the muppets.

Benjamin

Fozzie and Gonzo translate a lot easier to the premise than I thought they would. Kermit and Piggy are still a little rough, though tbf I didn't even enjoy human guests flirting with Kermit on the original Muppet Show. Funny show, though, and I imagine they'll make adjustments as they go along.

I think the "Kermit's a dick" stuff is a little exaggerated, in that in the actual Muppet Show himself he always had a little bit of those qualities. And a key part of the conflict in Muppets Most Wanted was due to Kermit being a bit of a killjoy, too.

Speaking of, we better get Constantine in this series at some point.

• Like 1

Eh, I kind of get where you're coming from, but I think what we were supposed to take away from it was that Josh Groban was changing the show to suit his tastes and his needs, and kind of taking over Miss Piggy's life. It's not like he was some awesome paragon of virtue or something, if that were the case it'd be a bit different.

Yeah.. this is about what you should expect out of the Muppets even though it's updated. The storyline had little to do with Kermit being jealous about anything like that, and in all honestly I didn't feel like it did at all - I only assume it'll work into a storyline later on. 

My girlfriend called it in the first five minutes of episode 1 though... this is 30 Rock, Kermit is Liz and Piggy is Jenna.

Yeah.. this is about what you should expect out of the Muppets even though it's updated. The storyline had little to do with Kermit being jealous about anything like that, and in all honestly I didn't feel like it did at all - I only assume it'll work into a storyline later on. 

My girlfriend called it in the first five minutes of episode 1 though... this is 30 Rock, Kermit is Liz and Piggy is Jenna.

That's how I started watching it. A co-worker said it was like The Office meets 30 Rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched both today. It's pretty funny but seeing the Muppets living these adult lives is still kinda weird to me. Fozzie basically playing the role of Sidney Pottier was just crazy

Bunson talking about being a hard drinker, that made me say "What the fuck?".

Still, I like it so far, it's good.

Producers are jerks to everyone else on the show. It's a TV trope at this point. Still, the dialogue in this was great.

"Where do I know you from?"
"Probably from The Office."
"We work together? I am so sorry that I never noticed before!"

This show is so 30 Rock that it hurts - got caught up on episodes 3 and 4 yesterday and Kermit is such a Liz Lemon. I was actually quite annoyed at everyone BUT Kermit in the last episode because I've been in the position that he was in before and it sucks. I figured they would lay on the fact that no one gave a shit about Piggy until she could bring someone famous and  likeable to the table.

• Like 2