FIFA 18

Gazz

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

4/4 today. (H)

Still seems like the AI will score whenever the fuck they want though. I was 8-0 up against a 67 rated team (that randomly had Alexis up front, presumably a loan), and conceded in the 90th minute. :/

You mean like this? I mean, I know it's Ronaldo but for fucks sake...

Lost that one 3-1 eventually, that was the first, second was similar from Dybala and the third was a ricochet up in air, Strootman absolutely obliterates my Matuidi and passes the ball to Ronaldo to smash home. Only three shots they had all game.

Yeah. Legendary. Just finished my last game of this set and I'm currently 1100pts off Elite 2.

I'm finding that finesse shots from certain areas into certain zones are way overpowered and the AI seems to abuse this. Ones near the keeper, he will sometimes do a parry animation rather than a dive so he misses it and that example there could have been saved but he does a tip over animation with the wrong hand and completely misses it.

I see your point about defenders, I have 88 Bonucci, who was about 50k and I don't feel like he is any better than Benatia or Koulibaby who are a fraction of the price.  87 Handanovic doesn't particularly do anything different from 83 Perin either.

84 Gomez up top with a Hunter card on though is ridiculous, 99 pace and 97 acceleration. He wins so many balls froms defenders simply because he closes down space so unexpectedly fast. He's really weak though.

I love Gomez, he just scored a hat-trick for me in a 6-3 win.

I'm running my duel team format to save fitness, so I have:

GK: Marchetti/Donnarumma

CB: Koulibaly/Benatia

CB: Juan Jesus/Bonucci

CB: Manolas/Barzagli

RM: Candreva/Cuadrado

CM: Bonaventura/Jorginho

CM: Joao Mario/Marchisio

LM: Peresic/Insigne

CAM: Valero/Eder

ST: Gomez/Mertens

ST: Immoblie/Icardi

Regular Subs: Callejon/Bellotti

I need to improve my midfield a bit so Matuidi, Naingollan and Hamsik are my next targets.

40 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Yeah. Legendary. Just finished my last game of this set and I'm currently 1100pts off Elite 2.

I'm finding that finesse shots from certain areas into certain zones are way overpowered and the AI seems to abuse this. Ones near the keeper, he will sometimes do a parry animation rather than a dive so he misses it and that example there could have been saved but he does a tip over animation with the wrong hand and completely misses it.

I see your point about defenders, I have 88 Bonucci, who was about 50k and I don't feel like he is any better than Benatia or Koulibaby who are a fraction of the price.  87 Handanovic doesn't particularly do anything different from 83 Perin either.

84 Gomez up top with a Hunter card on though is ridiculous, 99 pace and 97 acceleration. He wins so many balls froms defenders simply because he closes down space so unexpectedly fast. He's really weak though.

I have Navas 85 and I don't notice much of an improvement over my Lopez 83.

Whenever I've come up against Handanovic for the AI in battles, he's been almost unbeatable. Mentioned it to a mate, and he said his brother has Handanovic and he's shit. I think user controlled keepers performing worse than AI goalkeepers will always be a thing though, as well as in online matches when one keeper saves everything and the other can't make a simple stop. 

I'm hoping to hold Elite 2 over the weekend just to see what are in these mega packs. Never opened one before. Was relatively happy with my Elite 3 prizes despite only winning 20 out of 34 last week. I've got 18/21 wins so far, so barring some major fifa bullshit, I should improve on that.

1-3 today so far. Lost count of the number of times I've hit the woodwork and I had my first ever DC when 1-0 up which became a 0-3 loss.

I was about 5000pts off Elite 2 with 8 games to play, I've made 3000pts in 4 games so far. Choke.

likeso.png

What usually happens is you play for about 60-70 minutes pretty comfortably by defending space and cutting passes lanes rather than pressing and then the AI bloots a 30 yarder into the top corner for the lulz.

• Like 1

AI still scores at will. Went 5-0 up after about 60 minutes. I'll get the ball, pass around and waste time for the clean sheet and possession bonuses. AI kicks off, attacks and I get a block in for a corner. AI plays the corner out to outside the box, full volley and Marquinhos taps in at the back post after the ball travels through his arse.

• Haha 1

There are some games where I think I'm getting better at defending - even kept 3 clean sheets out of the 4 in the current set. But in others it's like if the AI want to score, they will and you're almost powerless to stop it. You know it's coming too, when you can't get hold of a player near the person with the ball, and hitting the slide tackle button next to them does nothing.