Arsenal Thread

TMM

Im gutted we didn't win. Even if its a cup Arsenal dont give a damn about usually, I really wanted us to reach the final, but oh well. Wigan played equally as well as us in the first half, if not better. And we were damn lucky not to have the penalty decision's given against us. Fuck knows what Campbell and Sendros were playing at.

The second half we were the better team, and Van Persie's freekick was sweet. As for Reyes, im getting so frustrated and annyoyed at how he has turned out. When he signed he seemed like he would become a superstar for Arsenal, he scored some decent goals, and played really well. He still has the occasional good game, but nothing anywhere near what he should be playing. All he seems to do now though is dive all over the place, try taking on players and losing the ball, and giving the possesion away from poor passing.

It's just annoying, watching him play the way he has been, knowing he could, and should be so much more. If he really hit form and played to his abilities I have no doubt that he would be an amazing player. But untill that happens im gonna stay annoyed and frustrated at him lol.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now BOTH N.London clubs are out of both cups. Darn, I feel so sad. :)

On a serious note I watched the Bolton/Arsenal game and you guys were barely in it. I bet Wenger's rueing the day he let Patrick Viera go, because without Henry and Bergkamp you guys are definatly beatable.

Quote of the match has to go to Ian Wright, in the studio at half time (about Diaby):

"People are already comparing the kid to Patrick, which isn't exactly fair, I mean they are both brothers, and both are kinda tall..."

As for all the bitching about Reyes, yep, ask any opposition supporter, the diving gets annoying.

Oh well, roll on the last ever N.London derby at Highbury, on this form we might be able to make up for the draw you managed to snatch at WHL earlier this year.

So now BOTH N.London clubs are out of both cups. Darn, I feel so sad. :)

On a serious note I watched the Bolton/Arsenal game and you guys were barely in it. I bet Wenger's rueing the day he let Patrick Viera go, because without Henry and Bergkamp you guys are definatly beatable.

Quote of the match has to go to Ian Wright, in the studio at half time (about Diaby):

"People are already comparing the kid to Patrick, which isn't exactly fair, I mean they are both brothers, and both are kinda tall..."

As for all the bitching about Reyes, yep, ask any opposition supporter, the diving gets annoying.

Oh well, roll on the last ever N.London derby at Highbury, on this form we might be able to make up for the draw you managed to snatch at WHL earlier this year.

You were watching the right game yeah? First half was boring as hell and both sides were crap, but second half it was all us, with them getting in a few breaks every now and then.

Their defence was solid as a rock for 99% of the game, which was frustrating because it's becoming far to clear that our players have been told to try and find a pass rather than risk a chance at shooting from a distance, which is fine when you're playing a team who's defence isn't as solid as Bolton's.

Bolton's spoiler tactics are what have seem them to a possibility of taking fourth if they win both their games in hand over Spurs.

Annoying to play against and not always great to watch but they're playing it excellently....

Very true. Allardyce has put together a great team, and their aim in every game seems to be to frustrate the opposition to such an extent that they can force errors which they can exploit, and damn to they do it so well. I applaud them on getting through, and Allardyce's team does deserve some silver wear at some point.

You were watching the right game yeah? First half was boring as hell and both sides were crap, but second half it was all us, with them getting in a few breaks every now and then.

Their defence was solid as a rock for 99% of the game, which was frustrating because it's becoming far to clear that our players have been told to try and find a pass rather than risk a chance at shooting from a distance, which is fine when you're playing a team who's defence isn't as solid as Bolton's.

Guest muddatrucker

:lol: Oh well, you have to laugh, its a cup that we never take seriously and I like seeing some of the youth team get some action and usually get fairly far.

Wenger played the best team available to him, looks like he was taking it seriously to me. It's bizarre that he played a full strength team against Wigan in the Carling Cup, but a weakened side against Bolton (a better team) in the FA Cup (a better competition). :blink:

lol.

Nice to see Arsenal doing well (Y)

And when was the last time Hartlepool played in the top division?

I'd like to see how many people who "support" Arsenal in this thread are from that part of London or own a season ticket/go to 75% or more of the matches.

And for all the people saying we played a weakended side. We didn't for christ's sake. It as the only kind of team we could put out.

Henry and Lauren have hamstring problems, Almunia is our kup goalkeeper, Bergkamp just played 120 minutes a few days before and Toure and Eboue are at the African Nations. Cole and Clichy are still injured, Fabregas was banned. Who else were we supposed to play, that team was the best we had available.

And for all the people saying we played a weakended side. We didn't for christ's sake. It as the only kind of team we could put out.

Henry and Lauren have hamstring problems, Almunia is our kup goalkeeper, Bergkamp just played 120 minutes a few days before and Toure and Eboue are at the African Nations. Cole and Clichy are still injured, Fabregas was banned. Who else were we supposed to play, that team was the best we had available.

I'd like to see how many people who "support" Arsenal in this thread are from that part of London or own a season ticket/go to 75% or more of the matches.