Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

Aliadiere could of been good (and I guess he still could improve) if he'd bulked up, but then he had his long injury and I guess he just spent his time recovering other than that he's too much of a fairy on the ball.

Guest muddatrucker

He didn't get a chance at Celtic or Westham, he was just really unlucky with his two loan spells because the teams took him on and never used him, as he's said he wish he'd of stayed with the reserves where he could of at least trained with Arsenal players.

Before his injury he was a good player, how he is now, I don't know.

He didn't get a chance at Celtic or Westham, he was just really unlucky with his two loan spells because the teams took him on and never used him, as he's said he wish he'd of stayed with the reserves where he could of at least trained with Arsenal players.

Before his injury he was a good player, how he is now, I don't know.

Guest muddatrucker

So you haven't seen him since a few years ago? At Celtic they brought him in and then followed the loan with some strikers, Pardew told him he'd use him at Westham too, they should of scouted him properly before they decided to take them as that wasn't the purpose of the loan.

Guest muddatrucker

And as previously stated in the thread, before his injury at the Community Shield in Cardiff against Man Utd, he was steadily making his way into the first team.

Nobody here is rating him on what he did for the reserves, we're just saying before the injury he was coming up through the ranks and was a good player (his major weakness being his strength/size).

I just think 2 clubs took him on loan unfairly, first at Celtic where they brought more strikers in and as a result of not even getting a chance he terminated the loan, then at West Ham where he states Pardew told him he had a use for him, only never to give him a chance either.

Thats not why he went on loan, he could of (and says he'd of rather'd) stayed at Arsenal and trained with better players in a familiar setup but obviously the loan was intended for getting him some playing time.

I just feel like you can hardly call him purely championship material if you haven't seen him play in years. I now doubt that he'll make it as Arsenal, but I won't call him crap or Championship material because I know he's better than that, if he can't get a Premiership place, I'm sure he'll fit right in back in Ligue 1.

I can't see Henry leaving to be honest, never have. It's makes sense for him to keep his options open regarding his career and you can't slight someone for wanting the best for themselves. But Henry clearly does love playing for the club, is captain, and I feel he's one of the players that does look at Wenger and Arsenal and realises that he owes what he is today to a gamble they took on him. Add in the fact his wife and child are here and settled, I don't see him leaving us - not when the kids are starting to show what a good future he could be leading us into.

The game was encouraging today. We wasted a lot of good chances which we almost paid for, but when it comes down to it we outplayed Liverpool for the majority of the game and were the better side. Fair enough Liverpool are on a bit of a downer but to better them is a good sign for us. Fabregas and Henry were great, Hleb took another step forward for us and even Pires looked a little more like the player he was last year and kept the ball well. Adebayor is clearly still settling in but he sees openings in the play and knows what he wants to do, even if he can't quite do it yet. Good day overall.

Edited by supergrass

Fantastic.

Henry was amazing once again and I am stunned at the things Fabregas is managing to do. I thought it would take him much longer to achieve such a standard. Bit disappointed with their goal. I feel play should have been pulled back for the foul but overjoyed that it didn't stop us winning. It feels great to get this big win, and move a bit closer to the Champions League places.....and long may this form continue!

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has received mixed news on the injury front as he prepares his side to face Charlton.

Sol Campbell and Robin van Persie came through Tuesday's behind-closed-doors friendly against Brighton unscathed and could feature in Saturday's clash.

It would be the pair's first match since 1 February after Campbell's ankle problem and Van Persie's broken toe.

However, Freddie Ljungberg has been ruled out for two weeks after suffering a recurrence of a calf injury.

The 28-year-old Swede picked up the strain during Sunday's Premiership victory over Liverpool, his first game back since returning to the side following a similar problem.

It means he will definitely sit out the match at Highbury on Saturday and the 26 March game against Portsmouth.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger may decide not to risk Campbell and Van Persie, though, with a crucial Champions League quarter-final tie against Juventus and tough league campaign to face this month.

The Gunners face Juve on 28 March, while they are currently trailing London rivals Tottenham by two points in the race for a Champions League qualifying spot.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has played down reports that Thierry Henry has already decided to quit the London club for Barcelona in the summer.

Newspaper reports in Spain and England claimed a deal had been done between the Frenchman and the Catalan giants.

But Wenger said: "I don't believe there is any truth in that because I cannot imagine that Thierry would do that."

Wenger remains confident Henry will stay, but admitted: "I do not know what his intention really is."

Henry is out of contract with the Gunners at the end of next season and has so far refused to commit to extending his stay in London.

"Do not forget that Thierry is under contract until 2007, so anything agreed without us being involved can only be invented because it cannot be true," said Wenger.

"After that there is a game going on between the Spanish press and English press.

"The Spanish press brings something out that is not true and the English press answers that, and the same on the other side.

"I cannot stop any noises or transfer rumours. I tried for a while and I could not do it, so there are a few solutions.

"Either Thierry extends his contract now or does it at the end of the season, or I do not know what his intention really is to do."

Guest muddatrucker

Its best just to ignore it because at the end of the day it'll only bug you more, I'd rather we hung onto him for the length of his contract and he went on a free rather than sell him at the end of the season for something that doesn't reflect his value.

Good result today, can't wait for MOTD, my brother was there and he tells me it was good.

Same. Can't wait to see it. Here's hoping Birmingham can hold on for a draw against the yids and we'll keep 4th place.

Almost pleased to see Henry's name wasn't on the scoresheet. At least it will shut up all those "one man team" critics. Sounds like Hleb played really well again, and Fabregas seemed to be playing at his absolute best yet again. Sounds like we could have easily scored six or seven.

Had to post this quote from the BBC match report:

So superior were Arsenal that Charlton would not have scored had they played continuously for the 50 days that Highbury will remain Arsenal's ground before their move to Ashburton Grove.