FIFA 18

Gazz

38 minutes ago, Baddar said:

You play 5 matches per week against teams selected by EA on any difficulty you please, and how you do determines the amount of points you get. The higher the difficulty, the more points on offer. Then you'll get a reward based on where you finish. Pretty decent for 5 matches I'd say. 

24 minutes ago, Gazz said:

37 matches. 4 per day week day, 8 per weekend day and 1 versus the featured squad.

18 minutes ago, Jericode said:

12 per weekend day, it resets every eight hours on Saturday and Sunday doesn't it?

@Jimmy

Basically nobody knows. 

It is 45, I was unaware that there is another 8 games available during the user friendly hours of 1am to 9am Sunday morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had no idea that once the opponents refreshed, you get a new set of matches to play. It's actually quite a commitment for the prizes you'll probably end up with tbh.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

It is 45, I was unaware that there is another 8 games available during the user friendly hours of 1am to 9am Sunday morning.

That is bullshit btw. It's turned me off a bit. 

5 hours ago, Benji said:

So I just Googled Gyasi Zardes and apparently he's a real person and not someone made up for The Journey. I don't know why but I find this hilarious.

Is he not a US international? He always comes to England on my career modes and rips it up for someone lower down like Middlesbrough.

10 hours ago, Benji said:

Apparently. He looks like a player made up for the game and I had never heard of him before.

He's the most convincing actor out of all the professional footballers though. Gotta give him that. 

I've won 2, lost 2 on each of the last few days in squad battles, and despite sitting in Elite 2 at the moment, these losses are going to cost me come the weekend when I'm unable to play a lot of the games. The overnight matches on Friday and Saturday are bullshit. 

Had some extreme FIFA rage earlier. Won the first two SB matches against the two best ranked sides I was matched with. Game 3, I go up against an almost fully silver team, 60-odd chemistry, 73 rated. It felt like 1v21, honestly. None of my players were making runs, every pass wasn't going in the direction I aimed, balls being cut out etc., not to mention their 65 rated keeper making save after save from point blank range. 20 to go, they bring Lacazette on as a sub and I lose 1-0. So frustrating. 

Went 1-0 down in my final game due to some more bullshit where Keylor Navas collided into a defender and gave them a tap in, but I bounced back and won 4-1.

It's put me in Elite 2 (top 4%) heading into the weekend, but barely, and as I won't be able to complete the 45 matches, I'll more than likely end up in one of the gold divisions. 

Undefeated on Squad Battles so far this week, sat literally 100 points outside Elite which is annoying. Nearly all of those are professional except for two that threw me really odd teams with low ratings/chemistry so I did World Class to sneak some extra points. No idea what my weekend plans are yet though so I'm mostly aiming to consolidate Gold 1 and maybe sneak Elite 3 if I'm lucky with games/spare time.

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Undefeated on Squad Battles so far this week, sat literally 100 points outside Elite which is annoying. Nearly all of those are professional except for two that threw me really odd teams with low ratings/chemistry so I did World Class to sneak some extra points. No idea what my weekend plans are yet though so I'm mostly aiming to consolidate Gold 1 and maybe sneak Elite 3 if I'm lucky with games/spare time.

You should play WC more often. You'd definitely be in Elite at the moment.

My record on Legendary this week is 13 wins and 8 losses and I'm in Elite 2, but it'll be Elite 3 by the morning I'm sure. If I had a better squad (mine is a La Liga 82 rated team) I think my record would improve quite a bit. 

Not sure when I'll be loading it up tomorrow though, so I'll be missing the 4 potential games overnight tonight. :/

I'm considering it for next week, the two World Class games got me about double the points the Professional ones are getting me but from my experience playing WC a week or two ago on Squad Battles I just got thumped routinely, hence why I was just trialling it again. Definitely think I'll try and push myself a bit more next week.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Not sure when I'll be loading it up tomorrow though, so I'll be missing the 4 potential games overnight tonight. :/

You could stay up until 1 to do the reset, sleep in, and then you can play the four games and reset immediately without missing out on any as long as you do it before 5.

I play any games where the team is shit or low chem on World Class, most of them I win by a couple of goals but I've had two 5-0's that helped. Low chem World Class feels like Amateur, full chem World Class feels like Ultimate.

• Like 1