Arsenal Thread

TMM

You idiot.

They aren't divison one teams but they are still relegated.

Norwich and WBA are not Premiership teams but they are still promoted.

Stop being such an idiot and let go. You lost the league. We were crowned Champions at White Hart Lane. So what if the ceremonial part of the show hasn't happened yet. I suggest you get back in your armchair Man U fan, you could be missing something.

Meanwhile, I'm going off to Highbury to watch us play Leicester and watch us receive the trophy as we ARE Champions.

Summers,

my bet is that he is an armchair fan.....he just sounds so much like one.

Edited by TheArsenal

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Mr Red Blood.

United are the champions right now, just like Leeds are a premiership side.

And, I really wish you'd stop with the armchair stuff, it's making you look pathetic.

You're off to Highbury now? Going a bit early, eh?

He sounds no different than you do, TA. So, from now on, I'm going to call you an armchair fan, alright?

Edited by Summers

I agree with Mr Red Blood.

United are the champions right now, just like Leeds are a premiership side.

And, I really wish you'd stop with the armchair stuff, it's making you look pathetic.

You're off to Highbury now? Going a bit early, eh?

I said Leeds were a Premisership side, but they are still relegated. And I didn't say I was going now......I actually live near to the club I support so I can leave within an hour of wanting to be at the ground.

You actually said "Meanwhile" meaning.. "So now".

I also live near my club's stadium, wonderful, isn't it?

And yes, Leeds ARE relegated. BUT, they're still in the premiership right now.

Arsenal will be champions, and that's so deserved, but United are still reigning champions until the end of the season.

And yes, Leeds ARE relegated. BUT, they're still in the premiership right now.

Arsenal will be champions, and that's so deserved, but United are still reigning champions until the end of the season.

Well I'd disagree seeming as another team has already won the championship fromt hem, and even all the pundits on TV, and the press and everyone else is calling them Champions.

But each to their own, it's not worth getting in a massive argument about.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

ohhh boring boring, Arsenal..

Theres were your whole 'arguement' goes out of the window, Arsenal have been far from boring this season, read the opinions of any unbias news source and you'll see they'll agree. I was delighted when you left EWB first time round, there are Man Utd fans that are tolerable, and then theres people like you, when your not sucking on the ringpiece of Manchester United, your offering nothing of worth to any discussion, your also constantly refering to events experienced by Man Utd that happened before you were even a fan.

The whole 'you did good, but not half as good as united in 1999' arguement is a bunch of fucking ballcock, this is the year 2004, credit where credit is due, you can accept it or you can babble like a baby, either way it happened.

I completely agree with Mudda. Arsenal haven't been boring this season. Infact, they've been the most exciting team in the premiership. Sure, they were boring say, 8, 9 years ago, but now they have pace, flair and skill. And now I'm starting to sound like a gooner.

I completely agree with Mudda. Arsenal haven't been boring this season. Infact, they've been the most exciting team in the premiership. Sure, they were boring say, 8, 9 years ago, but now they have pace, flair and skill. And now I'm starting to sound like a gooner.

You can put that down to George Graham. He used to tell our team to attack and get a goal, then sit back and defend the lead. And don't worry about sounding like a Gooner - I think it's the ost intelligent thing you've ever said! ;):lol::D

It was boring at times, and I'm glad that we've come so far in such a short space of time. But you can't argue that it worked for George Graham. The famous back four of Adams, Bould, Winterburn and Dixon (five if you include Keown) were probably the best there's been, a defensive line up I don't think will be bettered. Can't think why they didn't play for England together.

I'll always like George Graham for the moment we won the league at Anfield. When Michael Thomas scores everybody, the fans, players, subs, coaches are going mad. Then there's George in the background asking for people to sit down and calm.

Let's try and settle this shall we?

In the past, the trophy was presented when the second and below placed teams were mathematically incapable of catching the team placed first. Therefore, they were crowned the champions. The rules have changed this season so that the winners lift the trophy on the final day.

We are the champions of this season. We won it. Saying that we didn't is like saying Chelsea or Manchester United could catch up with us and finish first. Sorry, it won't happen. Why? It's mathematically impossible, therefore, we are the champions.

Oh, and the Oxford Dictionary classifies 'Immortal' as:

constatnt, long-lasting.

Now, if long-lasting isn't ONE WAY of saying unbeatable, then we're not immortal. But I do believe it is.

Guest I Bleed Red

No one is saying that you didn't win the league this season, I've said it in every post, congrats on it, you deserve it, yadda yadda yadda, but all I'm saying is currently, for three more days, United are the champions. Come 5 PM Saturday evening, Arsenal are going to be the champions until the end of next season. Next season someone could win the league in mid-March, but that wouldn't make them the champions for the last 2 months, as it would still be Arsenal...

Guest I Bleed Red

Oh, and also for some Arsenal news..

Arsenal striker Dennis Bergkamp has signed a new one-year contract, extending his stay at the club until the end of next season.

Bergkamp, who turns 35 on Monday, told the club's website: "I am so pleased I will be at Arsenal for another year.

"Next season will be my 10th with the club, that just shows what Arsenal means to me and I hope I will be part of another successful campaign."

Manager Arsene Wenger said: "We are delighted Dennis is staying with us."

Wenger added: "He has once again showed throughout this year what an important part of our squad he is.

"Dennis is a great professional and I know his experience and natural ability will continue to help us greatly next season."

Bergkamp signed for Arsenal in 1995 from Inter Milan for £7.5m.

He has scored over 100 goals for the club and was a key performer in the double-winning side of 1997-98.

And Bergkamp has enjoyed a resurgence of form this year as Arsenal won the Premiership title.

Credit: bbc

No one is saying that you didn't win the league this season, I've said it in every post, congrats on it, you deserve it, yadda yadda yadda, but all I'm saying is currently, for three more days, United are the champions.  Come 5 PM Saturday evening, Arsenal are going to be the champions until the end of next season.  Next season someone could win the league in mid-March, but that wouldn't make them the champions for the last 2 months, as it would still be Arsenal...

Does three days mean so much to you? Why are you holding onto something that you know will be gone in 3 days?