10 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

And I will conclude the draft with Jon Lackey, SP, Cubbies.

Sorry, Cloud-O...had to nab a pitcher sometime.

Rosters will unlock at noon tomorrow, give or take a few moments.  From there, fill your empty roster spots and prepare for Sunday's Opening Day!

You are a poopoohead.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

This is very exciting.

I just wish I knew what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. :P

Yahoo's interface has improved over the years, so selecting who you want to start where should be no problem.  As far as adding/dropping peeps, just hit the Add Player or Drop Player button, then follow it from there.  You can sort by their rankings or any stats from this year (as we progress) or last.  If you have any questions, just give me or any of the other grizzled vets a yell.  Srar, definitely.  She grizzled as hell.

Rosters are unlocked.  Go, my minions, run rampant over the waiver wires!  Pillage them and hear the lamentations of your opponents for not getting there quick enough or some such!

Schedule is now set.  Everyone will face everyone else at least once, but the final week of the season will be matchups determined by last year's final standings:

Berober vs. Srar
LNK vs. Twist
Moi vs. Busch
Lowerdeck vs. Niner
Mad Jack vs. Maxx (who is replacing TEOL in this situation)

It's showing that I have the top waiver priority unless we live in a wacky world where the higher number has priority.  So with mass waivers I'm guessing that means I'll get my top waiver pick, then it'll give me my #2 player only if nobody else claimed them at a higher spot and it continues on like that, right?  Just wanted to double check.  I put Gordon as my top guy since I had drafted him yesterday so as long as I wind up with him I'm good.

Beyond that I just claimed like a dozen or so other players so hopefully I'll fill out the last 6 spots on my bench naturally from that group.

This'll be fun!

Just now, Berober said:

Are you going to be adding everyone from the last mad scramble of players?

Those should already be added.  If someone's missing, let me know and I can add them.

Concerning waivers:  you have a budget that you can use to spend on players.  If someone else has spent more than you, they'll get them.  If it's the same amount, then it's whoever has waiver priority.  Waive priority should change when teams make waiver claims (for example, you'll lose top waiver priority if you successfully nab someone.  This will allow everyone to have a chance at priority.)

Just now, thatshortguy said:

Those should already be added.  If someone's missing, let me know and I can add them.

Concerning waivers:  you have a budget that you can use to spend on players.  If someone else has spent more than you, they'll get them.  If it's the same amount, then it's whoever has waiver priority.  Waive priority should change when teams make waiver claims (for example, you'll lose top waiver priority if you successfully nab someone.  This will allow everyone to have a chance at priority.)

Fair enough, can't see Vogt in my lineup is all

Just now, Maxx said:

Alex Gordon is still in FA.   Is that $100 what we have all year long?  Or does it refresh weekly?

Yeah, nobody drafted him.  Busch has put a waiver offer on him, but if you pay more, you'll nab him.

That $100 is meant to last the year.  This will likely be the only time waivers will play a factor, as the time between release and free agency is one day (example:  everyone will be a free agent as of tomorrow).

2 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Yeah, nobody drafted him.  Busch has put a waiver offer on him, but if you pay more, you'll nab him.

That $100 is meant to last the year.  This will likely be the only time waivers will play a factor, as the time between release and free agency is one day (example:  everyone will be a free agent as of tomorrow).

Didn't Busch take him with his last pick?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Berober said:

If you somehow forgot Niner's pick, I wouldn't mind though ;)

Me, too, since it looks like he'd be added to the staff at some point :shifty: 

On 3/31/2016 at 11:40, Ziggy Srardust said:

So how many people will we still need to grab?

Just saw this one, too (damn you notifications skipping over unread posts!)

You're actually fine draft-wise, but you'll need to fill however many empty roster spots that are left.  You can either do it through waivers (today) or unrestricted free agency (tomorrow).

4 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Me, too, since it looks like he'd be added to the staff at some point :shifty: 

Just saw this one, too (damn you notifications skipping over unread posts!)

You're actually fine draft-wise, but you'll need to fill however many empty roster spots that are left.  You can either do it through waivers (today) or unrestricted free agency (tomorrow).

He did forget Holt! :(