Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunners continue to look in Spain

carmona.jpg

Arsenal are continuing to look to Spain for new talent with Carlos Carmona the latest player appearing on Arsene Wenger's radar.

The Mallorca midfielder is being compared to a young Luis Figo in some quarters and is an Under-17 team-mate of Highbury prodigy Cesc Fabregas.

After snaring Jose Antonio Reyes for a club record fee in January, Wenger is fully aware of the rich amount of talent being produced in Spain, and is keeping a close watch on Carmona.

Mallorca are believed to be aware of the threat of losing their promising right winger and the Balearic club have inserted a number of clauses in his contract which makes it difficult for any predators to lure him away cheaply.

Carmona is concentrating on making the step up in class with Mallorca before thinking about any move abroad.

"I like the way Luis Figo, Joaquin and Juan Carlos Valeron play," he told Marca.

"To be able to play in the pre-season with the first team would be a dream."

Scout Steve Rowley has been spotted watching the young wide man.

source: planetfootball.com

Interesting, are we going to go Spanish mad?

Edited by Gooner4Life

Gooner4life, I'm sorry, but you're a fucking idiot. You're a stereotypical football fan. Having that as your avatar is just wrong. Keown was a fucking dick, and regardless of being an Arsenal fan or not, you should recognize that he was being a twat. I know when United players are acting like shitheads, so wake up and stop praising your team for being wankers.

lol you going to get some shit for saying that in a arsenal thread, he was beign a dick but i dont see a problem with his avater it makes me laugh lookin at keowns retarded  face

I'm sure I won't get stick, mainly the football fans on here are mature and sensible.

What?

What is worng with it? I like it.

If you were an Arsenal fan you would understand, THAT was the moment of our seaosn because of the whole scenario.

If it bothers more people then maybe I will change it. It is only a picture

Edited by Gooner4Life

Jook, I think in someways you can look at it as stupid...but how would you feel if that had happened?

The opposition dived in the penalty area (it WAS a dive!), and your main title rivals have just won a penalty. The best striker in their team steps up...and misses, how would you react? Be it on a professional football pitch or at a park with your friends, you would laugh, get in the faces and take the piss. FACT. You can deny it if you want, but you would react like that.

It's called passion. Fact is, we would've lost if you scored, giving you the advantage in the title race. Thing is, you missed, so no-one had the advantage, and EVERY SINGLE Arsenal fan was probably laughing their heads off at the miss (seen as it should never have been given) but also saying "thank god".

David Bentley, 19, has joined Premiership newcomers Norwich City on a season-long loan.

David made a number of first-team appearances last season across all competitions, including four starts in the youthful Carling Cup side that progressed through to the Semi-Finals of the competition.

His first senior goal for the Club came as a substitute in the FA Cup Fourth Round tie against Middlesbrough, when he delivered an inch perfect chip from the edge of the area to beat Mark Schwarzer and cap the 4-1 victory.

One of England's brightest young talents, David is a regular at youth level for his country and captained the Under-18 national team.

Representing England at Under-21 level this year, he marked his debut with a stunning goal against Holland in February and his set piece led to England's opener against Sweden in March.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes David the best of luck during his time with Norwich City.

bentley_kiss.jpg

source: arsenal.com

Great to see him at another Premiership club, hopefully he will be a starter all season. Good luck to him :D

Sweden midfielder Freddie Ljungberg is ready to risk the wrath of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger by asking to play in this summer's Olympics.

Ljungberg would like to play for his country in Athens, as he would like to fulfil his Olympic dream.

Sweden's Under-21 side are close to securing their place in the Athens Games at the European Under-21 Championship, and Olympic rules mean they would be allowed to select three over-age players to bolster their squad, thus opening the door for Ljungberg to play.

If he was to go to the Olympics, it would mean Ljungberg would miss the start of the Barclays Premiership season with Arsenal.

The goalscoring midfielder is hoping that he can reach an agreement with Arsenal to play in the tournament in Greece.

"It would be a fantastic experience to play for Sweden in an Olympic Games," said Ljungberg.

"I remember that Arsenal didn't look on the situation kindly when Kanu and Lauren played in the Olympic Games in Sydney four years ago.

"But if it's possible to come to a solution, it should be a fantastic event to be in Athens with Sweden."

Great, just great!

Gooner4life, I'm sorry, but you're a fucking idiot. You're a stereotypical football fan. Having that as your avatar is just wrong. Keown was a fucking dick, and regardless of being an Arsenal fan or not, you should recognize that he was being a twat. I know when United players are acting like shitheads, so wake up and stop praising your team for being wankers.

More truthful words have never been spoken, crusader.

More truthful words have never been spoken, crusader.

Jook was saying that in reference to his avatar, and if you look up, I gave a reason why there is nothing wrong with it. Besides, only Manc's hae complained about it, so by process of elimination, I'd say you're either an Yiddo or a Manc. Am I right?

I'd say you're either an Yiddo or a Manc. Am I right?

I know what a Manc is but whats a Yiddo lol.

There is nothing wrong with his avatar, and to call someone a Fucking idiot just because of an avatar is pretty lame.

And Ljungberg is a class player but we have the cover for him, so i say let him go and play in the Olympics.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

A Yiddo is a Jew, and back in the day Jews use to support Tottenham. Its our equivalent of Gooner, except in each case the opposing side has taken the apparent slur and used it for themselves.

Kind of like Nigga.

I personally laugh when I see the Keown incident, I'm not the type of person who gets all shitty about things like that. For instance in the cup final a few weeks back, a guy at work was getting pissy about Dennis Wise, saying he didn't portray a good message to young supporters instead of thinking less of Wise I just thought the guy saying it was a bit too faggy.

They got fined/carded by the FA anyway, so whats the point in going on about it?