Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite late for it, but just for the records one more time:

ArseAnal London - West Ham United 2:3 :w00t:(H):P

And the award for Immature Poster of All Time goes to.......

Oh please, as if a number of Spurs fans on EWB don't take shots like that at Arsenal, and as if a number of Arsenal fans on here don't take shots like that at Spurs.

Get off the high horse.

At the end of the day summers, I've seen you react to people taking pops at villa, in fairness the comment isn't immature its just really unoriginal.

Yeah, but I don't go around acting like I don't do it too.

Arsenal have been boosted by the news that French defender Gael Clichy could be back in full training next week.

The 20-year-old left-back broke a bone in his foot while playing for France Under-21s on 11 November and has not played for the Gunners since.

The news will be welcomed by Arsenal, who have used seven players at left-back after a string of injuries.

"I hope that I can be back in the next week, or maybe two weeks' time," he told Arsenal's official website.

"I am looking forward to playing again and helping the team."

First-choice left-back Ashley Cole has been sidelined with a similar injury to Clichy, while Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has experimented with a string of other players in the role.

In addition to Clichy and Cole, Pascal Cygan, Lauren, Kerrea Gilbert, Philippe Senderos and Seb Larsson have all filled in.

Clichy said he had been impressed with the versatility shown by the squad.

"Larsson was playing amazingly at left-back against Birmingham on Saturday, even though it is not his position," he said.

"That sort of thing makes the coach and the players very happy."

Edited by TheArsenal

Again, with all the injuries you can only try and look on the bright side. We've had a shit year and missed a lot of players. But at the same time those absences have seen Eboue and Gilbert both step forward as possible replacements for Lauren whenever he moves on. Djourou has also been quite impressive at the back and at the moment I would pick him ahead of Senderos, the chance to play has done him some good.

I think the only way this year won't go down as a complete disaster is if we do look at it as a transitional year and try and take something out of it - like the development of the younger players.

And just to add, I hope we don't play Alex Song at the back. I haven't liked the look of him at all yet and he worries me enough playing in midfield let alone at the back.

Maybe the highlights were unkind or something, but after the Bolton game, all I can say is... AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lehmann was acting like a schoolyard bully, Flamini should have been sent off for sure (two footed AND nowhere at all near the ball). The Bolton guy should probably have been sent off too, but at least he got the damn ball.

As for Wenger calling them "completely different tackles", what the fuck was he watching? The Bolton guy got the ball, Flamini missed it by a mile. That's the only difference. Both red cards IMO, but how he can claim Flamini's was somehow forgivable I don't know...

The last fifteen minutes or so was great though, mostly because of SuperFinn and Gardner (who seems to be invincible). Your back four were absolutely laughable (I realise they were like, your eight-choice defenders, but still...), and until the likes of Pires and Bergkamp came on, Bolton should have been about 3-0 up. The last fifteen minutes probably did earn you the draw, but if I was Big Sam I'd be pissed at only getting a point.

Oh, and that Adabayou guy was absolute shite. I take it that was a bad day? Wenger doesn't normally buy shit players.

Edited by TheReilDeal27

He didn't have a particularly great game tonight, although I wouldn't say any outfield player did. Adebayor was unlucky to be called offside in the first half, but in the end a draw would have been more than we deserved.

No real complaints about our approach to the game, with our poor confidence, injury list and playing away from home I expected us to sit back more rather than take the game to Liverpool. When our chances (or more half-chances) broke nobody could do anything.

Jens had a great game in goal, if everybody had played like him I think we might've won. When the goal went in at the end it was him I really felt for, nobody else. Ah well, at least we've got Toure back, and Eboue looks a little better for the international experience. Drop Pires for either Reyes or Hleb and get a left back ready in time and we might avoid losing at Real Madrid, which would be a good result.

Edited by supergrass

Half our team don't look like they care anymore.

The only players that have really played like they care this season have been Lehmann, Lauren, Flamini, Fabregas and van Persie, and maybe Gilbert.

Everyone else doesn't look like they give a shit. Giving the ball away so carelesly and Robert Pires needs to go, he is beyond a joke now.

I like Pires and still think he has a place, but putting him up against Gerrard on the wing doesn't make sense. With the likes on Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko on the pitch we're already at a physcial disadvantage. As much as I like Fabregas I think the pairing of Diaby and Gilberto gives us a bit more security, particularly at Anfield. Hleb or Fabregas need to go out to the wing and let Pires have a break. I would also stop pretending with Senderos, he's not making progress and is a liability right now. Give Djourou a chance to play some games instead.

I would agree with something Andy Gray said, that team out there last night didn't look like they believed they could go to Anfield and win. That starting XI were good enough to get something, even if only a draw, but they didn't want it enough.

Just to bring up Jens again (I can't help but do that considering he's the only one who put in some effort), I think he's done enough to ensure he's going to be our number 1 again next year. I wouldn't rank him up there with Seaman as one of our best goalkeepers, but he'll certainly be one of the most memorable in his relatively short time with us.

Edited by supergrass

I would agree with that, he's not a leader on the pitch and despite his arguments against he does have a tendency to go missing in big games, especially away from home. It's maybe not our main problem but I think it was more a way of Arsene sweatening the deal for Thierry and make him want to stay.

I really don't know why Sol Campbell wasn't named captain. At that point he was a bit rocked from the FA Cup final dropping but I still think he had the characteristics for the job.

Just to add, I think our problem was not replacing Vieira. It became clear he didn't have the heart for it like he used to and I think he did regret turning Real down. Regardless of that we needed a proven central midfielder to come in.