Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red

Gongsun Zan

I reserved a copy of both already. Though i was never the biggest pokemon fan, i always loved the games. They are always at the very least decent games and worth the money. Also the fact fire red and leaf green allow you to start in the original game's world plus jhoto, ect in it and i heard that after you beat all the leagues you can unlock the orange island leagues. Though not sure how much fact there is to it. But for leaf green i'll get bulb and fire red charmander. Then i'll catch a few normal pokemon( two ) and trade one from fire red to leaf green for bulb, start green over, choose squir. and do the same then start green over again. Thus giving me on red all three starter pokemon. :P

I already have the japanese cart of Leaf Green, which rawks. Even if I can't understand it. I'll probably play the English one to see what extra bits I missed are, but I wouldn't pay for the same thing again.

There are also islands that you can visit after you beat the Elite Four. There are more than just the 150 originals. IF you want to collect all the Pokemon in Sapphire/Ruby, this is the way to do so.

EDIT: There is no Johto. Only Kanto. No Hoenn either. Sorry to burst people's bubbles.

Edited by thuganomic

I will probably get them next year before I go on holiday, I can't see me using them much if I get them now as the likes of GTA:SA , PES4 and FM2005 will no doubt keep me busy gaming wise. I've played them and it's a cool game and perfect for me as i've never really been into the newer Pokemon so classic characters + new engine = cool.

There are also islands that you can visit after you beat the Elite Four. There are more than just the 150 originals. IF you want to collect all the Pokemon in Sapphire/Ruby, this is the way to do so.

EDIT: There is no Johto. Only Kanto. No Hoenn either. Sorry to burst people's bubbles.

There are 8 islands. On some of them you can get some Johto Pokemon, but that's not all. On one of the islands you can get Ho-oh AND Lugia, and on another you can get DEOXYS, either the attack mode (Fire Red, 386-f.gif) or the defense mode (Leaf Green, 386-l.gif).

Also, the Legendary Dogs are back, but only one for each game, depending on your starter. With Squirtle, Raikou becomes available after you defeat the Elite Four. With Bulbasaur, Entei appears, and with Charmander, Suicune appears.

EDIT: Oh, and Moltres has migrated from Victory Road to Mt. Ember, which is on one of the islands. Just thought I'd add that.

Edited by DoubleX

There are 8 islands. On some of them you can get some Johto Pokemon, but that's not all. On one of the islands you can get Ho-oh AND Lugia, and on another you can get DEOXYS, either the attack mode (Fire Red, 386-f.gif) or the defense mode (Leaf Green, 386-l.gif).

Also, the Legendary Dogs are back, but only one for each game, depending on your starter. With Squirtle, Raikou becomes available after you defeat the Elite Four. With Bulbasaur, Entei appears, and with Charmander, Suicune appears.

EDIT: Oh, and Moltres has migrated from Victory Road to Mt. Ember, which is on one of the islands. Just thought I'd add that.

Edited by sirdavinator

You can only catch Ho-OH and Lugia if you have the MysticTicket (which can only be obtained at Nintendo events...it sucks). The MysticTicket allows you to enter the cave to catch Ho-Oh and Lugia.

Correct. I probably should've mentioned that. :P

Same goes for Deoxys, which is a bugger to fight. Not to catch, since it's only level 30, but to get to fight it in the first place, the puzzle is a complete bastard.

-_-