Falcons :@

Edited by Cactus Drags

WEEK 10

We've got two "User" games but since Drags and @thatshortguy will be on AP I'll roll again on Wednesday.

Quick look at the User standings at the halfway point:

Bengals, 8-0

49ers, 7-1

Steelers, 6-2

Texans, 6-2

Panthers, 5-3

Falcons, 3-5

Saints, 3-5

Chargers, 2-6

Looking real bleak for User/User playoff games >_> But the AFC West is pretty shakey so ADG can still turn it around, the CPU Bucs are taking advantage of the three User melee we've got in the NFC South so it's anyways guess who can walk out of that division with a spot.

Managed to sneak on and see that, true to form, Arian Foster is down for three weeks with a strained emotion or something.  Released FS Godfrey to free up the cap space to sign a 77 RG and help bolster the O-Line for a bit.  Despite me setting myself to AP, the game never showed me on AP. Shouldn't be an issue this week, though.

Scratch that, managed to get myself up to play it and ended up winning 41-28 against the Giants. Thought I was going to get well and truly EA'd for a moment, the Giants came out unbelievable and just kept making big passing plays. When I did get a decent two score lead it decided to start giving me plenty of random CPU made penalties. Thankfully saw it out to win though, 7-2 now.

Week 11

We've got Midget vs. Drags but both are AP so technically we don't have any User games this week, that'll make the deadline Saturday but I'll roll Sunday AM EST. Since I have some time to kill I'll run through some of the top User players so far this season and see what kind of MVP/OPTY/DPTY race we've got so far. I don't think we voted for them last year. :/

Top Passer (by passer rating)

CIN Jean Graham - 131.4 rating, 2,959 yards, 29 TDs, 5 INTs

SF Colin Kaepernick - 109.6 rating, 1,788 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs

HOU Patrick Griffin - 102 rating, 2,601 yards, 24 TDs, 17 INTs

PIT Ben Roethlisberger - 90.7 rating, 1,1779 yards, 16 TDs, 15 INTs

CAR Cam Newton - 82.9 rating, 1,676 yards, 17 TDs, 15 INTs

Top Rusher (by yards)

PIT Le'Veon Bell - 1,129 yards, 6.4 avg, 14 TDs

CAR Cameron Artis-Payne - 1,070 yards, 6.4 avg, 7 TDs

SF Carlos Hyde - 900 yards, 6.4 avg, 14 TDs

HOU Matt Forte - 585 yards, 4.3 avg, 7 TDs

CIN Jeremy Hill - 480 yards, 4.8 avg, 10 TDs

Top Receiver (by catches)

CIN Tyler Eifert - 72 catches, 860 yards, 11.9 avg, 9 TDs

NO Antonio Gates - 58 catches, 655 yards, 11.3 avg, 5 TDs

HOU Larry Donnell - 54 catches, 865 yards, 16 avg, 5 TDs

TE Jermichael Finley - 45 catches, 516 yards, 11.5 avg, 3 TDs

SD Keenan Allen - 42 catches, 699 yards, 16.6 avg, 4 TDs

Save to say that TEs are dominating this year. :P Surprised we have two 1,000+ rushers already too, let's see if @Asuka's Gonna Kill You can break 2,000! Oh and the Falcons made a top list, so you've got that going for you @thatshortguy. >_>

Edited by Lenny DYSItra
  • Like 1

25-14 against the Eagles, wasn't really even a close one despite a nervous finish. 19-0 up during the 3rd and the Eagles hadn't done anything, about 24 yards offense and I was on for my most comfortable victory ever. Out of the blue I get intercepted, which they turn into a TD and then the exact same happens again when I get the ball back. It's like they hulked up out of nowhere. 19-14 in the 4th but thankfully managed to seal the game right at the end. Not sure if it was an off day for them or they're just awful (probably the latter :P), ridiculously comfortable game outside of the two mistakes I made.