Arsenal Thread

TMM

Typical that a manc would try to belittle something as impressive as going unbeaten all season. Least gracious supporters in the world.

Hats off to Arsenal. They were brilliant all season, and have achieved something that may not be repeated for years to come. And they did it with style too.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone hates ALL United fans, because of a few.

And I Bleed Red, as far as I can see, has the right to say what he wants. Some Arsenal fans (such as Gooner, see how I don't say "All Arsenal fans") have already jumped on his case about it. We all know that Arsenal have been brilliant all season, but we all know that United still have the record of most points, and winning the most games.

That said, as long as Gooner is as annoying as he currently is, then I Bleed Red should be able to post like he has done, without being ridiculed about it.

In my experience the vast majority of United fans are arrogant, and ungracious in both victory and defeat. I don't think it's just a few at all. For example, check out any cup final they have lost, and watch how many of their fans stay to at least applaud their own team receiving medals. I don't consider Arsenal fans anything like them at all (although there are a few obviously).

And yes, I Bleed Red has the right to say what he wants. But by the same token, other people have the right to comment on what he said. Just as you have made a point of doing with Gooner. I don't want to get into a huge discussion about it, but little things like saying that United were still champions until Arsenal got the trophy strikes me as typical, petty manc behaviour.

Nobody wants their rivals successes rubbed in their faces, but as far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't respond with jealous jibes.

Guest I Bleed Red

I'm not being jealous. fucking christ, how many times do I have to say it?

Arsenal deserve to be the champions, they've had a truely remarkable season, and for anyone else to be champions this season would be an injustice.

But all the stuff they're spouting that this makes them invincible, or the best team in the world is crap.

If they were truely invincible, they would be in the FA Cup final, the would be in the champions league final, they would have won the league cup, and they would have won the community shield, but they didn't do any of those.

They're not the best team in the world either. They're not even the best in Europe. That's either going to be Porto or Monaco this season.

They're the best team in England/Britain by a long shot, and as I said, they're very deserving of that this year.

I'm not being jealous. fucking christ, how many times do I have to say it?

Judging by what you've said, you are jealous. You're trying to belittle what Arsenal have done this season, and its a whole lot better than what the Mancs have done.

All I am fed up of up is damn Mancunians wearing their blinkers and living in 1999 constantly. Whenever Arsenal do something incredible, they always come out with their 1999 remarks. Who cares? That was then, you have to realise you aren't the best anymore, there are TWO teams in this country who are better.

And I am sorry, bout the worst part is, they are the most blatant cheaters I have ever seen. I thought Italians were bad, but Man Utd can be just ridiculous.

And talking about crap teams in the league we beat? You lost to most of them, you can't say anything I Bleed Red. You lost to Pompey, Wolves (NEARLY twice), Boro and Fulham (3-1 at home might I add).

On another note, Arsenal have confirmed Wiltord and Keown are leaving in the summer.

No suprise about Wiltord really, I liked him, he was a good player, annoying to see him leave for free when he cost £13m. But never mind, I still think Kanu will leave, he never plays, he hardly ever gets on the bench, what chance will he have next year with van Persie there as well?

Edited by Gooner4Life

Guest theheartbreakid

6. We crashed out of the Champions League again?? We lost over two legs to a good side in Chelsea. You lost to Porto!! And you went out at an earlier round than us!

Yeah we lost to Porto, erm aren't they in the Final? maybe my mistake but you lost to a good side in Chelsea, didn't they go out to Monaco?

I'm a Liverpool supporter and I congratulate Arsenal on their undefeated season this year. Well done, but next year we will be a force to be reconned with!

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Who cares what teams got to what round?, you could lose out to Porto in the group stages and Porto could go onto win the whole cup, but that doesn't make you better than any of the teams who got knocked out in later rounds.

Its a poor excuse to use when you've lost, you might be able to sleep better at night knowing you got knocked out by the potential champions, but at the end of the day it doesn't fucking matter, you got knocked out earlier, tough shit.

IBleedMe is the most annoying football fan across these forums, considering he's been supporting since after the treble he seems to speak about it alot. Gooner4life can be just as annoying, but IBleedMe is annoying in every single post he makes.

If people want to cry about Arsenal going undefeated, keep it behind closed doors, It hurts me to see so many annoying people coming up with all these useless 'but this...' 'but that....' just suck it up and deal with it.

I don't know how late I am but I just want to thank Arsenal on an amazing season. Henry may go down as the greatest player ever.

Thank you Arsenal, thank you

Arsenal's Arsene Wenger has confirmed Sylvain Wiltord is to leave Highbury on a free transfer in the summer.

The French international striker, 29, has been unable to agree terms on a new deal at Highbury and will be a free agent in June when his contract ends.

Wiltord has held talks with Werder Bremen, but no deal has been confirmed.

Bremen are confident Wiltord will sign and director of sport Klaus Allofs said: "There is a lot of interest in the move from both sides."

Wiltord became Arsenal's record signing when he joined for around £11m in 2000.

Meanwhile Wenger has still to resolve Nigerian international Kanu's future.

Arsenal's French manager said: "I haven't decided on Kanu and he hasn't decided yet.

"He is free to go where he wants as he is out of contract this summer and I have no final say to that."

source: bbc.co.uk/sport

Edited by Gooner4Life

It's a pitty Wiltord and Kanu are going as i like them both, but i suppose the fact is that they would not get any games with us next season if they stayed on so it would be best if they both leave pitty we wont get any money for either of them.

Kanu i feel could have be a class player for us even when he comes on as a sub he plays a semi-decent game, he can hold the ball up well and has great creativity but most of the time he dosen't look like he can be bothered, if he pushed him self more and had a bit more entusiasm(sp) he could have had a succesfull carrer at Arsenal.

Arsenal Football Club are reportedly monitoring the situation with Mark Schwarzer, who is in contract dispute with Middlesbrough.

The former Bradford City stopper is out of contract at the end of next season, and the Riverside Stadium club are eager to tie him to a long-term deal to extend his stay on Teeside.

However, Schwarzer has had to postpone further discussions on his future as he concentrates on his international career with Australia, and this has alerted the champions.

"It is obviously always flattering when you get linked with a club like Arsenal," said Schwarzer. "They are a fantastic side and to be linked with any side of that type of calibre is very flattering."

The Gunners are keen to find a replacement for Jens Lehmann who has failed to impress following his arrival last summer, and they may lodge a bid of around £3million for Schwarzer.

your kidding?

I actually want Lehmann or Frey next season

I feel Lehmann has done quite well this season. He only has two major weaknesses in my opinion, distribution and temperament.

Distribution? IMO, he's one of the best distributors of the ball I've ever seen. Well, if we're talking about throwing anyway. He needs to sort out the kicking...which was probably what you meant. I'm going to go back to my hole....

...back. I think Lehmann has realised how much he fucked up against Tottenham with his eratic behaviour, and has realised how much many Arsenal fans wanted to hurt him after it. I think he'll be ok next season in that department.

Since kicking would be his main way of distributing the ball.....after all most time would be goal kicks or kicking it out.....that was what I meant. I think it was in Europe he made some shocking kicks that cost us one....maybe two goals in one night.

And as for the Tottenham incident, why do you think he has learnt? He was abusive in the "Battle of Old Trafford", he threw the ball at Kevin Phillips at New Year, he pushed over Gary Neville when he was off the pitch during the league game at Highbury, he wrestled Robbie Keane to the ground against Spurs.

Those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head but I'm sure there have been others this season. If there hasn't - that's mre than enough! Why should he have learnt after the Spurs incident when he didn't after the others?

He also had a reputation for his bad temperament before he came to Highbury - so he hasn't learnt from other past experiences.

He hasn't done a thing since the Tottenham incident.

With Lehmann, you'd expect him to have at least stood up to someone, get in their face, yell at them, SOMETHING! But he hasn't done a thing. There have been a few incident's since where I expected him to do something, but I was pleasenlty surprised that he just stood up and brushed it off.

Anyway, I think he realised something from the reaction of Arsenal fans that we were absolutley sick and tired of his antics. When he didn't celebrate with the team after the Tottenham match, that was when I thought something had changed.

On the distribution note; I getcha. But he has launched SO many of our counter-attackes over the course of the season.

Corner > Lehmann catches > Lehmann throws to Pires > Pires gives it to someone > That someone scores

That's how quite a few of our counter-attacks happened.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I think theres been words between Wenger and Lehmann, ever since the penalty he gave away people have been getting in his face and he's just let it pass, which has been surprising. We all know he can have a good game, he's made stupid mistakes (silly kicks, silly reflex saves, etc) but he's still alot better than all his rumoured replacements.

I lost faith in Lehmann a while back, but recently I've started to get behind him again (no, not doggystyle), I'd much rather keep him, hopefully we don't waste our money on some shitty replacement.

He's got a temper, but he's also confident, he's strong and when it comes to corners I can rely on him to try his hardest to get the ball, and its usually successful. I'd still like to sign Frey but as of now, I think this so called problem isn't as big as people are letting on.

I think theres been words between Wenger and Lehmann, ever since the penalty he gave away people have been getting in his face and he's just let it pass, which has been surprising. We all know he can have a good game, he's made stupid mistakes (silly kicks, silly reflex saves, etc) but he's still alot better than all his rumoured replacements.

I lost faith in Lehmann a while back, but recently I've started to get behind him again (no, not doggystyle), I'd much rather keep him, hopefully we don't waste our money on some shitty replacement.

He's got a temper, but he's also confident, he's strong and when it comes to corners I can rely on him to try his hardest to get the ball, and its usually successful. I'd still like to sign Frey but as of now, I think this so called problem isn't as big as people are letting on.

I agree 100%.

Lehmann is a class 'keeper, and there are only two 'keepers I'd accept to replace him; Stuart Taylor or Sebastien Frey. No-one else. I really hope we don't go anywhere near bloody Mark Schwarzer. Yes he's a good 'keeper, but I don't think he's good enough.

I lost faith with Lehmann, and dreaded EVERYTIME the ball was passed to the guy. I was terrified he'd fuck up or do something stupid. But my faith has been restored after recent performances.