FIFA 18

Gazz

First four games for today, four wins!!

1-0, 2-1, 4-3 and 3-1 

Leaves me on 47,377 points whilst the current target for Elite 1 is 50,167. 

I feel like as long as the gap between me and Elite 1 isn't more than 4,000 / 5,000 points by the time I get back from the match then I could finish the day in Elite 1 if I keep my current form going. 

• Like 1

Got the first 8 games done of the day before the football started. A respectable 7 wins and 1 loss. I have over 53k now, sitting in Elite 1. All I'm after is Elite 2 to ensure I get those mega packs, so hopefully I'll be able to leave a few of the games tomorrow. I currently have a 13k cushion on Elite 3.

• Like 1

8 wins out of 8 today.

This evenings results: 2-1, 3-2, 2-1, 4-4 (won on pens after conceding 120th minute) 

55,131 points in total. 58,871 is the current Elite 1 total needed. Massively above Elite 3 by 21,000 points so really I should be safe anyway. I just need to get some games where I score a ton against the AI. They've all been a 1 goal cushion bar the 3-1 win this morning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Didn't realise there was 12 games on a Saturday. Tbh don't think I could cope doing another 4. 8 felt like a slog after a while. 

That's why I'm only doing it every few weeks. And if I can secure (or as good as) Elite 2 by the end of Saturday, I won't need to play much on the Sunday. It's a 15K difference in coins but you still get the 2 mega packs.

1-3 today. I'm giving in unless it looks like I'll drop back down into Elite 3. 

So frustrating the AI managing to dribble through 3 people in the box and score near post. Oh and the AI getting fouls that you don't get. 

3 hours ago, MDK said:

I dunno how you can play that often against the CPU. I get through about half a dozen games and I get bored, I much prefer playing online.

It's a fun mode within UT for me. I get annoyed at AI bullshit at times, as @Davidmarrio has pointed out himself, but it's nothing like the frustration of absolutely hammering some prick online only for his keeper to save everything and you lose 3 or 4-0 because yours couldn't be arsed to save anything. Their slo-mo cameras on goals very rarely help the cause either, where you can clearly see the keeper diving for the ball AFTER it's gone past him. 

And then there's the annoying celebrations people use, and the general dickery you come up against just takes a lot of the fun away. At least when we ran tournaments on here, it was enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It's a fun mode within UT for me. I get annoyed at AI bullshit at times, as @Davidmarrio has pointed out himself, but it's nothing like the frustration of absolutely hammering some prick online only for his keeper to save everything and you lose 3 or 4-0 because yours couldn't be arsed to save anything. Their slo-mo cameras on goals very rarely help the cause either, where you can clearly see the keeper diving for the ball AFTER it's gone past him. 

And then there's the annoying celebrations people use, and the general dickery you come up against just takes a lot of the fun away. At least when we ran tournaments on here, it was enjoyable.

This is why I play it fits and starts. I might do a bit of squad battles but then get fed up with either piss easy AI or impossible AI. Same with online. Occasionally you can have really fun games against an opponent and I have played some tossers and all that but I prefer it because the matches are a more unique. Some people will miss an absolute sitter when the AI wont. 

That's fair. In all my years of playing FIFA online there have been some games I've enjoyed but I much prefer to play it against friends than randomers. 

The 1st, 45th and 90th minute exploit is definitely a thing though no matter how many times EA deny it. The same thing occurs just after somebody has scored, too.