FIFA 18

Gazz

The new World Cup mode is fun, though I have discovered one niggle - the squads aren't correct for the WC. It also seems that they can't be edited (I went into the main game editor to switch England around and it didn't carry into the WC mode). 

Yeah I started playing this last night and that bugged me, as did the wrong squad numbers and stuff like that as I'm a stickler for silly things like that

WC mode is really buggy in the graphical interface as well. Seems like they released it because they had to rather than because it was ready.

I've played three games in it so far with my bad chemistry squad, lost all 3. The first two I lost 3-2 and missed a last minute penalty (both Ricardo Rodriguez) in the last minute both times.

World Cup mode is as shit and buggy as expected. You an pick from like 30 odd players in each squad. Should just be the 23 with squad numbers 1-23. They literally don't even care anymore.

Ultimate Team killed FIFA years ago. People prefer playing a stock market simulation with worthless digital cards game for real money. Any semblance of a football simulation is long gone. :( 

• Like 1

I've downloaded PES 2018 since I have a free trial of the Xbox game pass and in terms of actual gameplay, it is far superior to FIFA. The ball has weight and isn't railroaded to the feet of another player if there is a deflection or a messy tackle. Collision detection is good and players react realistically to collisions and duels for the ball. It actually looks and feels like football. There's none of that 180 degree no-look passing nonsense, if you play a shit pass, you lose the ball. The only thing letting it down is presentation and licencing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Gazz said:

I've downloaded PES 2018 since I have a free trial of the Xbox game pass and in terms of actual gameplay, it is far superior to FIFA. The ball has weight and isn't railroaded to the feet of another player if there is a deflection or a messy tackle. Collision detection is good and players react realistically to collisions and duels for the ball. It actually looks and feels like football. There's none of that 180 degree no-look passing nonsense, if you play a shit pass, you lose the ball. The only thing letting it down is presentation and licencing.

Is it easy to download the real teams and logos? If there's a simple way to do that, I may pick up PES2018 as I don't think I've bought a soccer game since FIFA 14 (or 15, but still). 

Yeah I was saying this to Liam the other day actually. Gameplay is great but they're so far behind in terms of presentation. The menus haven't come along since the PS2 days and that's no exaggeration. They're also putting far too much time in their UT knock off (MyClub) than Master League which is what brought so many to the series in the first place.

Playing on Superstar difficulty and 15min matches is a real challenge. I find that on the top difficulty on FIFA, I still dominate 99% of games, but lose due to them deciding I'm going to lose when the AI has one shot on target to my 14 and scores with it.

It took me about an hour to get the logos and the kits copied over. But that's because I downloaded an MLS mod too.