1 hour ago, thatshortguy said:

Cloudy throws a missive to nab one Hector Rondon, RP, Cubbies.

I'll be taking one Kevin Pillar, LF/CF, Toronto, please and thanks.

@Mad Jack gets a couple more toys.

As for Twist, I know it's a pain, but it's only fair that everyone gets a chance.  If that means the draft isn't complete by the end of the week, that's fine.

He's been given a chance, several in fact.  He's shown very little interest in actually keeping up with this.  You should start auto assigning him players or you might not even be able to input the rosters into Yahoo.

• Like 2

See I understand wanting to be "fair" and all that but this is the second time in the draft that he's gone three picks in the hole and it'll soon be four if he doesn't show for the next one.  It doesn't appear that he's posted all that much in general but he was apparently just on a few hours ago.  In no way is fantasy baseball important in the grand scheme of things but if you do happen to pop onto the boards I wouldn't think it'd be too difficult to quickly check and see if your pick is upcoming.

Granted it's not quite as bad now that it is a 6 hour window (which I didn't realize until I re-read the first post) but I'm still not sure I get the logic behind waiting or not just auto-assigning some players based on spots he still needs to fill.  If he ends up not making another pick before we start and has 13 open roster spots and mostly barren waivers it's going to be basically impossible for him to be competitive even if he decides to be an active owner.

Obviously you're the commish and it's your call but I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in as it sounds like some of us are of the same mindset.

Certainly appreciate it.  Auto-assigning feels like it could potentially bone someone else who's submitting picks or lists while skipping over him seems too harsh (the guy is celebrating his 29th apparently).  Besides, all drafts are basically crapshoots anyways.  I would bet money over half my team will be changed between now and the All-Star Game, let alone when I miss the playoffs :shifty: 

You can't think of auto assigning as screwing over someone else though.  It's a list like anyone else's, expect he was too lazy to actually send one and you just have to make the list for him :shifty:

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

You can't think of auto assigning as screwing over someone else though.  It's a list like anyone else's, expect he was too lazy to actually send one and you just have to make the list for him :shifty:

He can make his own damn list from the waiver wire :shifty:

Cloudy shines a signal back saying he wants Kendrys Morales, 1B, Kansas City.  It was a very large signal, okay?

@mattman1624 gets the graveyard shift.

If it were a live draft, then essentially he gets the best player on Yahoo's rankings to whatever position that he may have open at the time.

If he ends up five picks in the hole, we may have to treat him the same way.  Maybe not all five at once, but at least two or three.

22 minutes ago, mattman1624 said:

Jeff Samardjiza SP SF Giants

I know I misspelled his last name.

Everyone always does, sir.  Yours just happened to be the nastiest :pervert: 

Edit:  fun lil' bit of trash talk ammo...see where people have "# of picks have been submitted" by some of their names?  Notice that it sometimes goes down or gets erased if you nab someone from their list?  AWL S, SON!