Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

To me, Lehmann has been the best goalkeeper in the premiership this term and he's the only player I felt for when we were losing since he never deserved to conceed.

I hate Oliver Kahn too, so its nice to see, lets just hope he conceeds when it matters.

Fantastic character from the lads today. There would have been times this season where we sat back after conceeding and taken the draw, but even with the Villareal game on our minds, we kept going and scored twice to guarantee the win. Awesome to see Bergkamp getting a goal on "Bergkamp Day" and damn important that we're keeping up with Spurs. Next weekend's game could go a long way to deciding who takes fourth place. And I'll be there, on my birthday, at the last North London derby at Highbury, to see our boys pick up the win.

Good to see us pick things back up after the Portsmouth game.

People thought Man Utd would beat Villareal, especially as they were missing Riquelme, and it ended up 0-0. Arsenal could be in for a bit of a shock, as Villareal are a tight team, difficult to penetrate and if, Riquelme has a good day, they can go forward as well as anyone else.

Guest Ringmaster The Living Legend

The referee's been bad so far, with the Henry offside stuff and the Mari no-penalty stuff. I guess it evened out in the end (one goal attempt dissallowed on each side), but someone should still kick Anders Frisk the second in the nuts, he's been doing shit in pretty much every game I've seen him ref so far.

Was a good win tonight, but obviously putting a second past them would make the second leg alot more comfortable for us. The second leg will be tough but I'm confident that we can beat them, possibley another 1-0. And once again a clean sheet in Europe as TheArsenal stated. Lets just hope the ref for the second leg is nothing like the one we had tonight, he was awful IMO.

Just need to beat Spurs on Saturday and we could be in for a good end of season. Fingers crossed.

Second leg tonight.

I'm already feeling the nerves ahead of the match tonight. This could mean so much for the club, getting to our first Champions League final ever. Hopefully a good result tonight might convince Henry to sign a new contract too. I think this season we've shown our ambition for the future, and that we have a team that can perform and will only be better in years to come. We never really did show it to Vieira, but with Fabregas, Eboue, Flamini, van Persie, Senderos and more all showing themselves as having the quality to be estblished first team players, and a whole host of reserve/youth players all getting some first team action has shown that we're moving towards having a gret squad, not just a great team.