Motorsport Manager

Meacon Keaton

Was gifted a Steam card, so I took the plunge.  Really hope I don't get overwhelmed.

Is it possible to offload some of the financial duties to the AI and focus more on your roster?  One of my favorite things to do in Out of the Park is have the computer take care of the jobs I'm not too interested in and then micro-manage the hell out of the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

At the start of the season, improving the reliability of your cars is important. I tend to focus on brakes, gearbox, suspension and engine. Just having a slightly more reliable car than those of your opponents can potentially be worth points.

Also, make sure that you strategise correctly for rain during races. Sometimes, timing your pit stops just as the rain starts falling or stopping can really get a leg up on the competition, but it can be a matter of luck, depending on where your cars are on the circuit when the weather changes.

I find it's usually a good idea to pit if there's a safety car out early or midway through a race, and then you can potentially get more laps out of your tyres without falling a long way behind the other cars. I've had times when I've been able to switch to a medium tyre compound at such a stage and make them last until the end of the race, which can also be worth an extra position or two.

If you're starting out with one of the weakest teams, it's important to remember that you're almost certainly going to spend much of your first season stuck near the back of the grid. It can be frustrating, but there's value in finding little victories here and there, usually involving not finishing last. Hopefully, once you start to put together better components, you'll also have managed to scout and pick up some better drivers too.

Is this anything like Motorsport Manager on mobile? Because that's free for about a week on Google Play (Not sure about App store) I haven't looked into the PC version but this mobile version is quite fun.

Upon looking it up. It seems to be the original from a few years back. It's a fun little play around but it really wants your battery.

10 hours ago, Rocky said:

Is this anything like Motorsport Manager on mobile? Because that's free for about a week on Google Play (Not sure about App store) I haven't looked into the PC version but this mobile version is quite fun.

Upon looking it up. It seems to be the original from a few years back. It's a fun little play around but it really wants your battery.

It's from the same developer, but it's much more of a fully fledged management sim rather than the more pickup & play like the mobile version.

It's a lot deeper, and a bit harder to boot. But it's damn good fun by picking up a bad team and pushing them to the top, or sign a few young kids and try to build them into world champ drivers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

It's from the same developer, but it's much more of a fully fledged management sim rather than the more pickup & play like the mobile version.

It's a lot deeper, and a bit harder to boot. But it's damn good fun by picking up a bad team and pushing them to the top, or sign a few young kids and try to build them into world champ drivers.

Because of playing the mobile version, I'd say I'm more likely to pick it up for Steam. Though it does seem to be a lot more work, could still be enjoyable.

OK. I've picked it up through the Humble Bundle. I'll probably not get onto it this weekend but that'll give me time to read through this thread to try pick up some tips.

*EDIT

Purchased.  Installed. Opened first time. Closed to run errands. Return. Mobo shit itself 😒

Edited by Rocky

13 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

If you activated it on Steam, you should be able to go to the Motorsport Manager store page, pick the two freeLC's and press 'install', this way they get put on your account. You can then push the 'update' in the download view of Steam and afterwards you should have them.

Nope, had to do it another way.

My pirated version of this was a hell of a lot easier to install and use.

Downloaded the Fire mod for F1, F2 and F3 with all the real driver names and took over the crappest British team. Fired one of my drivers because he was addicted to video games and signed up some Dutch fella... won my second race! All down to a bit of luck. Decided to risk getting some practise laps on intermediate tires and during the race I pit just before it rained and ended up getting a 23 second lead for the rest of the race. I love the rain.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How do you get good at qualifying? I'm in my second season in career mode with a crap F3 team. My drivers are decent, the car doesn't really matter because it is all spec parts, I rinse through practise with the fastest lap and I do well in the actual race, but every qualifying I place last.

Its a moot point at the moment because there was a vote on qualifying and we've got random placings which is great.

39 minutes ago, MDK said:

How do you get good at qualifying? I'm in my second season in career mode with a crap F3 team. My drivers are decent, the car doesn't really matter because it is all spec parts, I rinse through practise with the fastest lap and I do well in the actual race, but every qualifying I place last.

Its a moot point at the moment because there was a vote on qualifying and we've got random placings which is great.

Do you control the drivers' braking and acceleration or do you let the computer do it automatically? What bonuses do you activate?